Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Balkan Wars 1990's

[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 3553
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 17 Jul 2006, 00:10
Ideology: Other Leftist
Forum Commissar
Post 04 Sep 2006, 22:04
thank you for compliment comrade chaz, i really aprititate it. remember when you've asked me about possible refoundation of yugoslavia? well, as you can see our relations are a bit complicated and i still insist that it would take about 100 years to fix it all.
Quote:
Yea, and people who use expressions like lol or plz on forum like S-E.com, in where you usually try to write as good english as you can, are not really that old, so its useless to try to imply anything about comrade Moriss age.

i use lol out of habit, but i never ever use words like plz, u, r, etc. if you are proing me about my age, i've posted it in one topic. i'm 2 years older than you. i cant help but feel insulted to hear that from you.

Quote:
What is the difference between Slovenia and small car?
Car has wheels

oh, it wont be so small for long
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/h ... srbija.gif

Quote:
Something like that.. It seems that you keep forgeting who attackers were..

who? those few serbian soldiers who started crying for invading a brother nation? or those croatians who alowed them to use their roads and barracks to invade? at least serbs never stole anything from us.
Quote:
And your heroes are i presume Mladic, Karađić Å eÅ¡elj and Milosevic which all together killed more than 100,000 people in Bosnia and Croatia?

i've said it before and i will again. when its serbs its genocide, when its you it was all war. and if you're so desperate to know about my sympathies, i respect arkan and no one else, perhaps slobo a bit.
Quote:
NDH was a fascist state governed by Hitler and Mussolini which partisans crushed. Tito rulz

dont forget to mention how croatian communist party made tito cave in their demands and forced us to hand over istra. 3000 slovenians from reka were sent to goli otok on their demand! and now you want more.

long live jelinčič and tito!

Jugoslavija je bleda slika
premrzlega partizana
zato je njeno ljudstvo navajeno trpeti
zato je njeno ljudstvo pripravljeno umreti.

-Via Ofenziva

Forum Rules
Soviet cogitations: 10461
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Aug 2006, 17:42
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
R.I.P.
Post 04 Sep 2006, 22:13
moris, I can see what you were talking about.....

inflexibilities, and intolerance...
Soviet cogitations: 2272
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 12 May 2005, 13:28
Party Bureaucrat
Post 04 Sep 2006, 22:14
Quote:
i use lol out of habit, but i never ever use words like plz, u, r, etc. if you are proing me about my age, i've posted it in one topic. i'm 2 years older than you. i cant help but feel insulted to hear that from you.

I was really talking about Istrebitel, he has been using it more than you, I didn't even notice that you used it, so sorry if I offended you.
-With solidarity, FC

R.I.P.
Post 04 Sep 2006, 22:16
Quote:
I was really talking about Istrebitel, he has been using it more than you, I didn't even notice that you used it, so sorry if I offended you.

and my follow up as well was not directed at you moris....
[+-]
Forum Commissar
Post 04 Sep 2006, 22:17
aye. i think that those 100 years to recover i gave were preatty optimisitc. all of this is going on for thousands of years to tell the truth. balkans are very complicated thing to someone who doesnt lives here, even if you'd understand its entire history you wouldnt be able to comprehend it. it is not called a barrle of gunpowder for nothing.

premrzlega partizana

-Via Ofenziva

Forum Rules
R.I.P.
Post 04 Sep 2006, 22:19
well, there have been battles in europe and africa and asia since the dawn of history. 100 years may be optimistic as one looks at it.
[+-]
Forum Commissar
Post 04 Sep 2006, 22:20
Quote:

ah, in that case i senserly apologise for saying what i did. i hope you will accept my apology.

Quote:
and my follow up as well was not directed at you moris....

dont worry, i didnt take it like that, even if it was

premrzlega partizana

-Via Ofenziva

Forum Rules
R.I.P.
Post 04 Sep 2006, 22:22
i feel a group hug coming..... ugh....

let's all move on....
[+-]
Forum Commissar
Post 04 Sep 2006, 22:31
haha, alright, group hug and then we go back on the old road

now, where were we?

premrzlega partizana

-Via Ofenziva

Forum Rules
R.I.P.
Post 04 Sep 2006, 22:41
moris, the belgian comrades here have spoken of a Vlaams Belang party (flemish interest) in Flanders. they are a separatist party that is French intorlerant.

If you are familiar with this situation, whould you draw any small similarities to what dispanded Yugoslavia?
[+-]
Forum Commissar
Post 04 Sep 2006, 22:47
aye, there are quite a lot of those parties i'd say. we have a seperatist parties in bosnia, bouth croatian and serbian, then there are albanian terrorist groups like KLA on kosovo and a similar in macedonia which was responsible for a short and bloody conflict a few years ago (i wasnt much in politics back then, but i remember the city of tetovo. this conflict is completly forgoten now) and the most reacent one in montenegro, but this one was very peacefull and relativley tolerant.

premrzlega partizana

-Via Ofenziva

Forum Rules
R.I.P.
Post 04 Sep 2006, 23:01
Quote:
and the most reacent one in montenegro, but this one was very peacefull and relativley tolerant

I wondered how that effected the World Cup team....when they played under serbia and montenegro after the cup series started, the nation separated.... Curious as to how that effected the minds and the moral of the footballers....
[+-]
Forum Commissar
Post 04 Sep 2006, 23:06
there was only one montenegrin in the team, so i recon it didnt effect them so very much. from what i've heard situation is serbia and now montenegro is the same as it was before the secession. the only noticable change was that serbs were not allowed to vote for montenegrin parlament, but they werent allowed to do that before the secession in any case.

premrzlega partizana

-Via Ofenziva

Forum Rules
R.I.P.
Post 04 Sep 2006, 23:10
it's a bloodless way to purge the serbs......

I just don't like to see intolerance... it's not a positive thing when people would feel better working alone rather than a team....
Soviet cogitations: 775
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Feb 2004, 19:28
Komsomol
Post 04 Sep 2006, 23:43
Quote:
balkans are very complicated thing to someone who doesnt lives here, even if you'd understand its entire history you wouldnt be able to comprehend it. it is not called a barrle of gunpowder for nothing.

Well you said something right..

Victory to communism!!!
Soviet cogitations: 1
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Sep 2006, 18:16
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 24 Sep 2006, 18:51
i ve read most of disscusion and i think everyone can see that true problem of yugoslavia was nationalism that broke loose when tito died

in almost every republic of yugoslavia (there vere six of them) a wanna-be tito came to power - with an intention to be a greater leader than tito - most of them saw an opportunity to achieve that by forming an independent state where they could act as the fathers of that specific nation (very sad but true story)

of course they had to give some reason for independance - eg. in croatia - they started accusing serbs of everything that was wrong in yugoslavia; in serbia they tried to spread their influence on almost every yugoslav republic claiming that it is a part of serbia (and basically using the serbian minority in that country) etc etc

i myself was born and raised in yugoslavia - my father is a croat and my mother is serbian - and only when the war broke out, i found out of which nationality i was - we never spoke of it before - because it just wasnt important, or at least tito tried to make it unimportant (for me it still isnt important)

sadly i think thats the biggest mistake of SFR Yugoslavia - it just did not find the way to bring the nations together (after tito died that is)

i also believe that all ex yugoslav states will sooner or later be a part of the EU - where they will start to work as close as never before -> because the situation will show that they can only relie on each other for help and lobbying within the EU

in the end, i believe that yugoslavia would never fall appart if there werent severe economic problems in the 80s - poor living standard opened up a space for politicians of destructive ideas that led to the bloodshed in the beginig of the 90s

with a hope of a brighter future for all of the yugoslav nations i salute you

peace comrades
R.I.P.
Post 24 Sep 2006, 19:37
Quote:
ve read most of disscusion and i think everyone can see that true problem of yugoslavia was nationalism that broke loose when tito died

This is one of many problems with nationalism. there are usually strong leaders and the movement dies with them.

by the way, welcome to S-E.com
Soviet cogitations: 60
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Jan 2006, 20:36
Pioneer
Post 12 Nov 2006, 22:14
Its irrelevant now who is guilty and how much. Fact is that the Serbs are biggest loosers of all Yugoslav nations. Why? Because during that period in history when Yugoslavia existed, Serbia and serbian minority in other republics prospered the most. They enjoyed strongest political and military power bcause most of the strongest positions were held by ethnic Serbs. Republic of Serbia and areas where Serbs were in majority in other republics consumed most of the all-Yugoslav budget, but their per capita was one of the lowest. So that money was coming from more developed Slovenia (industry) and Croatia (tourism).

When global situation became favourable for national movements in Slovenia and Croatia to grow strong and show their separatist intentions, Serbian politicians were reasonably affraid of loosing their "golden cows". They fired their nationalism wich was supported by, mainly serbian, Federal Army.

First step was using the Federal Army to stop Slovenia from separating, in the name of Yugoslavia. When this failed, and Federal Army ceased to be "federal" but all-serbian, they turned to "protection" of Serbs living in Croatia. This involved most of the air,land and sea forces once mighty Yugoslav Federal Army had, but now with 100% serbian staff. They were opposed by newly born Croatian Army (called National Guard in the begining), wich was badly organised and poorly trained, with very few tanks and artillery pieces, with no airforce at all. Officers were mostly croatians which served in Yugoslav Federal Army, and which now have been defected. In this enviroment it was not difficult to provoke trigger-happy Serbs to start an all-out attack on Croatia.
Za Domovinu s Titom, napred!
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.