Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

North Koreans in Japan remain loyal to Pyongyang

POST REPLY
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 2510
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 28 Feb 2004, 20:50
Party Bureaucrat
Post 31 Oct 2010, 11:19
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-11534233

Pretty interesting to see how Japanese xenophobia enhances North Korean prestige.
Image

Ya Basta!
Soviet cogitations: 7674
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Nov 2004, 02:08
Embalmed
Post 01 Nov 2010, 02:01
Quote:
Pretty interesting to see how Japanese xenophobia enhances North Korean prestige.

I fail to see how it enhances prestige short of making a minority more pigeon-holed and secluded from an already racist nation like Japan.

I can see why Koreans would want to pass down their traditions and language to their children, but to impose the idea that you are different because we are different does not seem fair to the next generations. This reminds me of religious commune groups that are branches of Mormon or Luther that naturally force themselves into seclusion and get a bad rap because of it. Your passport is your nationality which can change if you want to leave your nation to another.

The schooling seems like it resembles the Sharia schools muslims put up.
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 4764
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 20 Jul 2007, 06:59
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Forum Commissar
Post 02 Nov 2010, 01:17
It's Japan that's secluding them by not giving them nationality as well as not considering them as part of their country.

I've lived in Japan and I can say it's one of the most racist places I've been. There's a crust of civility, but a lot of people let it be known that you're not welcome.
Image

"You say you have no enemies? How is this so? Have you never spoken the truth, never loved justice?" - Santiago Ramón y Cajal
Forum Rules
Soviet cogitations: 200
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Sep 2010, 04:15
Pioneer
Post 02 Nov 2010, 02:51
Does South Korea provide any aid or programs for ethnic Koreans in Japan?
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 4953
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Feb 2008, 15:25
Ideology: Other Leftist
Politburo
Post 02 Nov 2010, 03:20
Quote:
It's Japan that's secluding them by not giving them nationality as well as not considering them as part of their country.


Agreed.

Quote:
I've lived in Japan and I can say it's one of the most racist places I've been. There's a crust of civility, but a lot of people let it be known that you're not welcome.


I've noticed this too. No offense to Misuzu, but Japanese people can be some of the most racist and generally fragged up people I've ever come across.
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 3711
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Jul 2006, 04:49
Ideology: Juche
Old Bolshevik
Post 02 Nov 2010, 03:49
Red Commissar wrote:
Does South Korea provide any aid or programs for ethnic Koreans in Japan?


Yes. The South has Mindan while the North has Chongryon.

Quote:
I can see why Koreans would want to pass down their traditions and language to their children, but to impose the idea that you are different because we are different does not seem fair to the next generations.


They are not "different because they are different". There are a lot of differences between Koreans and Japanese, there is nothing wrong with educating them about their rich heritage. Also, they aren't that isolated, either. They do what their Japanese Counterparts would do. The Americans have American Schools, why can't Koreans have Korean Schools?
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 3033
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Nov 2004, 20:06
Party Bureaucrat
Post 02 Nov 2010, 04:26
Short videos on the matter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvxLHIXGFRA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baWvh4eYCig

There is also a full-length documentary named "Our School"made in south Korea.
I post Here
Image
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.