Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Chinese Space Program

Soviet cogitations: 873
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 05 Jun 2004, 18:45
Komsomol
Post 03 Aug 2004, 04:29
I am really excited about the Chinese Space Program. It has already achieved great things, and I am sure even greater things are to come in the years ahead. With plans for Space Labs, and lunar missions of their own, China will certainly be the next super power in space. Here is a site I found with some pretty detailed info on their program. It is just a geocities site, but some real research has gone into it.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/1921/

-PDO
It's Cascadia, bitch.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 301
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 25 Jul 2004, 20:17
Komsomol
Post 03 Aug 2004, 09:32
China has just recently done what the USSR and US did about 50 years ago. do not count on them to catch up any time soon. They may dream big, but they do not yet have the technology to achieve their dreams.
“This is not what we fought for (Poverty). We dreamt of how rich life would be after the war” - Nikolai Protasov, Great Patriotic War Veteran
Soviet cogitations: 4394
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 16 Jun 2004, 17:30
Politburo
Post 03 Aug 2004, 22:50
They're probably not that bad off. I always liked how Aurthur C. Clarke had portrayed the Yankees, the Soviets, and the Chinese in Space. The Soviets and the Yankees had a respect for each other and more or less came to an understanding, and the Chinese were just kind of...Out there. It was rather cool.

-TIG
Alis Volat Propriis; Tiocfaidh Ar La; Proletarier Aller Länder, Vereinigt Euch!
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 110
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Jan 2003, 22:40
Pioneer
Post 04 Aug 2004, 13:51
China's first satellite was launched in 1970. It was called the Dongfanghung-1 (The East is Red 1) and played the song, the East is Red, continuously.

http://www.morningsun.org/east/satellite.swf
Soviet cogitations: 29
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Jun 2004, 03:36
Pioneer
Post 06 Aug 2004, 02:11
Comrade The Immortal Goon,do you think that Chinese space program is a great & significant thing?
Five genuine men:
Marx,Chen Duxiu,Trotsky,Lu Xun,Guevara.
Politburo
Post 06 Aug 2004, 19:09
Comrade, I think any space program is a great and significant thing. The Chinese are doing well in this respect.

-TIG
Soviet cogitations: 866
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 05 Mar 2003, 16:07
Komsomol
Post 06 Aug 2004, 19:21
How about DPRK's space program? They've launched a satellite quite some time ago and they're especially good at developing rockets...
Komsomol
Post 07 Aug 2004, 20:49
Quote:
How about DPRK's space program? They've launched a satellite quite some time ago

Really?? I didn't know that! Do you know where I could find more info about it?

-PDO
It's Cascadia, bitch.
Soviet cogitations: 866
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 05 Mar 2003, 16:07
Komsomol
Post 08 Aug 2004, 14:22
They launched their first sputnik in 1998 but it fell into the Pacific. They repeated the attempt in a few months and succeeded. NASA commented this fact on the 16th of September, same year...
Komsomol
Post 09 Aug 2004, 18:42
Here is one site that has a little info on the DPRK's Space Program.

http://www.fas.org/spp/guide/dprk/

-PDO
It's Cascadia, bitch.
Politburo
Post 09 Aug 2004, 19:23
Doesn't sound like they actually have a space program. Lame!

-TIG
Soviet cogitations: 6
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Aug 2004, 15:25
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 13 Aug 2004, 15:44
The Chinese space program is the subject of a great deal of over-hype. They have achieved an orbital flight by copying Soviet hardware in large part. They were able to skip a huge amount of R&D, thus giving the impression that they were making tremendously fast progress. They may be able to modify one of their Soyuz-derived craft for a Lunar flyby (as with Zond) if they can build a suitable launcher, which is no small task itself especially given their (and to a lesser extent, Russian) lack of experience with extremely large rocket engines, forcing them to cluster smaller engines for the same effect. The Soviet N-1 attempted this, to explosive results. Very difficult to do.

In short, China's in the game but they have a long way to go before they catch up with, let alone surpass the US and the steadily degrading Russian space program.
...and thus they were all equal, and they did all labor, every man according to his strength.
And they did impart of their substance, every man according to that which he had...

Alma 1:26/27
Soviet cogitations: 1445
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Mar 2003, 19:17
Unperson
Post 06 Sep 2004, 08:05
to Red Space:

Modern Russia doesn't have space program.

North Korea has, China has, USA has, Japan has, but modern Russia doesn't have any.
Komsomol
Post 15 Sep 2004, 18:19
Quote:
Modern Russia doesn't have space program.

Sure they do. True, they aren't developing any new systems, or adding any great leaps forward in science. However, they are at the very least keeping alive what was birthed from the Soviet system. It isn't great, but I am sure the astronauts and cosmosnauts on the ISS are appreciating it!

-QSP
It's Cascadia, bitch.
Soviet cogitations: 1445
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Mar 2003, 19:17
Unperson
Post 18 Sep 2004, 08:41
Quote:
However, they are at the very least keeping alive what was birthed from the Soviet system.

NO!!! WE ARE DELIBERATELY AND SYSTEMATICALLY DESTROYING IT.

We destroyed "Mir", then "Energia" and "Buran", etc.
Komsomol
Post 22 Sep 2004, 17:34
Quote:
We destroyed "Mir", then "Energia" and "Buran", etc.

Well, an inferior economic system can't support all the programs of the past. I agree, they have made some serious cutbacks. They are still doing OK with what they have, though.

-QSP
It's Cascadia, bitch.
Soviet cogitations: 113
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Oct 2004, 07:17
Pioneer
Post 10 Oct 2004, 17:31
czechman86 wrote:
China has just recently done what the USSR and US did about 50 years ago. do not count on them to catch up any time soon. They may dream big, but they do not yet have the technology to achieve their dreams.

Cheerfully saw such a forum space and such a post. It's true that China has just recently done what the USSR and US did about 50 years ago. But I don't feel China dream any big, not because I think China's technology is some advanced but the dream is indeed quite small.
I love today's China.
Soviet cogitations: 14
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 01 Nov 2004, 05:52
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 02 Nov 2004, 19:16
newquantum wrote:
czechman86 wrote:

Cheerfully saw such a forum space and such a post. It's true that China has just recently done what the USSR and US did about 50 years ago. But I don't feel China dream any big, not because I think China's technology is some advanced but the dream is indeed quite small.

Hello guy,im from Shanghai.Generally you're right,but as for how big the dream is,im afraid it depends on the economic situations.And all dreams may change.
Yes, this time we celebrate May First under a sharp wind, the pace of events in the world strongly speeded up.
Komsomol
Post 16 Apr 2005, 19:45
http://www.cnsa.gov.cn/main_e.asp

The official China National Space Administration site. It has a lot of good info. The 'Space Policy' section really outlines their short and long-term goals. Future Chinese programs sound very ambitious, and it looks quite promising for the future of Space Exploration.

-QSP
It's Cascadia, bitch.
Soviet cogitations: 1791
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Dec 2004, 11:58
Party Member
Post 17 Apr 2005, 02:51
That's interesting. They're making progress.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.