Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Kim Il-Sung's Tumor

Soviet cogitations: 1533
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Oct 2007, 15:55
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Party Member
Post 19 Mar 2014, 04:18
Don't know if this will interest many of you. I have found a rather interesting video that was shot at an ice skating event of some sort that Kim Il-Sung attended back in 1989. Someone in the audience managed to capture Kim Il-Sung entering with his entourage and you can get a few glimpses of the tumor/calcium deposit on the back of his neck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aPReXqYGXo
We have beaten you to the moon, but you have beaten us in sausage making.- Nikita Khrushchev
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 9187
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Mar 2005, 20:08
Embalmed
Post 19 Mar 2014, 19:40
Was this filmed while the person holding the camcorder was being dragged away by the secret police for pointing a lens at Kim Il-Sung without his permission? This camera work is awful and I can't see shit.

"Bleh, i don't even know what i'm arguing for. What a stupid rant. Disregard what i wrote." - Loz
"Every time is gyros time" - Stalinista
Party Member
Post 20 Mar 2014, 02:21
It's obvious that the video wasn't shot in North Korea, most likely South Korea or another country that Kim was visiting, if it is indeed him. I know the camera work and quality are horrible, it was done in the 80's! However, if you look carefully at the bottom of Kim's neck you can see some show of inconsistency at the back of his neck/hairline.
We have beaten you to the moon, but you have beaten us in sausage making.- Nikita Khrushchev
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 9187
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Mar 2005, 20:08
Embalmed
Post 20 Mar 2014, 04:19
It is filmed in North Korea, the camcorder date is set as 8 July 1989, the closing day of the 13th World Festival of Youth and Students which took place in Pyongyang. And all I can see is the late President Kim having a fat neck. Why did you post this anyway? The man died of a heart attack.

"Bleh, i don't even know what i'm arguing for. What a stupid rant. Disregard what i wrote." - Loz
"Every time is gyros time" - Stalinista
Soviet cogitations: 4465
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 30 Mar 2010, 01:20
Ideology: None
Forum Commissar
Post 20 Mar 2014, 06:42
The fact that it was kept hidden from the people of the DPRK is probably the most interesting thing about it, but it was hardly unique to North Korea. The general public didn't really know about Uncle Joe's bad arm or FDR's wheelchair.

(I don't know if either of them had special legal status though.)

This is a better picture:
Loz
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 11879
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 06 Dec 2009, 23:17
Philosophized
Post 20 Mar 2014, 11:45
What a grotesque thread.
Why would anyone ever look for pictures of famous persons' tumors. WTF?
Party Member
Post 21 Mar 2014, 03:01
Kirov wrote:
Why did you post this anyway? The man died of a heart attack.

I thought it was rather interesting since raw videos of Kim Il-sung such as these are rare, outside of propaganda, meeting heads of state, etc.. I figured it would open up little known facts about Kim since he isn't discussed as much as Kim Jong-il and son.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.