Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

"1989 Festival of Workers and Youth proves NK's awesomeness"

Soviet cogitations: 304
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 05 Feb 2014, 00:36
Komsomol
Post 10 Mar 2014, 22:03
Dagoth Ur wrote:
Sounds like cultural insensitivity to me on your end.
It's funny how anti-DPRK "Marxists" either go with being willfully chauvinistic re: Korea, or claim defense of Korea is support of Juche, or even better being an organ of imperialist propaganda among leftists.

I guess it's not imperialism when you don't like a certain country.

Not really. Look, I got my jimmies rustled which is something I said one ought not to do, so I'm coming across to harsh.

But at the same time: I have no sympathy for the bureaucratic regime that is in place. It is a cancerous parasite on the society there. I have a filter and can discern most BS from others, but to assume everything is "bourgeois lies" reminds me of the 1930's mentality where everything is just peachy and nice. Sure, you're a Stalinist and may believe it was, but I do not subscribe to that and will not appreciate being called an "imperialist" because I disagree.
Soviet cogitations: 2293
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Aug 2010, 14:21
Party Bureaucrat
Post 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
Yes this is stupid imperialist propaganda as usual. I remember that they said about Saddam that he was watching torture videos while wearing a cowboy hat.

In 2012 the Palais de l'Elysée spent 4.4 million euros for repas, but we are still waiting for CNN to depict Hollande as a murderous leech that should be overthrew.

And Dagoth Ur isn't a stalinist. I'm the only true stalinist there, the other stalinists are revisionists, they don't deserve to be called stalinists.

"Fishing is part of agriculture" Gred
"Loz, you are like me" Yami
"I am one of the better read Marxists on this site" Gred
Soviet cogitations: 304
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 05 Feb 2014, 00:36
Komsomol
Post 10 Mar 2014, 23:05
OP-Bagration wrote:
Yes this is stupid imperialist propaganda as usual. I remember that they said about Saddam that he was watching torture videos while wearing a cowboy hat.

In 2012 the Palais de l'Elysée spent 4.4 million euros for repas, but we are still waiting for CNN to depict Hollande as a murderous leech that should be overthrew.

And Dagoth Ur isn't a stalinist. I'm the only true stalinist there, the other stalinists are revisionists, they don't deserve to be called stalinists.

4.4 million euros in comparison the the French GDP 2.63 trillion USD is paltry.

700k on the DPRK's GDP of 50 (highball) billion is ridiculous. More ridiculous is 70 million on the tomb of Kim Il-Sung in the middle of a famine with a substantially lower GDP.

And then rather than answer the problem you say it's "evil propaganda." Do you legitimately believe that at night, the boards of Washington, London, CNN, Fox, and the BBC sit down and say "Yes, my pigdog friends, how may we misinform the workers today? Ahahaa I am so happy we are evil!" perhaps with a flourish of their waxed moustaches.
Soviet cogitations: 10005
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Jul 2008, 20:01
Ideology: Trotskyism
Philosophized
Post 10 Mar 2014, 23:29
Dagoth Ur wrote:
Sounds like cultural insensitivity to me on your end.
It's funny how anti-DPRK "Marxists" either go with being willfully chauvinistic re: Korea, or claim defense of Korea is support of Juche, or even better being an organ of imperialist propaganda among leftists.

I guess it's not imperialism when you don't like a certain country.

Cultural insensitivity is a shit argument. Newsflash: Some cultures suck. The political culture of the DPRK needs to be destroyed.

Quote:
Moreover the arguments are once again stupid, but this website is dedicated to anti-Pyongyang propaganda.

If you actually read a few of their articles, you'll notice very quickly that they are extremely high quality, internally consistent, and explain much more than any other source does.

On the other side, you have this:

KCNA wrote:
Clear is a motive for the campaign of fabricating false stories and publicizing them.

This, indicative of the fear of the mounting international prestige and might of Songun, is just last-ditch efforts of human scum keen on prolonging their remaining days through confrontation with fellow countrymen.

No matter how desperately the group of rats may do mischief, being unaware of how the world goes about, it can never stem the great advance of the DPRK nor can it cover up the shining truth in it.

It is quite natural for No-Cut News and New Focus which act as first-line shock brigade of the puppet regime to be snubbed and jeered by the world media for their sordid act.

Pitiful and wretched are Lee who stakes his fate on those mental patients and rat-like imbeciles who are just parasites on the stinky living dead Lee.

To any rational person there shouldn't even be a question on which side to trust here (and also, which side is desperate here).
"Don't know why i'm still surprised with this shit anyway." - Loz
Soviet cogitations: 1128
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 30 Aug 2008, 18:12
Party Member
Post 10 Mar 2014, 23:58
The pro DPRK lot here seem to think that propaganda can only come from the imperialists and not from the DPRK. Do you think the DPRK does not produce propaganda? Do you think their news doesn't have an agenda? When their articles praise the Kims to the extent they do it's pretty obvious what their agenda is.
Party Bureaucrat
Post 11 Mar 2014, 00:15
Why do you want me to trust washington-based propaganda? Their propaganda might be more subtle, but it's still propaganda. We know from wikileaks that even US intelligence doesn't have a clue about what's happening in North Korea. Speaking of sources, well, there is none. And when I read this story about Kim Jong Un seeing smoke coming out from a basement, this makes me laugh.

Please Gred, we don't need such useless statements.

Soviet cogitations: 14444
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Sep 2006, 22:05
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Philosophized
Post 11 Mar 2014, 00:19
Yeah that's what resisting imperialist propaganda is about: only imperialists use propaganda.

@mabool: ... yeah I'm not talking about political culture. I'm talking about Korean culture which is full of dear leader type appellations. While I assume you have enough integrity to only want a proletarian change in the DPRK, you can't possibly believe change will happen there except by imperialist hands any time soon.
Party Bureaucrat
Post 11 Mar 2014, 00:34
It's funny that Gred speaks about an agenda. KCNA has almost no "agenda" because it has almost no power and isn't convincing, except to announce missile tests. An agenda is an action plan. If you mean that KCNA is politically oriented and supportive of North Korea, well, they are not really trying to hide that. But western propaganda, on the contrary, usually tries to hide its agenda behind false "objectivity", and it seems that you like that. In a way, KCNA is more honest.

Philosophized
Post 11 Mar 2014, 00:36
That's certainly true. All western media acts as though it cares about Koreans when really they just care about the 2/3rds of the planet's rare earths under their feet and getting those in western hands where they belong.
Soviet cogitations: 1128
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 30 Aug 2008, 18:12
Party Member
Post 11 Mar 2014, 19:32
Quote:
That's certainly true. All western media acts as though it cares about Koreans when really they just care about the 2/3rds of the planet's rare earths under their feet and getting those in western hands where they belong.

This is true. But it is also true that KCNA is biased because it is owned by the state which is run by the Kims! Or are you saying it is just coincidence that this news outlet fills its daily entries with boring references to Kim Jong Un and his various inspections of army units etc.?

Quote:
It's funny that Gred speaks about an agenda. KCNA has almost no "agenda" because it has almost no power and isn't convincing, except to announce missile tests. An agenda is an action plan. If you mean that KCNA is politically oriented and supportive of North Korea, well, they are not really trying to hide that. But western propaganda, on the contrary, usually tries to hide its agenda behind false "objectivity", and it seems that you like that. In a way, KCNA is more honest.

Yes the Western media try and hide their agenda, but this doesn't mean KCNA doesn't have an agenda. Or do you take such gems as this as gospel truth?
Philosophized
Post 12 Mar 2014, 00:09
Well OP-B's point was that because KCNA reports are open about their agenda they are more truthful.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.