Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Joseph Stalin

Soviet cogitations: 79
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 03 Sep 2015, 10:02
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Pioneer
Post 07 Sep 2015, 06:17
I would like to clarify that I know our Ancestry does not dictate who we are, but I will try and politically follow my cousin's footsteps, and that's my choice regarding success, equality, justice, and empowering the working class, the 98%.
Soviet cogitations: 1078
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Sep 2013, 03:08
Ideology: Trotskyism
Party Member
Post 07 Sep 2015, 07:10
Akecheta wrote:
Louisa Almeda Claflin gave birth to Keke Geladze (Joseph Stalin's mother), and Melania Homezurashvili adopted Keke.... but this will not be published. Why? Because Simon Sebag Montefiore​ didn't include this information in his book(s). In all fairness though, he probably didn't know about this, neither did I. But everyone is just using his book(s) as proof since it lists Melania Homezurashvili as the mother of Keke. It's ironic that a book is being used as the only source. The only person I have on my side is that Russian witness who spoke to Louisa Almeda Claflin when Louisa gave birth to Keke. This Russian witness spoke to the doctors even, but apparently an anti-Stalin book is more "trustworthy" and "reliable" according to Wikipedia.

So who is this supposed witness? Could you please give a name?

I ask because if you look at the edit history on Wikipedia, the person doing the edit including Louisa appears to be Aketcha herself. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:C ... 208.27.208 "Mother is Louisa Almeda Claflin. Look! http://s1.postimg.org/ftunak65q/Capture.jpg PS: My name was actually actually Jorden Dykes, but I'm transgender so I changed my name, and since Joseph Stalin is my cousin, I'm allowed to change my last name to his."

As far as relation to Hitler, how do you know he doesn't have some good, compassionate relatives who live in shame about their relation to him? Jason's never been anything but kind and insightful, in my interactions with him. Also by no means a fascist.

As for Kevin Bacon, he's (I think?) my closest famous relation, I originally had a different estimate here but I just did the math; through the Washburn line of New York, he's my 9th cousin. Come to think of it though, I'm pretty sure I'm as closely or closer-related to W.E.B. DuBois through his white (DuBois) side. It's relations with the most recent shared ancestor going back to the 1700s, maybe early 1800s in DuBois' case, though.
Last edited by MissStrangelove on 07 Sep 2015, 08:15, edited 5 times in total.
Pioneer
Post 07 Sep 2015, 07:16
I don't know the person's name. And it's true, I tried to edit the page but others weren't accepting it. They did at first though but apparently a book with no sources is somehow treated as a "trustworthy" and "reliable" source and is no match for a person claiming to be a witness. As for the other question you asked, I don't really care.
Last edited by Akecheta on 07 Sep 2015, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.
Party Member
Post 07 Sep 2015, 07:21
Akecheta wrote:
I don't know the person's name. And it's true, I tried to edit the page but others weren't accepting it. They did at first though but apparently a book with no sources is somehow treated as a "trustworthy" and "reliable" source is match for a witness. As for the other question you asked, I don't really care.

Again, I'm not kneejerk judging your claim. But "I know a guy who interviewed her and don't know his name" is certainly a worse source than the many books that give Melania as his mother. So I do have to say I'm like 99 percent sure you're making this up to feel more important, to claim a closer connection with a hero of yours.
Pioneer
Post 07 Sep 2015, 07:23
It was done by an IP address. I will trust that person behind that IP address than a book written by a Jewish anti-communist who is a British citizen that doesn't know what he's talking about. I will also trust my Ancestry account over a book.
Last edited by Akecheta on 07 Sep 2015, 07:27, edited 1 time in total.
Party Member
Post 07 Sep 2015, 07:26
Akecheta wrote:
It was done by an IP address. I will trust that person behind that IP address than a book written by a Jewish anti-communist who is a British citizen that doesn't know what he's talking about. I will also trust my Ancestry account over a book.

And can you give the address please? Where did you see this supposed interview? I should also add that your Ancestry account is made by you, and is as well-sourced as you want to make it. Some just flat-out make up lineages back to Moses, others are stringent with verifiability. An Ancestry account is not a source.

Also what does the author being Jewish have to do with anything?
Last edited by MissStrangelove on 07 Sep 2015, 07:30, edited 1 time in total.
Pioneer
Post 07 Sep 2015, 07:29
Quote:
And can you give the address please? Where did you see this supposed interview?

The IP address of that person who claimed to have interviewed Louisa is: 185.93.35.186.
Last edited by Akecheta on 07 Sep 2015, 07:37, edited 1 time in total.
Party Member
Post 07 Sep 2015, 07:32
Akecheta wrote:
The IP address of that person is who claimed to have interviewed Louisa is: 185.93.35.186.

K, Google gives nothing. Did he or she post this interview somewhere that you read, or are you just in personal communication with them? Because frankly, if the latter, you're being BSed. If the former, please post it here?
Pioneer
Post 07 Sep 2015, 07:36
I'll get back to you. I'll message that IP and see if they have a recording or something.
Party Member
Post 07 Sep 2015, 07:46
Akecheta wrote:
I'll get back to you. I'll message that IP and see if they have a recording or something.

Please do. I'd urge you to be skeptical if they say they don't or otherwise can't demonstrate proof, because I'm seeing no real source for the claim you were given and this isn't exactly something Stalin's political enemies have cause to spin.

Edit: if you look at the talk page, we have IPs other than the one Akecheta admitted is hers giving exact word-for-word comments she's made in this thread. e.g. "Apparently Louisa gave birth to Keke, and Melania adopted Keke.... but this will not be published. Oh the irony. But what should I expect, Wikipedia doesn't seek the truth anyway. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 193.109.199.23 (talk) 20:05, 6 September 2015 (UTC)"

So, she knows how to use a proxy, like anyone. And since the IP she listed as her source (185.93.35.186) is in that same series, I do have to say I'm skeptical about all of this. I was trying to be diplomatic before, but I'm like 90 percent sure she's making it all up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Keke_Geladze

Also some serious antisemitic stench, echoed in this thread too: "Why is a Jew the source of all the information here? Why should I trust Montefiore or any other Jew when it comes to Russian history?" Jews like, y'know, Marx? Or, you're a PSL/WWP supporter? Marcy = also a Jew. One of Stalin's closest allies, Kaganovich? Kosher. I have little respect for Montefiore as a historian, but attacking him on grounds of his ethnicity is messed up.
Pioneer
Post 07 Sep 2015, 10:17
Quote:
If you look at the talk page, we have IPs other than the one Akecheta admitted is hers giving exact word-for-word comments she's made in this thread.

What you quoted is my cousin who quoted me.

Quote:
So, she knows how to use a proxy care for it.

I don't really understand what a proxy is, but I don't really care unless I should.

Quote:
I have little respect for Montefiore as a historian, but attacking him on grounds of his ethnicity is messed up.

That was not me. But I must agree with the attacker, it's like trusting the history teachings today by Christians regarding the Native Americans.

By the way, they got back to me with a recording. Audio recording made by Anna Kulikova (woman of IP address 185.93.35.186) and doctor Jaroslav Kovalev. Both admitting that Louisa is the mother: http://www.filedropper.com/2051858

Quote:
I was trying to be diplomatic before, but I'm like 90 percent sure she's making it all up.

Quite frankly I do not care what you think or have to say, nor do I like you personally. Also you should know that Judaism is not a race. It is a set of religious beliefs held by people who refer to themselves as Jews.
Last edited by Akecheta on 07 Sep 2015, 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
Party Member
Post 07 Sep 2015, 10:32
Akecheta wrote:
What you quoted is my cousin who quoted me.

So your cousin, some other random people, and your Russian "source" all showed up in that Wikipedia debate? And do tell, why did you act like you didn't know the aforementioned source? You claimed earlier here you didn't know "your ancestry" until you found it there, yet the edit log clearly shows you using an Ancestry.com screencap before "he" shows up.

Quote:
it's like trusting the history teachings today by Christians regarding the Native Americans.

Yeah, one of the "not-yous" said that word-for-word too, in the talk page:

"I'm the cousin Emily was talking about. Are you going to tell us that you are going to believe some Jew who doesn't know what he's talking about? That's like trusting the teachers of history by Christians on the Native Americans. There's this witness that made sense to all this. She's probably in her 90s. A witness vs a book. Oh no, which one shall we believe. An anti-Stalin book or the witness. Jeez, so difficult. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 193.109.199.23 (talk) 20:30, 6 September 2015 (UTC)"

So, these people all happen to be arguing for the relevance of someone no Stalin historian has ever heard of, all show up on the same Wikipedia page arguing it on the same day when nobody had done this before, and all also have the same writing style and say the same stuff including totally irrelevant rambling about Jews? Or, they're all you? Occam's razor. Look at the evidence, the simplest answer that explains all of it is the one most likely to be right. And the simplest answer explaining all this evidence is that you're full of shit.

Quote:
Quite frankly I do not care what you think or have to say, nor do I like you personally.

Boohoo, I'm so hurt. But you keep saying you "don't care" about all kinds of things. If you really don't care, why feel the need to constantly say it? Or do you think feigning nonchalance will get you somewhere?

Quote:
Also you should know that Judaism is not a race. It is a set of religious beliefs held by people who refer to themselves as Jews.

Awfully defensive, who here was calling you racist? Guilty conscience much?

You also happen to be wrong, Jewish identity is an ethnic group first and foremost; the religion is formed around the ethnic identity. A humongous amount of people with a Jewish ethnic background are atheist, actually disproportionately. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_atheism
Last edited by MissStrangelove on 07 Sep 2015, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
Pioneer
Post 07 Sep 2015, 10:38
Quote:
So your cousin, some other random people, and your Russian "source" all showed up in that Wikipedia debate?

I can't speak for the Russian, but I can speak for my cousin who I asked to take over.

Quote:
Yeah, one of the "not-yous" said that word-for-word too, in the talk page.

That's because me and him know what we are talking about. Clearly you don't.

Quote:
Why did you act like you didn't know the aforementioned source?You claimed earlier here you didn't know "your ancestry" until you found it there, yet the edit log clearly shows you using an Ancestry.com screencap before "he" shows up.

Sorry, let me clarify, I recently discovered my history a month ago, but found the Wikipedia page to be in error.
Last edited by Akecheta on 07 Sep 2015, 10:48, edited 2 times in total.
Party Member
Post 07 Sep 2015, 10:39
Akecheta wrote:
Sorry, let me clarify, I recently discovered my history a month ago, but found the Wikipedia page to be in error.

Based on what then, if not "an IP" that you came into contact with on Wikipedia as you said earlier today in this thread? How did you come about this discovery?
Pioneer
Post 07 Sep 2015, 10:42
Quote:
You also happen to be wrong, Jewish identity is an ethnic group first and foremost; the religion is formed around the ethnic identity. A humongous amount of people with a Jewish ethnic background are atheist, actually disproportionately.

If that was the case, then nobody could ever convert to Judaism, and clearly people do. It's a religion, just like with Islam and Christianity.

Quote:
Based on what then, if not "an IP" that you came into contact with on Wikipedia as you said earlier today in this thread?

I see now why you are getting confused. When I said that I trust my Ancestry, I mean that I trust it because it automatically linked my ancestors, as well with their family when you type in your family. It all started when I typed in my father's information and his parent's information. As well with my mother's information and her parent's information.
Party Member
Post 07 Sep 2015, 10:48
Akecheta wrote:
If that was the case, then nobody could ever convert to Judaism, and clearly people do. It's a religion, just like with Islam and Christianity.

Judaism is a religion. Jewishness is more than Judaism, and about half of all ethnic Jews are atheist rather than adherents of Judaism. Most of those ethnic Jews still identify as Jewish, and a devout religious Jew still recognizes them as Jews so long as they have Jewish ancestry.

I should also add that it's notoriously easy to convert to Christianity (accept Jesus Christ as your savior and/or just add water) and Islam (say a prayer), whereas it takes years of study to convert to Judaism. It's an ethnic faith, and by nature insular, especially the Orthodox varieties which can take decades for a full conversion.

Quote:
I see now why you are getting confused. When I said that I trust my Ancestry, I mean that I trust it because it automatically linked my ancestors, as well with their family when you type in your family. It all started when I typed in my father's information and his parent's information. As well with my mother's information and her parent's information.

Yeah, the problem is not really a good way to go about building a genealogical chart. Ancestry.com contains sources. Usually you get census records, church/marriage records, etc. But you have to see if those match, you can't just trust charts other people have made or whatever random hint it gives. I've had it turn up people with my great-grandfather's name who lived their whole life in Indiana and have a different birthday, and thus obviously aren't the same guy. One poorly-researched addition and you screw up the whole chart after that.

A well-researched chart is time-consuming, but a whole lot more fulfilling in actually knowing (barring inevitable infidelity somewhere along the line) they're your ancestors.
Last edited by MissStrangelove on 07 Sep 2015, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.
Pioneer
Post 07 Sep 2015, 10:55
Quote:
Judaism is a religion. Jewishness is more than Judaism, and about half of all ethnic Jews are atheist. I should also add that it's notoriously easy to convert to Christianity (just add water) and Islam (say a prayer), whereas it takes years of study to convert to Judaism. It's an ethnic faith, and by nature insular, especially the Orthodox varieties which can take decades for a full conversion.

You can put honey on this all you like, it's still a religion and not a race though. Mostly everyone in the scientific community knows this.

Quote:
Ancestry.com contains sources. Usually you get census records, church/marriage records, etc. But you have to see if those match, you can't just trust charts other people have made or whatever random hint it gives.

Yes, I already know this. That's why I'm careful, but I always knew I was related to Joseph Stalin. It's hard for me to explain how. But things often work itself out, and there's a reason behind everything, and now that I found this recording, it's clear proof for everyone.
Last edited by Akecheta on 07 Sep 2015, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
Party Member
Post 07 Sep 2015, 10:57
Akecheta wrote:
Yyou can put honey on this all you like, it's still a religion and not a race though. Mostly everyone in the scientific community knows this.

Who are these "mostly everyone"? It's an ethnic group. All people who identify as Jews identify with Jewish culture, by definition. But only half of them statistically are adherents of any form of Judaism, and Judaism's strictest adherents still recognize secular people of Jewish heritage as Jews.

Unless you're arguing ethnically Jewish atheists are really adherents of Judaism because of their ethnic background or something.

Quote:
Yes, I already know this. That's why I'm careful, but I always knew I was related to Joseph Stalin. It's hard for me to explain how. But things often work itself out, and there's a reason behind everything, and now that I found this recording, it's clear proof for everyone.

Always knew? So which is it? A month ago, or some sort of mystical feeling you've always had? Because I always knew I was a vermicious knid. I don't even know what it is, I just have this feeling I am one.
Last edited by MissStrangelove on 07 Sep 2015, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
Pioneer
Post 07 Sep 2015, 11:00
Quote:
Always knew? So which is it? A month ago, or some sort of mystical feeling you've always had?

When I was 9 I plotted revenge for the inequality I saw, my father beat me and when I turned 10 I stood up to him and he backed off. I guess you can say it's a mystical feeling. I always thought me being into politics, equality, and defending those in need of help was just normal for everyone, until my family called me "pro-Russian". I knew I was Russian on my father's side, but I never understood my ancestors until this year.
Last edited by Akecheta on 07 Sep 2015, 11:05, edited 2 times in total.
Party Member
Post 07 Sep 2015, 11:03
Akecheta wrote:
When I was 9 I plotted revenge for the inequality I saw, my father beat me and when I turned 10 I stood up to him and he backed off. I guess you can say it's a mystical feeling. I always thought me being into politics, equality, and defending those in need of help, was just normal for everyone, until my family called me "pro-Russian".

Speaking as someone else who comes from a terribly abusive home, that's a really hard situation to be in. And I completely sympathize.

But sticking up to an abusive jackass of a father and having a sense of human compassion as a political driver isn't really cause to believe you're related to Stalin. Now, in the meta sense, we're all related to each-other as humans. But family relation, I see no reason to believe that.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.