Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Cheburashka (animation)

Soviet cogitations: 216
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Jul 2013, 05:04
Ideology: Other Leftist
Pioneer
Post 21 Oct 2013, 20:42
What do you guys think of Cheburashka, the Soviet children's book and animation character? I have watched some of the animated films on YouTube and they were pretty funny. I thought they were also very well-animated. Stop-motion animation is very demanding and expensive and I was impressed by the quality of the animation in these films, especially Gena the Crocodile.

Also, I noticed there were some satirical jokes about life in the USSR. I remember in one film a polluting factory is managed by a fellow with really long legs. When Cheburashka and Gena complain about the pollution, he merely redirects the pipeline that is spewing the muck! I was surprised by this self-critical attitude in a children's animation, of all places. Of course, there were also positive messages about helping people and the Pioneers were shown in a very positive light as well.
Soviet cogitations: 992
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Aug 2011, 22:59
Komsomol
Post 02 Nov 2013, 21:29
Very well written!
Soviet cogitations: 6
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 01 Apr 2015, 03:55
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 05 Apr 2015, 03:44
They made some new ones. Not like the old ones but I enjoyed them. I believe they where made in Japan, the Japanese seem to have fallen in love with Cheburashka.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.