Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Which Soviet Republic had to give away Nuclear Material?

Soviet cogitations: 4
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Nov 2010, 21:58
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 01 Dec 2010, 21:29
Just recently my local news has announced
Quote:
A former Soviet republic is giving away their Nuclear bomb making material by 2012
I was just wondering what Soviet republic if giving it up? I know its defenitly not Russia , maybe Georgia or something , someone please reply
'Every year humanity takes a step towards Communism , not you , but your child will surely be a communist - Nikita Krushev
Soviet cogitations: 4465
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 30 Mar 2010, 01:20
Ideology: None
Forum Commissar
Post 03 Dec 2010, 06:37
Can anyone have it? I wouldn't mind some of that.
Soviet cogitations: 12389
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Philosophized
Post 03 Dec 2010, 06:46
It appears to be Belarus.

My guess is they've cut a deal with Mattel to supply endless nuclear energy to Barbie microwaves the world over.
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
Soviet cogitations: 4465
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 30 Mar 2010, 01:20
Forum Commissar
Post 03 Dec 2010, 07:34
Quote:
(Hillary) Clinton cited Belarus as among countries across the globe where a "steel vise" of suppression is "slowly crushing civil society and the human spirit."
It sounds to me like they should probably be hanging on to this stuff if this is the way they are regarded. They're only going to make it easier for their enemies than it already is - unless they're in the middle of some Gorbachev style paroxysm of thinking the West only wants to make friends. Surely they're aware enough of what happened to the rest of their neighbourhood.
Soviet cogitations: 4405
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2004, 22:04
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Resident Soviet
Post 03 Dec 2010, 07:47
Don't worry comrade Shigalyov. As long as Lukashenko is president, Belarus will never have a Gorbachev-like attitude toward the West. Whatever gestures he makes toward the West are part of the game of geopolitics, and rest assured that Batka is at heart pro-Russian forever (pro-Russian in the sense that Belarusians and Russians are one people, united by history and blood, not in the sense that he appreciates the present government of Russia, which he certainly does not). Playing for European support is part of his attempt to retain power in the face of the Russian leadership's hostility, which has been growing to absurd extremes in the last months.
"The thing about capitalism is that it sounds awful on paper and is horrendous in practice. Communism sounds wonderful on paper and when it was put into practice it was done pretty well for what they had to work with." -MiG
Soviet cogitations: 5
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Jul 2012, 22:16
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 04 Jul 2012, 23:21
As far as I know, Ukraine gave all the nuclear material it got from several USSR facilities on it's territory to Russia for disposal in 1994-1995.
“If not me, who? And if not now, when?”
Mikhail S. Gorbatchev
Soviet cogitations: 2051
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Jun 2011, 08:37
Party Bureaucrat
Post 15 Jul 2012, 06:38
Amusing how Lukashenko is the great dictator for providing for his citizens, and Sashkavilla is the defender of democracy when bombing Ossetians.
Soviet America is Free America!

Under communism, there is no freedom; you are not free to live in poverty, be homeless, to be without an education, to starve, or to be without a job
Pug
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 74
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 06 Dec 2011, 22:25
Pioneer
Post 02 Oct 2012, 20:55
Ukraine had a greate amount of nuclear weapons in 1991. But we declined to be the nuclear state, so we destroyed all rockets and bombs.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.