Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Last USSR's leader's religious affiliations

Soviet cogitations: 981
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Aug 2011, 22:59
Ideology: Other Leftist
Komsomol
Post 17 Aug 2013, 23:28
What do you think about Gorbachev's once "i'm a christian", "and then i'm an atheist" claims, as portrayed by Wikipedia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Go ... ffiliation
Soviet cogitations: 12389
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Ideology: None
Philosophized
Post 17 Aug 2013, 23:36
He also claimed to be a patriot, then declared himself a confessed traitor. The only thing Gorbachev has ever consistently been is a world historic douche bag.
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
Soviet cogitations: 4381
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2004, 22:04
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Resident Soviet
Post 17 Aug 2013, 23:38
Edit: Ninja'd by CG.

Firstly, let's recall that Gorbachev is a two-faced cretin who changes his opinions depending on who he's talking to. Secondly, as in English, someone using phrases referring to God or with God in them does not at all confirm that they are religious. Thirdly, I can't believe that such a large portion of the article on the man that destroyed a superpower goes into speculating about his religious affiliation.
"The thing about capitalism is that it sounds awful on paper and is horrendous in practice. Communism sounds wonderful on paper and when it was put into practice it was done pretty well for what they had to work with." -MiG
Soviet cogitations: 10005
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Jul 2008, 20:01
Ideology: Trotskyism
Philosophized
Post 17 Aug 2013, 23:44
Quote:
Thirdly, I can't believe that such a large portion of the article on the man that destroyed a superpower goes into speculating about his religious affiliation.

haha yes, like it's an important question. but that's just symptomatic of the idealism inherent in the bourgeois conception of history, right?
"Don't know why i'm still surprised with this shit anyway." - Loz
Soviet cogitations: 4381
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2004, 22:04
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Resident Soviet
Post 17 Aug 2013, 23:49
Perhaps, but mainly it seems to come from Gorbachev's celebrity status, and the bourgeois media's tendency to lay out all the details they can find about celebrities' lives.
"The thing about capitalism is that it sounds awful on paper and is horrendous in practice. Communism sounds wonderful on paper and when it was put into practice it was done pretty well for what they had to work with." -MiG
Soviet cogitations: 1
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 20 Oct 2014, 11:38
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 20 Oct 2014, 11:43
Thanks for share tour experience...
harry
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.