Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Aircraft flying in airspace and outer space

Soviet cogitations: 127
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Sep 2010, 01:36
Pioneer
Post 07 Sep 2010, 23:49
Lieutenant General Alexander Zelin the first commander of the Russian Air Force on Saturday, August 14th / August Ross said engineers are working to design equipment aircraft capable of flying in the Earth's atmosphere and outer space alike.

The Zelin told the radio "Echo of Moscow that" Russia understands full well that it should not be delayed in this area.

He predicted that re-arming of the Army Air and fronts to the full in the next 10 years, as well as to update 70% of the fleet of aircraft.

In the second story

The commander of the Russian Air Force that Russia is working to find aircraft can work in space. There is an understanding of how to make aircraft of this type he said.
(And RIA Novosti news agency 08/18/2010)

What do u think , is that possible ?
Soviet cogitations: 5137
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Nov 2007, 06:31
Embalmed
Post 08 Sep 2010, 02:33
Doesn't the space shuttle qualify for this?
Soviet cogitations: 127
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Sep 2010, 01:36
Pioneer
Post 08 Sep 2010, 02:38
Conscript

I guess he means (Flying Fighters)
maybe
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 489
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Feb 2010, 15:15
Komsomol
Post 08 Sep 2010, 10:49
That fighter will need to be very fast. Like Mach 30 or so. If I recall correctly, the fastest plane ever has been the X-43, which, even though it's quite small and unmanned, only got to Mach 10.
"You're a pretty cool guy" - Mabool
"the social democrats don't give a frag about changing this capitalist system [...] so they can lick my greasy peanut buttered balls like the dog they are." - Greenanarchism
Soviet cogitations: 136
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Aug 2010, 17:20
Pioneer
Post 09 Sep 2010, 06:09
Well if you consider the upper atmosphere outerspace, then I think there are already planes either deveolped or in development. I'll have a look around and see if I can find a link, but I dont think, along the lines of upmost atmosphere being space, a plane that can fly in space to be that far fetched at all.

A plane capable of space travel on the other hand (not planet to planet or to the moon, but even just away from earth) I see as still being a ways off.
"I know that after my death a pile of rubbish will be heaped on my grave, but the wind of History will sooner or later sweep it away without mercy."
"Death is the solution to all problems - no man, no problem."
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.