Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Joseph Stalin

Soviet cogitations: 1078
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Sep 2013, 03:08
Ideology: Trotskyism
Party Member
Post 09 Sep 2015, 22:47
Akecheta wrote:
I'm not a capitalist. I believe in freedom of speech (including on the internet) so long as it's not harmful.

Using a discussion purely for the sake of self-promotion is harmful. Your whole point here is "I'm Stalin's cousin, hail me!" It's an attitude no leftist remotely takes seriously, and Stalin himself would have slapped you for.

Quote:
Posting my personal Facebook page URL is now considered a "political campaign" and "advertisement"? Interesting.

It lists you as an aspiring politician, so yes. If you wanted to post it for people to contact you off-site, do it in your profile here like everyone else. Don't repeatedly link to it.

Quote:
I see we are back to you accusing me of lying, disrespecting me, and insulting me.

I believe it's obvious you are lying. Lying without good cause is disrespectful and will be treated with disrespect in kind. If you feel challenging you is insulting you, again, learn to deal with the real world. You are not entitled to blind acceptance of any claim you make.

Quote:
There's a huge difference between respectfully disagreeing with someone for whatever reason than disrespectfully disagreeing with someone and not using their brain.

Yeah, it's disrespectful and not very smart to BS to everyone with a claim that requires the phonograph to have been extant in semi-rural Georgia 20 years before its invention.

Quote:
I see you will continue to ignore the facts, and I see you will continue to insult me.

You keep using those words, they don't mean what you think they mean.

Quote:
Regardless how you feel, I'm related to Joseph Stalin and the facts prove this.

No they don't.

Quote:
I consider him to be a great leader and the facts prove that too.

Yes they do. Great yes, good no, necessary probably.

Quote:
I hope you come and support Cuba during the event 'Support Cuba nomination for Nobel Peace Prize for Ebola fight'. I'm excited to precipitate myself.

What does this have to do with anything? Cuba has done a ton of great work on ebola.
Soviet cogitations: 238
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 12 Jun 2011, 15:14
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Pioneer
Post 10 Sep 2015, 06:26
Conscript wrote:
Really? Because it's plainly apparent you set out to confirm some relationship to stalin, you have some patriotic affinity for russia, and feel that your heritage explains some mystical leftist bias. It is kind of misguided to decide to be a stalinist based on this, I mean you would be thrown in a soviet psychiatric facility after all. That's not anti-stalin propaganda.
You are more correct about this than you probably even realize . Given the relatively unenlightened understanding of Psychology at that time and place , she would have most certainly been deemed to be mentally disordered , not only for being Transgender , but also she would have been considered to be schizoid , given her Asperger Syndrome that she attests to here. You see , I myself have Asperger syndrome. And I happen to know that a Soviet neurological researcher documented something along the same lines as that which Dr. Hans Asperger described. Only she misidentified it as being a juvenile type of schizoid personality disorder http://www.asperger-syndrome.me.uk/history.html. And though I certainly disagree with the Nazi viewpoints , which characterized both Dr. Asperger , and Austria at the time , I wish that the Soviets were to have had his rather inclusive attitude towards those with autism. He was quoted as expressing this http://aspergers101.com/quotes/asperger-syndrome/. Anyway , I'm not meaning to try to embarrass her by exposing her high functioning autism , and really she already has outed herself online in that regard. I just wanted to point out that our respective differences , in respects to neurodiversity , would have been deemed back then to be symptomatic of an unsound mind , even by Stalin I suppose. So I'm pleased to be living in a less ignorant era , in so many areas. And I also remember meeting other comrades here , who have said that they have Aspergers too. So I know that our contributions are appreciated , and not scornfully dismissed , due to our having such a neuro - psychological anomaly.
Pioneer
Post 10 Sep 2015, 07:28
MissStrangelove -
Quote:
As far as relation to Hitler, how do you know he doesn't have some good, compassionate relatives who live in shame about their relation to him? Jason's never been anything but kind and insightful, in my interactions with him. Also by no means a fascist.
Thank you.
I appreciate that. And no , if anyone were to check my profile here , not only does it not say Fascist , it states that I self identify as being a Marxist-Leninist. And at least one other cousin has also noticed , while researching our genealogy , Hitler having some ancestors who were Stumpners. She was rather disappointed to discover this , especially as she herself has a son who's father is African-American . So she is not a racist , and neither am I. In fact , incidentally there was a time in which I believed by faith in our family folklore that alleged that on my paternal grandmother's side of the family we are part Native American , however remotely , and therefore not altogether Caucasian. Though , after trying to find empirical data to support this claim , I actually ended up refuting it. While at one time even reputable historians believed that Conrad Weiser married a Mohawk chieftains daughter , newly discovered documentation has since thrown water on that idea , as referenced in this article https://www.archive.org/stream/lifeofjohnconrad00weis/lifeofjohnconrad00weis_djvu.txt. See rather than simply relying upon a deep feeling that I'm of Mohawk descent , or even a sense that's supposedly inspired by the Great Spirit , I sought out verifiable evidence . I had to trace my ancestry even further than what my uncle , the father of my before mentioned cousin , had led me to believe. He told me that my supposed Amerindian ancestor was a great-great great-great grandmother. But I found no trace of any such person , so I resolved to not stop until I either found her , or until I traced all lineage clear back to the old countries of Europe , even though I wound up going clear back to the late 1600's , I was ever perseverant in my personal quest. I think that as long as on takes it one step at a time one can be surprised by just how much one can find , and how far back one can trace one's ancestry. I'm not even completely sure if I am related in any way to Adolf Hitler , as I have not as of yet found concrete evidence linking me to a common relative. And certainly not all Stumpners are interrelated. I even found some Stumpners , from Poland , who are Jewish http://jri-poland.org/surnames/krakow.htm. So I would not expect that they're related to Hitler
. Seriously , strange as it might sound , Jews and Germans can share the same surname http://www.jewfaq.org/m/jnames.htm. But as I do not have any known Jewish ancestors , I very well might be related to him. If so then I sincerely intend to use any inherited political , and oratory prowess for good causes.
Party Member
Post 10 Sep 2015, 10:39
You're welcome.
As far as her asperger's goes, that's actually why I apologized. Some of her behavior here is pretty typical of an immature person on the autistic spectrum, namely the treating any challenge as a personal affront and finding semi-mystical "connections" that only she can see. Usually there's more of a logic to those connections than "just because," but it's not necessarily easy logic to communicate and could rely on a series of connected leaps.

As someone with a mental disorder of my own (Bipolar II), I know all too well she can't really be faulted for that, and it can even lend some insight that "normals" miss. But there are people with asperger's syndrome who are more mature and have learned how to put their cognitive difference in perspective, allowing them to deal with the world. I mean, the guy who made Pokemon also has the disorder.

For the record, I suspect the Stalin thing isn't her only serious lie. Many old-stock Americans have that ancestry, especially Southerners, but based on her pictures I seriously doubt she's more than 1/8 American Indian.
Pioneer
Post 11 Sep 2015, 05:34
MissStrangelove wrote:
You're welcome.
As far as her asperger's goes, that's actually why I apologized. Some of her behavior here is pretty typical of an immature person on the autistic spectrum, namely the treating any challenge as a personal affront and finding semi-mystical "connections" that only she can see. Usually there's more of a logic to those connections than "just because," but it's not necessarily easy logic to communicate and could rely on a series of connected leaps.

As someone with a mental disorder of my own (Bipolar II), I know all too well she can't really be faulted for that, and it can even lend some insight that "normals" miss. But there are people with asperger's syndrome who are more mature and have learned how to put their cognitive difference in perspective, allowing them to deal .

What you described as being Aspergers actually sounds to me to be more so like some sort of schizotypal spectrum disorder . I know that there is a rather fine line between the two , which is why i feel that the before mentioned Soviet neurologist may be forgiven for confusing what has come to be known as Asperger's syndrome with schizoid personality disorder.. But we autists , as I understand it , do not typically harbor delusions of grandeur , and elaborate conspiracy theories. But there are some superficial similarities , as well as crucial differences , from a dialectical standpoint , as this article alludes to https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-imprinted-brain/201305/rethinking-autism-and-schizotypy-new-findings. If you'll pardon my splitting of hairs. P.S. I sure don't like to think that this person is thusly mentally impaired. I suppose that only a psychiatrist could tell for sure. And the best that any of us can do us to patiently bear with her.
Party Member
Post 11 Sep 2015, 07:15
Yeah, the outright delusional thinking itself seems more schizoid.

I was more thinking that immature autists do often have a "black and white" worldview, which can often include "person criticizing me = enemy." And pattern-seeking is a pretty typical asperger's thing, though it's usually memorizing stats and facts; I do have to wonder if she's closer towards the schizotypal spectrum instead based on the mysticism involved here, but a series of badly-made logical leaps could maybe look the same? Basically I'm wondering if she's schizoid or just a not-very-bright autist.
Soviet cogitations: 3799
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 12 Jun 2006, 02:14
Politburo
Post 11 Sep 2015, 14:29
Ok, enough. Let's not get into online diagnosis here. We're not doctors, and it's not the topic at hand.
Either we go back to discussing Stalin's family (which seems to be the original topic) or I'll close the thread.

"Where Argentina goes, Latin America will go".
Leonid Brezhnev

Forum Rules
Soviet cogitations: 12389
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Ideology: None
Philosophized
Post 11 Sep 2015, 15:48
The main thing I remember about Stalin's family relations is the little anecdote that occurred when Stalin's son (was it Yakov?) was captured by the Germans, and an offer apparently came in to exchange him for von Paulus. Stalin allegedly replied, "Exchange a General for a Lieutenant? No dice!"
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
Soviet cogitations: 7
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 25 Jun 2015, 15:00
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 12 Sep 2015, 23:31
Assuming the baby crying in the background of your audio clip is Keke Geladze, who was born in 1858, that would make it the oldest known intelligible recording of a human voice. The phonoautograph was invented in France less than a year before her birth, but why would they record this conversation? Apparently phonoautographs were used to study sound waves and it wasn't even realized that they could be used to play back recorded sound until 1877. The oldest known recording of a voice dates from 1860 and you can hear how grainy the sound is. The voices from the audio clip sound like text-to-speech software.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_sound_recording

If you want to put your imagination to good use for the sake of communism, you should write a 21st century proletarian novel!
Soviet cogitations: 64
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Jun 2015, 20:48
Pioneer
Post 13 Sep 2015, 09:57
Loz wrote:
Daily reminder that Stalin raped a 13 YO girl when he was in exile in Siberia, where other deportees mostly hated him because he was the only one who hanged out with actual non-political criminals.

Also why would you people argue on the internet ( and even more so with someone claiming he's Stalin's grandson or some shit ) in 2015?

It was consensual, she was not raped. People had sex earlier 100 years ago. I don't understand why Trotskyists go on this website to begin with.
Party Member
Post 13 Sep 2015, 14:28
DkBuntovnik wrote:
The voices from the audio clip sound like text-to-speech software.

Aha, exactly what I was trying to figure out. I was about 99 percent sure it was. Since obviously there was no voice recording in that time, let alone in semi-rural Georgia, and using text-to-speech software is the best explanation. But hearing from a Russian-speaker that it sounds the part too, for me, seals it.
Loz
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 11879
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 06 Dec 2009, 23:17
Philosophized
Post 13 Sep 2015, 22:07
It was probably still rape according to Imperial Russian laws and even if it wasn't it was still rape according to laws of basic human decency. Statutory rape of a 13 YO by a grown man is statutory rape.
Also i've been here about 6 years longer than you, so bugger off.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1277
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Sep 2011, 13:51
Party Member
Post 14 Sep 2015, 15:25
Quote:
Ages of consent in Europe today:

14 years old: Albania, Austria, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Montenegro, Portugal, San Marino, Serbia

15 years old: Croatia (Before 2013, the legal age of consent in Croatia was 14), Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Greece, Iceland, Monaco, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden

16 years old: Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Finland, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Moldova, Netherlands, Northern Cyprus, Norway, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom

17 years old: Cyprus, Ireland

18 years old: Turkey, Vatican City

There is no actual proof that he had sexual relations with this girl. Every source I've read on the topic (mostly Ukrainian books on Soviet history) claims that the local villagers witnessed Stalin to have spent considerable time with the 13 year old girl "who looked very mature for her age". That's a direct quote I remember reading twice.

The age of consent in the USSR depended on when each individual person sexually matured biologically; i.e. teenage years.

It's a story so obscure lacking in legitimate sources not even Wikipedia is willing to publish it.

My laws shall act more pleasure than command,
And with my prick I'll govern all the land.
Loz
[+-]
Philosophized
Post 14 Sep 2015, 15:32
It's pretty well documented in Montefiore's Young Stalin.
Another anecdote, once Stalin's 16 YO daughter fell in love with some 30+ movie director, and Stalin got so pissed off by that ( as would every father ) he sent the guy on the Gulag express.

Quote:
The age of consent in the USSR depended on when each individual person sexually matured biologically; i.e. teenage years.

I.e. it depended on the age of both parties.

A grown man having sex with a 13 YO was and is pedophilia, as simple as that. Stalin was, among other things, a pedophile. So there's that.

Keep worshiping your favorite midget pedophile.
[+-]
Party Member
Post 14 Sep 2015, 15:46
Loz wrote:
It's pretty well documented in Montefiore's Young Stalin.

Everything's been pretty well documented by authors you approve of.

Loz wrote:
I.e. it depended on the age of both parties.

Loz wrote:
A grown man having sex with a 13 YO was and is pedophilia, as simple as that.

Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children, generally age 11 years or younger.

There are two universes. One that exists in the real world that consists of three dimensions and is governed by the laws of physics; and another that exists only in Loz's head that is governed by his delusions.

Keep worshiping your Serb hating Croat fascist friends.

Loz
[+-]
Philosophized
Post 14 Sep 2015, 15:49
Yeah, because a grown man having sex with a 12 YO now isn't pedophilia. Maybe that's how it is in Nigeria.

Quote:
Keep worshiping your Serb hating Croat fascist friends.

0/10, total non sequitur. You'll have to try harder to even think about trolling me.
[+-]
Party Member
Post 14 Sep 2015, 15:55

God you're boring.

Loz
[+-]
Philosophized
Post 14 Sep 2015, 15:59
You still worship a pedophile midget.

[+-]
Party Member
Post 14 Sep 2015, 16:20
Relax Loz. I'm not your enemy. Furthermore there's only one thing in life that I worship, and it sure as hell isn't Stalin; never mind what I may have once said in good humour on Cafe Mir.

I haven't even judged Stalin once in this thread, but instead only put forward facts. That's all.

It's incredible that you use an unconfirmed and unreliable story about Stalin to attack his supporters when you yourself were defending Tolstoy not too long ago in regards to him raping his wife.

Loz wrote:
If people take Tolstoy as a role model it's because of his writings, not the fact that he was a rapist.

Besides it's possible that Marx for example raped his maid and it's sure that he didn't give two shits about his bastard son. So in that sense he was a dick.

So are we now supposed to stop "celebrating" his intellectual heritage and everything else connected to him because of that?

...marriage rape didn't become illegal even in the US until the 70s.

Loz wrote:
You'll have to try harder to even think about trolling me.

I never troll. There's nothing more pathetic to me than a troll. Judging by your ridiculous avatar, your constant russophobic rants and changing your mind every five minutes on everything, it's blatantly obvious that you're one of the biggest trolls this site has ever had.

By the way this thread doesn't belong in current events. It'd fit much better in The Dustbin of History forum.

Soviet cogitations: 64
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Jun 2015, 20:48
Pioneer
Post 16 Sep 2015, 00:29
Loz wrote:
It was probably still rape according to Imperial Russian laws and even if it wasn't it was still rape according to laws of basic human decency. Statutory rape of a 13 YO by a grown man is statutory rape.
Also i've been here about 6 years longer than you, so bugger off.

Ye but all you do is shit on the USSR and all other socialist countries. Trotskyists are literally liberals pretending to be leftists. At 13 you are already a teen, I don't think Stalin did something that bad. He pretty much had some fun before sacrificing his entire life to the betterment of others.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.