Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Josef Stalin?

Soviet cogitations: 363
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 28 Jan 2011, 08:20
Komsomol
Post 30 Mar 2011, 09:06
I understand that while Stalin was in power that he had ordered a lot of "nasty" things to happen. The purges are one example and have given Stalin a bad name. However, how is it that when he died, many people mourned his death? Was it because they thought that their country would not be as successful with following leaders? Is it because many people who have lived through the war saw Stalin take a poor and weak country and triumph over the Nazi's and make the Soviet Union force to be reckoned with? I personally do not associate Stalin with the "bad" things but rather the good things that he created within the Soviet Union. Discuss please!
Soviet cogitations: 10005
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Jul 2008, 20:01
Ideology: Trotskyism
Philosophized
Post 30 Mar 2011, 16:35
We've discussed this countless times.... and most of us agree with you. There is nothing left to discuss, sorry.
"Don't know why i'm still surprised with this shit anyway." - Loz
Soviet cogitations: 9816
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Apr 2008, 03:25
Embalmed
Post 31 Mar 2011, 05:41
Mabool wrote:
We've discussed this countless times.... and most of us agree with you. There is nothing left to discuss, sorry.

Yeah this.

http://www.soviet-empire.com/ussr/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=44137
Here's an old thread I made where we talked a lot about Stalin if you wanna read it.
Once capitalists know we can release the Kraken, they'll back down and obey our demands for sure.
_Comrade Gulper
Soviet cogitations: 4779
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 12 May 2010, 07:43
Ideology: Other Leftist
Politburo
Post 31 Mar 2011, 06:58
Oh god some of those old posts are painful to read.

Here's also a more recent discussion that I contributed to: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=46863
“Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals” - Mark Twain
Soviet cogitations: 9816
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Apr 2008, 03:25
Embalmed
Post 31 Mar 2011, 17:05
Komissar_KW wrote:
Oh god some of those old posts are painful to read.

Yeah there was that guy at the beginning who was fragging around a lot and nearly derailed the thread. And then it just dragged on and on.
Once capitalists know we can release the Kraken, they'll back down and obey our demands for sure.
_Comrade Gulper
Soviet cogitations: 8
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Feb 2012, 00:17
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 13 Feb 2012, 02:40
Stalin is detectably a hero and the architect of making Russia a modern superpower.
The New Communist Party of Britain argues (with convincing evidence) that Stalin is a hero:

http://www.newworker.org/ncpcentral/JVS.html

Trotskyists however would argue against such evidence. I don't oppose Stalin yet at the same time I don't worship him. This argument often splits the Communist movement into different revisionist theories, which is the last the that Communism needs right now!
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.