Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Register ][ Login ]

Spetsialnoye Nazranie

Log-in to remove these advertisements.
Soviet cogitations: 13
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 28 Jan 2006, 18:35
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 28 Jan 2006, 20:09
Hmm that would be interesting. I think that would depend on the situation. I am not too sure who would win in a big mass-brawl. If they fight armed and all that...I guess the defender will win.
Soviet cogitations: 823
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 17 Dec 2004, 18:03
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Komsomol
Post 29 Jan 2006, 05:12
The defender rarely wins. Its the one who takes the initiative and the offense as Sun Tzu said.

Sig Created by Comrade Babeuf
Post 29 Jan 2006, 14:28
Wise words! That is often true for the strategic enviroment, well often but as we can see (WWI, WWII, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Nicaragua...) not always. In the tactical enviroment (in wich this unlikely battle will take place I guess) the defender has a big advantage. Or so I guess after all it is all hypothetical.
Soviet cogitations: 344
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 15 May 2005, 17:11
Komsomol
Post 29 Jan 2006, 14:34
It has to do with the situation, you can't really say the attacker will always win, defending your own country for example always puts you in a better situation than the attacker, which has to deal with a new environment and all what comes with it. If someone is really prepared taking the initiative doesn't have to mean you're gonna win.
Post 29 Jan 2006, 15:28
Yay!

SpetsNaz: Font colour is BLACK

This is the second time I had to edit one of your posts! Make it be the last one. Thanks.
Komsomol
Post 29 Jan 2006, 19:28
The Spetsnaz kick ass, they're probably the best soldiers in the world
Soviet cogitations: 10679
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Dec 2004, 23:53
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Philosophized
Post 29 Jan 2006, 19:33
Germany had the best army in 1939. It did not guarantee them victory.

"By what standard of morality can the violence used by a slave to break his chains be considered the same as the violence of a slave master?" - Walter Rodney
Komsomol
Post 29 Jan 2006, 19:36
i didn't say anything about victory in war, just the fact these guys are real pro's and they're just fragging good in what they do
Soviet cogitations: 60
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Jan 2006, 20:36
Pioneer
Post 30 Jan 2006, 17:57
Every better armed forces of the world's legal states has it's "elite of the elite" forces, which are used for special purposes. If such group has members with serious war experience, it makes it even stronger. SEALs and SpetsNaz have it all, but you can never answer such question as "who would win". That depends on many circumstances, some of them very hard to predict.

Main guideline on which SpetsNaz were organized and trained for was insurgence behind enemy lines, especially in global NATO - Warszaw Pact conventional warfare. Their main targets were elimination of command posts, communications and tactical nuclear weapons. That was before.

I don't know how and how much were they used in Chechniya, but I can imagine they have done some "dirty work" behind the lines. I presume they killed Mashadov?
Za Domovinu s Titom, napred!
Soviet cogitations: 793
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Nov 2005, 08:18
Komsomol
Post 30 Jan 2006, 22:32
Spetznaz are now used for:

Hostage situations
Eliminating entrenched terrorists/militants
Assasinations
Hunting terrorists down behind enemy lines/borders
Difficult combat situations

Mind you, there are many different types of spetznaz. The 'alpha' is the one that usually goes behind enemy lines, assasinates, hostage situations (not often). Then there are others which I don't know much about.

"Art belongs to the people!" - V.I. Lenin
« Previous Page « POST REPLY
Log-in to submit your comments and remove Infolinks advertisements.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Historical Forums: The History Forum. Political Forums: The Politics Forum, The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Siberian Fox network. Privacy.