Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Alien life attempting to contact us?

Soviet cogitations: 259
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 20 Feb 2010, 11:57
Resident Admiral
Post 09 Mar 2010, 20:19
Excuse me but.. armed Almaz stations, the laser-cannon Polyus, part of the soviet space fighter fleet were surely built and it's not science fiction, there are photos and design projects

As the Radical Ufology, There are several books on this thing, one of the founders of this part of the ufology was a South American guerrilla militant that had a Close contact, and he as a communist scientifically analyzed the situation without the hysteria or the mysticism of many ufologists.

I'm sad you're so skeptical, it's not a problem of believing the unreal or magic.. I suggest you to watch the famous video on you tube about the soviet UFO,
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 4032
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Oct 2006, 23:10
Politburo
Post 10 Mar 2010, 01:38
What do we have to gain from believing in UFO's? Are they going to help us directly? Or will we gain converts by appealing to their inner tin-hat?
Soviet cogitations: 4953
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Feb 2008, 15:25
Ideology: Other Leftist
Politburo
Post 10 Mar 2010, 02:01
I believe in UFO's. I've seen heaps of flying objects I can't identify. Does that mean I believe there are Alien spacecraft visiting Earth. Not at all.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 4032
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Oct 2006, 23:10
Politburo
Post 10 Mar 2010, 03:19
You're nitpicking.
Soviet cogitations: 4953
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Feb 2008, 15:25
Ideology: Other Leftist
Politburo
Post 10 Mar 2010, 11:25
I'm making a point. People keep talking of UFO's as if their Alien spacecraft, and it's stupid. An object in the sky which can't be identified could be anything. It doesn't help those looking for a more "down to Earth" explanation to accept this usage of the term.
Soviet cogitations: 4764
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 20 Jul 2007, 06:59
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Forum Commissar
Post 26 Apr 2010, 20:37
Hawkins is saying that, yes, there are aliens out there, but that we shouldn't try to contact them because we'd get our assed whooped and colonized.

"You say you have no enemies? How is this so? Have you never spoken the truth, never loved justice?" - Santiago Ramón y Cajal
Forum Rules
Soviet cogitations: 2
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Jun 2011, 10:20
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 04 Jun 2011, 10:57
Sorry but hands down they found something all ready. Why else would you mass produce so many weapons that you never use?
Soviet cogitations: 3799
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 12 Jun 2006, 02:14
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Politburo
Post 06 Jun 2011, 01:13
Quote:
Why else would you mass produce so many weapons that you never use?

Really? Are you serious?
Never heard of Si vis pacem, para bellum (If you wish for peace, prepare for war)? It's been around since the 4th century....

"Where Argentina goes, Latin America will go".
Leonid Brezhnev

Forum Rules
Loz
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 11879
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 06 Dec 2009, 23:17
Philosophized
Post 06 Jun 2011, 01:30
An interesting page about Soviet experiences with UFOs...

http://www.ufo.se/ufofiles/english/issue_3/ussr1.htm
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 71
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Jun 2016, 08:12
Pioneer
Post 13 Jul 2016, 05:46
no one has made contact. However, that doesn't mean there is no attempt. I seriously doubt that any civilization has yet reached type III on the kardashev scale, so they are not zipping around the galaxy. There may be some type II's who have colonized their own solar system and possibly other neighboring stellar systems, although that is unlikely. If we don't do something to set ourselves back or delay tech progress, we will probably be type II within 5000 years. Hopefully we'll have a pope by then too.
Soviet cogitations: 12389
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Ideology: None
Philosophized
Post 13 Jul 2016, 13:07
piusv wrote:
no one has made contact. However, that doesn't mean there is no attempt. I seriously doubt that any civilization has yet reached type III on the kardashev scale, so they are not zipping around the galaxy. There may be some type II's who have colonized their own solar system and possibly other neighboring stellar systems, although that is unlikely. If we don't do something to set ourselves back or delay tech progress, we will probably be type II within 5000 years. Hopefully we'll have a pope by then too.

I was convinced you were Alma Ata, but now I believe with Soviet78 you're actually Fitzy.

Welcome back, but why the Christian rigmarole this time around? You used to be obsessed with molecules if I remember correctly.
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 71
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Jun 2016, 08:12
Pioneer
Post 13 Jul 2016, 18:42
who?
There is a very good chance that a type I civilization is trying to make contact. They may be having the same conversation on a web forum on their planet. Some day we may have a galactic wide web forum.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.