Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Russian Cosmism

[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 4032
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Oct 2006, 23:10
Politburo
Post 20 Mar 2010, 21:13
I have read about this on wikipedia, here. It was a movement that existed in the early 20th century, much like the current transhumanist movement. They advocated immortality, resurrection, space exploration and colonization, and the like. Yet they appear to be influenced by communism to significant degree. Does anyone have other interesting information about them? What do you guys think about this group?
Soviet cogitations: 259
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 20 Feb 2010, 11:57
Resident Admiral
Post 21 Mar 2010, 11:38
I know it..
It's very interesting..
But in the end, it could be the final evolution of the human society, that includes necessarily the abolition of private money, the old religions..
a future of near-immortal advanced men, peaceful and space travelers.
It will be the final triumph of true communism, and it's not a dream.. the sad thing it's that it's a distant future, we will not exists.. but our descendents yes.

Changing our world now, close the day of man's rebirth.

The italian page of wikipedia have more informations..
Of the main cosmists we know Andrei Platonov, Alexandr Bogdanov, Konstantin Ziolkovsky and Vladimir Vernadsky.
Between the Soviet leaders we know of Breznev, and a little Trozky, Lenin, Gorbaciov and maybe also Stalin.
I've read that, probably linked with the communist russian party, there is a cosmist group at Moscow
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.