Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

WW 2 Technology

Soviet cogitations: 62
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Feb 2005, 22:00
Pioneer
Post 03 Apr 2005, 02:15
We know the German´s inventions in the ww2 period (Me 262, V1 & V2 rockets) And the American Atomic-Bomb; and the Soviet Union? i don t heard about Soviet inventions in ww2, who can change this situation?

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/ComradeDTA/FortheSovietMotherland.png[img][/img]
Pioneer
Post 03 Apr 2005, 02:17
my sig

Soviet cogitations: 1204
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 03 Jan 2005, 23:18
Party Member
Post 03 Apr 2005, 02:31
Soviet inventions in WW2? Well, their airforce was complete soviet design. The Yak, and her many variants, for instance.
EQUALITY! The first wish of nature, the first need of man, the first knot of all legitimate association!
Soviet cogitations: 1791
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Dec 2004, 11:58
Party Member
Post 03 Apr 2005, 04:08
Quote:
my sig

WW2 wasn't raging during the late 60s to my knowledge. It's quite clear that the T-64 is of an advanced design, and clearly inconceivable during WW2.
Pioneer
Post 10 Apr 2005, 16:09
Quote:
Soviet inventions in WW2? Well, their airforce was complete soviet design. The Yak, and her many variants, for instance

You tell me about Technologies advances but No about inventions
Soviet cogitations: 2775
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Sep 2004, 23:23
Party Bureaucrat
Post 01 May 2005, 21:26
The Soviets were too busy fighting for their very survival to develop any superweapons. But they had plans for a flying submarine!
Whoppee for Comrade Sergei.
Pioneer
Post 01 May 2005, 22:41
Quote:
But they had plans for a flying submarine!

Are you joking?
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 9276
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Mar 2005, 20:08
Embalmed
Post 02 May 2005, 00:33
they also had a plan for a underwater airship!

"Bleh, i don't even know what i'm arguing for. What a stupid rant. Disregard what i wrote." - Loz
"Every time is gyros time" - Stalinista
Soviet cogitations: 2848
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Nov 2004, 20:31
Party Bureaucrat
Post 19 Sep 2007, 02:34
The Soviet Union did develope world's first rocket powered fighter during the war - the BI-1, but it was a failure. Manouvering the aircraft was difficult, it had low range and ammunition capacity.

Mind you, this was world's first rocket powered fighter - not aircraft.
Soviet cogitations: 1038
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Jun 2006, 07:25
Party Member
Post 22 Sep 2007, 21:05
Soviet Union did invent multiple rocket launchers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyusha

Homer: "You guys are commies? Then why am I seeing free markets?"
Soviet cogitations: 1175
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 02 Jun 2006, 06:00
Party Member
Post 06 Oct 2007, 07:02
The USSR literally invented sloping armor for tanks, which gave T-34s, and other Russian tanks, a huge advantage... which is party why the T-34 is listed as one of the best tanks in history (often beating out Panzers/Panthers... and only beat by very modern tanks). I think most Soviet advancement came in the Tanks, rather then muddling around with bombs and such. The Americans had the advantage of an Ocean Russia never had.

I'm tempted to say the AK-47, but that was after the war I'm pretty sure. However I do believe the PPSh spawned the 47.

They also invented a burrowing hovercraft fueled by poptarts, btw.

"What has 1 year of Capitalism achieved that 70 years of Communism could not? It has made Communism look good" - Russian joke, 1993.
Soviet cogitations: 113
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 25 Aug 2005, 19:29
Pioneer
Post 07 Oct 2007, 06:30
Do not forget the ram-jet engine. Soviets were among the first in producing jet fighters.
Soviet cogitations: 1103
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 26 Jul 2006, 10:21
Party Member
Post 07 Oct 2007, 12:38
Quote:
i don t heard about Soviet inventions in ww2, who can change this situation?

The ability to outlast a technologically superior foe. Ex. Air warfare. The Mikoyan MiG-3.

German BF-109 / Fw aces used to use MiG-3 aircraft's armament & design customizations.

TO highlight, during the German sieges of Soviet facilities, which was DEVASTATING, Soviet aircraft could be more easily maintained. While the German BFs, FWs, and UK Spitfires & US Grummans etc., required a steady supply of maintenance.

This proved between victory & defeat.Also the T-34s. In modern tech, as far as overall performance goes, the AK still outperforms many of its rivals. In VietNam etc. DUring the initial stages, the Germans had the edge.

But the BFs & Fws required a steady supply of materials for maintenance. Not the Soviet VVS like MiG-3, the Lavochin and even Polikarpov 16. This made the Soviet Air Force outlast a barrage, whereas the German luftwaffe crumbled & disintegrated once maintenance inflow was chocked.

Thanks to Soviet tech concept, the USSR was able to outlast a foe which was MUCH more advanced than it, which had the most modernized military arsenal in the world. The USSR broke the Nazi's military backboke, don't forget.
Soviet cogitations: 2848
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Nov 2004, 20:31
Party Bureaucrat
Post 30 Nov 2007, 14:14
Quote:
Soviet Union did invent multiple rocket launchers.

No, the first was German Nebelwerfer, which developement had started already before Hitler came to power in Germany.

Quote:
The USSR literally invented sloping armor for tanks

Again, no. The first to use sloped armor on tanks were French.

Quote:
only beat by very modern tanks

You don't need "very modern tanks" to beat World War II era tank.

Quote:
German BF-109 / Fw aces used to use MiG-3 aircraft's armament & design customizations.

Germans did not use such.

Quote:
But the BFs & Fws required a steady supply of materials and maintenance. Not the Soviet VVS like MiG-3, the Lavochin and even Polikarpov 16.

All aircraft require if they are to be flown without worries of extra malfunctioning/accidents, including Soviet aircraft. Overlooked maintenance results to incidents that can cause pilots to lose their lives easily.

Quote:
This made the Soviet Air Force outlast a barrage, whereas the German luftwaffe crumbled & disintegrated once maintenance inflow was chocked.

Wrong. The Luftwaffe was slowly beaten - mainly on the Western Front where it suffered its heaviest losses, and troubled by the lack of fuel during latter stage of the war, again, thanks to Western Allied effort. Aircraft do not fly without fuel.
Soviet cogitations: 6887
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 30 Nov 2007, 08:37
Unperson
Post 01 Dec 2007, 05:03
I'm not sure exactly what the author of the thread is asking for. Soviet weapon designs? Soviet industrial advancements?
Soviet cogitations: 23
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 03 Dec 2007, 05:39
Pioneer
Post 06 Dec 2007, 20:32
Quote:
tempted to say the AK-47, but that was after the war I'm pretty sure.

Right you are.

The "47" in the the Kalashnikov model in fact stood for the year it was made, which would be 1947
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.