Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

On NK and other stuff

LOCKED
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 237
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 16 Jul 2014, 21:53
Ideology: Other Leftist
Pioneer
Post 25 Jul 2014, 02:36
Quote:
@Aldo:
Based on your theories about freedom, you definitely support

this (Prague "spontaneous" "revolution"
)
Image



Do you?


Care to produce better responses than strawman phallacies ?

1 - He is favorable to democracy.
2 - Democracy means to allow everyone to do whatever it wants
3 - So this means that he allows nazifascists to ressurge.

Nope, i am favorable to democracy, under socialist terms.

IE.: Democracy can only be attained in and by the soviet, with non-alienated work and with knowledge.

This is quite different from the burgeoise theory of liberty and democracy that you imply in your posts as if i was defending that.

Worse still is that nazifascists are a minory. So, you show me a nazifacist rally (from what i understand) and tell "See, lets they do what they want".

They cant, because they arent the majority. And they must not be the majority. Not even Hitler managed to get the majority of votes in Germany. He done a reichtag fire and a coup d'Etat aftewards.
[+-]
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 1276
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Sep 2011, 13:51
Party Member
Post 25 Jul 2014, 03:56
MissStrangelove wrote:
Oh, it goes way deeper than that. Che is referenced (favorably) every 5 seconds in Peace Walker, and Big Boss is fighting alongside Sandinistas (Chico) in Ground Zeroes.

Yeah, Ground Zeroes is just a preview of MGS5 basically, but I love it all the same. I actually haven't played Revengeance, but have heard tons of good things about it. The move away from stealth seems like it's split some fans, but most people seem to like the story which is what most people play Metal Gear for anyway.


Oh I had no idea Che was referenced that deeply. I remember not playing peace Walker in particular out of all reasons just because I didn't like the front cover. I was thinking about playing the entire franchise from beginning to end. I don't know maybe I'll do it if I find the time. The Lore is one of the best in gaming history regardless.

As for revengeance, I don't personally know anyone who played it and loved it as much as I did. They complain that not only is it a shift from tactical espionage, but for some reason can't stand Raiden's feminine outward appearance. I like the look. I think it's sexy and makes him look even more frightening. I was introduced to the franchise through Raiden in Sons of liberty so I always like him. I also have a personal affinity for swords which is the main reason I love the game so much.

I even own a katana that I had to leave back home in Kiev but I never learnt how to use it.

They're actually quite heavy in real life and require an enormous amount of strength to swing effectively, strength that I must admit to great shame do not possess.
Image


My laws shall act more pleasure than command,
And with my prick I'll govern all the land.
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 1078
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Sep 2013, 03:08
Ideology: Trotskyism
Party Member
Post 25 Jul 2014, 14:49
Yeqon wrote:
Oh I had no idea Che was referenced that deeply. I remember not playing peace Walker in particular out of all reasons just because I didn't like the front cover.

For shame.
The front cover is awesome, and yeah, Big Boss is explicitly compared to Che often. http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Che_Guevara

Quote:
I was thinking about playing the entire franchise from beginning to end. I don't know maybe I'll do it if I find the time.

I tried that recently actually, but since I haven't played an NES game in so long, the original Metal Gear honestly just confused me. Its story is supposed to be among the best for the system, but I couldn't get through it. I imagine it'll be remade in 3D at some point though, Hideo Kojima has hinted at that along with a game set in WWII starring The Boss.

Quote:
The Lore is one of the best in gaming history regardless.

Definitely. I can't think of many games that can compete story-wise (just a few RPGs), and really not a single series of more than 2 games.

Quote:
As for revengeance, I don't personally know anyone who played it and loved it as much as I did. They complain that not only is it a shift from tactical espionage, but for some reason can't stand Raiden's feminine outward appearance.

Playing an anime character interferes with their precious masculinity, it's completely predictable.
I've never had any problem with it, and his voice acting has improved since MGS2.

Quote:
I even own a katana that I had to leave back home in Kiev but I never learnt how to use it.

They're actually quite heavy in real life and require an enormous amount of strength to swing effectively, strength that I must admit to great shame do not possess.

I haven't held one, so I wouldn't know, but I've heard the same from everywhere.
Back in my aikido days I got to swing a smaller sword (a wakizashi) that looked like a katana around though, after a long time practicing with a bokken.
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 5137
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Nov 2007, 06:31
Embalmed
Post 25 Jul 2014, 14:53
AldoBrasil wrote:
TL;DR:

A vanguard party creates in itself the conditions for a thermidorianian reaction and the institution of a bonapartist government.


Stalinist thermidor reaction clearly came because of the defeat of the international revolution and soviet isolation, not the party. Stalinism is first and foremost a result of (or is) the demoralization of the revolution. Neither is there really an alternative to the vanguard party, especially in Russia when most 'reds' were mensheviks and peasant socialists. Do you condemn the dissolution of the CA?
Image
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 237
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 16 Jul 2014, 21:53
Ideology: Other Leftist
Pioneer
Post 25 Jul 2014, 15:28
Sorry, english is not my native language, what the CA acronym means ?
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 5137
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Nov 2007, 06:31
Embalmed
Post 25 Jul 2014, 16:39
Constituent Assembly. Sorry, I did it without thinking.
Image
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 237
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 16 Jul 2014, 21:53
Ideology: Other Leftist
Pioneer
Post 25 Jul 2014, 16:48
Nope, its a menchevique structure, another kind of top-to-bottom politics.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/draper ... ation.html

I believe most marxists, indoctrinated by leninism, are still to surpass this.
[+-]
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 1276
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Sep 2011, 13:51
Party Member
Post 25 Jul 2014, 17:10
MissStrangelove wrote:
For shame.
The front cover is awesome, and yeah, Big Boss is explicitly compared to Che often. http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Che_Guevara


I can see that Big Boss is your favourite male character in the series. I just realised what a shame it was for the creators never to have included a female playable character in the series. And yeah I totally missed the Che Guevara part, I guess I don't know that much about the Lore as I originally thought I did.

Quote:
Definitely. I can't think of many games that can compete story-wise (just a few RPGs), and really not a single series of more than 2 games.


I was never much of a gamer, but every once in a while some games with an extraordinary story capture my imagination that I just can't resist. I don't think I've ever played a game if I weren't in love with the story. The first ones that come to mind are the metal gear, fallout, starCraft, and to a lesser extent Warcraft franchises, although StarCraft is the only one I love enough to actually read some of its novels, like NOVA and Uprising.

Recently though, I've grown fond of simplified 2-D scrolling games with great stories like Mark of the Ninja, and Braid. Braid has an exceptionally surrealistic story that explores physical and human concepts like time, past mistakes and regret.


Quote:
I haven't held one, so I wouldn't know, but I've heard the same from everywhere.
Back in my aikido days I got to swing a smaller sword (a wakizashi) that looked like a katana around though, after a long time practicing with a bokken.


Did you really do all that? Did you really practice with a bokken?
Image


My laws shall act more pleasure than command,
And with my prick I'll govern all the land.
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 237
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 16 Jul 2014, 21:53
Ideology: Other Leftist
Pioneer
Post 25 Jul 2014, 17:14
Now they suddenly stoped talking about marxism and are playing games...
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 5137
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Nov 2007, 06:31
Embalmed
Post 25 Jul 2014, 17:20
AldoBrasil wrote:
Nope, its a menchevique structure, another kind of top-to-bottom politics.


How? Weren't you championing the soviets Lenin repressed just a page ago?

What is even Menshevik about it? They were clearly more mass-party oriented than the Bolsheviks.

Quote:
I believe most marxists, indoctrinated by leninism, are still to surpass this.


You realize left communists are vanguardists, right?
Image
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 237
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 16 Jul 2014, 21:53
Ideology: Other Leftist
Pioneer
Post 25 Jul 2014, 17:22
Depends on wich left comunists you are talking about...

You can have a "vanguard" (actually you cannot chose to have one, there will allways be a more advanced part of the proletariat). But what those vanguard does with this "status", its what changes everything.

The constituent assembly was a burgeoise structure, a representative democracy that could defy the soviet rule.

Nope. I prefer the soviets.
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 5137
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Nov 2007, 06:31
Embalmed
Post 25 Jul 2014, 17:31
They all advance the most revolutionary platform, compared to other socialists and the liberals (in the context of autocratic Russia). That's exactly what the Bolsheviks did.
Image
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 237
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 16 Jul 2014, 21:53
Ideology: Other Leftist
Pioneer
Post 25 Jul 2014, 17:34
Nope.

The bolcheviques see the struggles and pety disputes inside the soviet and say :

Hey, we need a leader to impose the right answer upon us.

We see the soviet and the peoples pety disputes and say :

This soviet is not organized yet.
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 5137
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Nov 2007, 06:31
Embalmed
Post 25 Jul 2014, 17:47
You're projecting your liberal views all over this. Do you even have any historical circumstances to cite or elaborate with? As far as I can tell, the Bolsheviks simply took the most left-wing of the socialists in Russia and the Soviets, purged the rest (which were mostly based in the peasantry and the petit-bourgeoisie), and moved forwards.
Image
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 237
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 16 Jul 2014, 21:53
Ideology: Other Leftist
Pioneer
Post 25 Jul 2014, 17:49
I am discussing specific events and you make a sweeping statement like this...
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 5137
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Nov 2007, 06:31
Embalmed
Post 25 Jul 2014, 17:51
Quote:
The bolcheviques see the struggles and pety disputes inside the soviet and say :

Hey, we need a leader to impose the right answer upon us.

We see the soviet and the peoples pety disputes and say :

This soviet is not organized yet.


That isn't a specific event. It sounds like something you made up in your head, like the Bolsheviks called for an emergency dictatorship or something
Image
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 237
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 16 Jul 2014, 21:53
Ideology: Other Leftist
Pioneer
Post 25 Jul 2014, 17:52
I am simplifying, because i am not very inspired right now. You can always overcome your fear of long texts and instead of asking for tl;dr read the whole content of the thread again...
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 5137
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Nov 2007, 06:31
Embalmed
Post 25 Jul 2014, 18:00
No offense, but you need to simplify. I don't have fears of long texts, I am just similarly uninspired with your rambling, disorganized walls of text and belabored points. I tried to read the thread, it was a little insufferable.


You can at least do paragraphs. There's just no flow to your posts, I hate reading them.

AldoBrasil wrote:

1 - Is marxism science ?
2 - Can science be teached ? (IE.: Can it be communicated ?)
3 - If it can be teached, can it be teached to the point where the teacher knows nothing more than the student ? (IE.: Can it be communicated in totality ?)
4 - If science can be teached to the point of being perfectly comprehended by others, can it happen that a group of persons share the same ideas (by being teached about the same science) ?
5 - If a group of people (potentially infinite - if there where infinite people willing to learn the science) learns and share the same concepts, can they be interchangeable ?
6 - If they are interchangeable, would it be more legit - as to avoid a personal ditactorship - to divide time in power between all those that are capable of governing ?
7 - If we can divide time in power between people, do we need to share it via death and sucession as a kind of royalty ?
8 - if we dont need a royal sucession system were power passes from father to son, can we choose people in the party (assuming that the party is more than willing to learn about marxism) to head the country ?
9 - If we can choose from inside the ranks of the party, can they be elected (by the party or by the people) ?
10 - If someone heads the power from the momment it reaches power to his death, and his son assumes afterwards, can we detect that this sucession system was choosen to avoid power struggles across the party ?
11 - If there are indeed power struggles across the party, can we assume that this is because the party is not interested in marxism, or that the party is not at all versed in marxism ?
12 - If the party is not interested in marxism, can be that they are facading being marxist, while all they want is power itself ?
13 - Can it happen that not all of the people in the party are power hungry but that power has corrupted the leadership of the party to the point where the risk of power going into the hands of someone wrong becomes so great that it must be the son to assume the power ?
14 - If the last question is true, how can we prevent the son being power hungry itself ?
15 - If the 13º question is not true, can it be that the party is not well versed in marxism enough that they would not be able to govern the country and the father decided to invest all his time teaching marxism to the son ?
16 - If the last question is true, do you really need a full life to teach marxism ? Is it that hard ? Maybe, its not science ?



I would never curse anyone with having to read that.
Image
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 237
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 16 Jul 2014, 21:53
Ideology: Other Leftist
Pioneer
Post 25 Jul 2014, 18:08
Well, so i am sorry. But thats what i can do.
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 5137
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Nov 2007, 06:31
Embalmed
Post 25 Jul 2014, 18:11
You can always reiterate in a new thread, because the discussion has moved on from NK.

Also, why did you ignore this?

Quote:
Stalinist thermidor reaction clearly came because of the defeat of the international revolution and soviet isolation, not the party. Stalinism is first and foremost a result of (or is) the demoralization of the revolution. Neither is there really an alternative to the vanguard party, especially in Russia when most 'reds' were mensheviks and peasant socialists.
Image
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.