Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

How do we get Western youth to embrace communism?

Soviet cogitations: 3
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Apr 2017, 10:49
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 08 May 2017, 12:29
How can we radicalize youth in the United States to embrace communism? I think definitely education about the evils of capitalism and the benefits of communism may help. But, how can we organize youth more? Opinions?
Guevara, J.P.
M.A. candidate. New Testament
Graduate Theological Union
Berkeley, CA
Soviet cogitations: 14444
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Sep 2006, 22:05
Philosophized
Post 09 May 2017, 02:50
They're doing it already tho
Soviet cogitations: 10
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 May 2017, 09:40
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 10 May 2017, 04:22
We need to debunk bourgeois propaganda and show that we differ from the psuedo-left liberals.
Soviet cogitations: 52
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Apr 2017, 04:47
Pioneer
Post 16 May 2017, 00:27
comradeguevara wrote:
How can we radicalize youth in the United States to embrace communism? I think definitely education about the evils of capitalism and the benefits of communism may help. But, how can we organize youth more? Opinions?

I'm not in a position to organize, but I do have opportunities to communicate. Whether communication occurs depends on what we're communicating:

* Attitudes -- happiness, defiance, optimism, openness, self-examination, a willingness to learn from mistakes -- are infectious and are shared automatically
* Rigid doctrines, abstruse theories, and tired predictable narratives are demoralizing and are difficult to communicate

Marx claimed to be a philosophical materialist. This was well and good at a time when it was necessary to distinguish oneself from obscurantists. But today it is a materialistic Establishment that is crushing the human spirit and treating the human race as disposable. Today, we need to affirm the value of human life and the dignity of human labor, and, whatever Marx may say, value and dignity are elements of philosophical idealism. One can argue, moreover, that Marx and Lenin were both closet idealists -- Marx because he upheld the dignity of labor and Lenin because he promoted holistic thinking under the guise of the "dialectic".

Forgive me if I have gotten the details wrong. The point is that struggle today requires the outlook of philosophical idealism. Materialism is a wet blanket. We need fire in the heart, outrage, enthusiasm, joy, glory!

Up until a few months ago, I saw "communism" as irrelevant to the main struggle, the struggle against war and empire. Now, in my forum work, I have begun to promote "communism". The reason for this change is explained in the "Welcome to Communism" essay at the forum cited in my profile.

☭ The NATO-bloc's $1T/year war racket sells death & destruction, obscenely repackaged as "Freedom & Democracy".

☭ Bright ideals are used to hide hideous crimes.

☭ Real freedom is something to live for, not something to kill for.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.