Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Gorbachev

Soviet cogitations: 382
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 20 Apr 2008, 07:53
Unperson
Post 24 Apr 2008, 12:08
No, I am not.

I think it is about time I declare what I stand for.
Soviet cogitations: 3508
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Jun 2005, 23:39
Politburo
Post 24 Apr 2008, 14:31
No, it's that you make the most inane one-line posts with little or no content. So sayeth Chaz in the Forum Regulations:
Quote:
Don't get us wrong, brevity may be the soul of wit, but you have to make sure that if your posts are going to be brief, they must contain wit, or at very least some semblance of intelligent thought.

We're generally pretty lenient here at SE about these things if you do it every so often, but if that is the basic substance of most of your posts (outside Cafe Mir), ignore the rules at your own peril as it degrades the quality of discussion on this forum -> as our saying goes 'One-line, one bullet'. Please, don't take it personally, just try to elaborate on your posts with a little more thought.

edit: apologies for the thread hijack.

'Soviet-Empire. 500% more methods than other leading brands.'
Soviet cogitations: 382
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 20 Apr 2008, 07:53
Unperson
Post 25 Apr 2008, 04:50
Quote:
We're generally pretty lenient here at SE about these things if you do it every so often, but if that is the basic substance of most of your posts (outside Cafe Mir), ignore the rules at your own peril as it degrades the quality of discussion on this forum -> as our saying goes 'One-line, one bullet'. Please, don't take it personally, just try to elaborate on your posts with a little more thought.

But there is not much to say.

What do you want me to say?
Do you want me to write a 500 word document on why I hate a revisionist leader who destroyed the greatest nation on Earth? Most of what is to be said has already been said by others. There is no point to repeat what other have already said.
Soviet cogitations: 3508
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Jun 2005, 23:39
Politburo
Post 25 Apr 2008, 05:11
Quote:
But there is not much to say.

It was in regards to your posts as a whole on this site, not just this thread.

Quote:
Do you want me to write a 500 word document on why I hate a revisionist leader who destroyed the greatest nation on Earth? Most of what is to be said has already been said by others.

There is always more to add on the subject. The more you read and learn, for example, about such historical figures such as Gorbachev, the more you can add to the discussion and fill in areas that you think are relevant and have not been discussed yet.

Quote:
There is no point to repeat what other have already said.

But if you are going to simply parrot what has been said already in a dull and simplistic manner, don't.

Feel free to study the texts on this site very closely: http://www.marx2mao.com/

'Soviet-Empire. 500% more methods than other leading brands.'
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.