Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Communist Dictators

Soviet cogitations: 1785
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 17 Jan 2005, 07:15
Unperson
Post 27 Jun 2007, 13:53
Quote:
There’s no need to get so defensive, I quite politely asked you to explain all the liberties and freedoms the people in DPRK have... because all I see and read is gross human rights records and a tyrannical regime. I doubt you would be defending DPRK if thats all it was.
I'm not trying to make some argument here; I'm trying to get some answers and another perspective.

In that case I apologize. I thought you were trolling in the post, which kind of flipped me over to a more defensive stance.

Anyhow, I know who are affiliated with me in same political groups who've visited DPRK several times on political missions, they've told me that it's not really that "tight" as the west proclaims it to be, it was in fact filled with a "non-pressed" atmosphere. Pyongyang is not a stressed up typical cosmopolitan city. If you want more first hand intel on DPRK, you should PM Obelisk since he's a Korean himself.
banistansig2
Soviet cogitations: 1175
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 02 Jun 2006, 06:00
Party Member
Post 27 Jun 2007, 21:58
How are you to get objective information on North Korea then? You can't assume every piece of literature on North Korea is bias, or propaganda.

The only credible source I have come across is Amnesty (which if you like it or not, is perfectly neutral), and their human rights rating of DPRK is horrid.

"What has 1 year of Capitalism achieved that 70 years of Communism could not? It has made Communism look good" - Russian joke, 1993.
Unperson
Post 27 Jun 2007, 22:07
Quote:
The only credible source I have come across is Amnesty (which if you like it or not, is perfectly neutral), and their human rights rating of DPRK is horrid.

Amnesty is a chauvinistic liberal bourgeois organisation. I don't trust them at all.

And as I said, I don't read stuff about DPRK, I've spoken to people and delegats who've been there to investigate the circumstances.
banistansig2
Party Member
Post 27 Jun 2007, 23:05
Quote:
Amnesty is a chauvinistic liberal bourgeois organisation. I don't trust them at all.

Call them whatever you want, but they dont discriminate. They treat North Korea the same as they do the United States (Guantanamo Bay, for example). Human rights violatins should be kept to a minimun in Marxist countries, and leave the violations to the capitalists.

"What has 1 year of Capitalism achieved that 70 years of Communism could not? It has made Communism look good" - Russian joke, 1993.
Unperson
Post 27 Jun 2007, 23:24
Quote:
Call them whatever you want, but they dont discriminate. They treat North Korea the same as they do the United States (Guantanamo Bay, for example). Human rights violatins should be kept to a minimun in Marxist countries, and leave the violations to the capitalists.

Err...
There is no such thing as "human rights", you're talking about capitalist rights. You want a human rights violation? How about denying a person the ability to grow, to be educated, to deny a person health, public transportation and a prosperous life? These are violations to human rights, not whether or not you "dont get to own 2 trucks due to government restriction". I spit on the UN charter and whatever "human rights" it claims to possess.
banistansig2
Party Member
Post 27 Jun 2007, 23:37
And don’t you think human rights should incorporate all of that? I agree with you in that respect... in fact, the Soviet Unions attempts to add in economical and social rights into the UN charter was flatly rejected by the western powers. I’ve always thought social and economic rights should be on there.

But come on, things like mass torture, genocide, persecution or whatever human rights violation you can think of are a little beyond "capitalistic rights". Its common sense.

Unperson
Post 27 Jun 2007, 23:47
Albert Einstein wrote:
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.

Says it all.
banistansig2
Soviet cogitations: 355
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 01 Apr 2007, 07:56
Komsomol
Post 28 Jun 2007, 00:05
Fontis have you ever lived in the USA or DPRK?
Never trust a computer you cant throw out a window.
Soviet cogitations: 355
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 01 Apr 2007, 07:56
Komsomol
Post 28 Jun 2007, 00:07
Never trust a computer you cant throw out a window.
Unperson
Post 28 Jun 2007, 02:35
Quote:

Why is this relevant? Furthermore, it's none of your business.
banistansig2
Party Member
Post 28 Jun 2007, 05:10
So I guess I can assume you believe common sense to be Capitalist aswell.

Soviet cogitations: 18
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 25 Mar 2007, 19:23
Unperson
Post 04 Jul 2007, 17:28
Quote:
There is no such thing as "human rights"

Yeah, there is only survival of the fittest.
Unperson
Post 04 Jul 2007, 21:24
Quote:
Yeah, there is only survival of the fittest.

Okay.

I will dedicate this post to ridicule you and your stupid backwards ideology.

Let us assume for a second here that you're actually right. Now, if it's all about the survival of the fittest, this would imply that everyone does everything for their own survival - thus helping others or offering others a service would be completely out of the question. Let us put aside the fact that society and civilization as we know it would be wiped out due to the fact that there would be noone there to "build something up", everyone would be focused on surviving by themselves. Now, how the f*ck do you expect to use the internet, your phone, buy stuff from the supermarket, get educated, read newspapers, watch tv etc etc if it's all about the survival of the fittest?

You are addicted to society, thus eliminating society would eliminate yourself. Which inevitably means that your ideology doesn't make any sense whatsoever unless you live by yourself on the top of himalaya or on antarctica where you're completely shut off from all mankind. Seeing as this isn't true, we are left with the conclusion that you're nothing but an ignorant, most likely 14 year old, little kid who finds it "cool" to use the word "übermensch".

Sie sind kein übermensch, nor untermensch.
banistansig2
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 198
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 15 May 2007, 22:05
Unperson
Post 05 Jul 2007, 21:50
I think I agree with comrade Manifesto here.

P.S.
.:. "übermensch" it is in german? that it means superman?
it's just a username anyway...
Soviet cogitations: 585
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 12 Jan 2007, 19:46
Komsomol
Post 05 Jul 2007, 23:19
Hu is really on that list? Wow.

EDIT:

Quote:
I will dedicate this post to ridicule you and your stupid backwards ideology.

Way to treat someone with respect and make yourself look noble. Survival of the fittest is a trait of nature...and maybe he was referring to that. I'm sure no one in their right minds here on this forum would ever advocate anarchistic 'survival of the fittest'. Just because he has a weird tainted view...if it is even that....doesn't mean you have to attack him and make him feel like an idiot. What should you care if he has a stupid ideology?

Joshua James Morris. Graduated UCSB with a BA in History.
Currently writing a dissertation entitled "Marxism in the 21st Century"
Soviet cogitations: 14448
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Sep 2006, 22:05
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Philosophized
Post 05 Jul 2007, 23:34
UCSBSoviet wrote:
Hu is really on that list? Wow.

That's totally what I thought when I first saw that list.
Unperson
Post 05 Jul 2007, 23:43
Quote:
anarchistic 'survival of the fittest'

First time I ever hear someone ridicule anarchism by comparing it with survival of the fittest. Anarchism and social-darwinism are to completely opposite ideologies.

Quote:
What should you care if he has a stupid ideology?

I'm sorry but I'm not the kind of person who enjoys holding hands, sitting in a circle and singing kumbaya with my enemies. That ideology has cost many lives, many of my comrades and relatives have been humiliated and executed due to that "stupid ideology". I oppose it everywhere, be it online or irl - it doesn't matter.

Quote:
and make him feel like an idiot

Anyone who is a supposed social-darwinist is already an idiot by definition because of the reasons I mentioned in the first post. I'm not "making him" feel anything, I'm simply stating the contradicting idiocy evolving that particular ideology.
banistansig2
Komsomol
Post 06 Jul 2007, 00:03
:;sigh::

Fontis your unwarrented dedication toward disagreeing with me is quite nerve racking.

Quote:
Let us put aside the fact that society and civilization as we know it would be wiped out due to the fact that there would be noone there to "build something up", everyone would be focused on surviving by themselves.

-Anarchy

Quote:
I'm sorry but I'm not the kind of person who enjoys holding hands, sitting in a circle and singing kumbaya with my enemies.

Well we know that, because you're not a very friendly person. Does this mean you have to be a jackoff....not really.

Quote:
That ideology has cost many lives, many of my comrades and relatives have been humiliated and executed due to that "stupid ideology".

Really? That'd be an interesting story to hear.

Quote:
I oppose it everywhere, be it online or irl - it doesn't matter.

Theres nothing wrong with that....but you attacked his views personally. If I attacked your views you'd call me a moronic idiot(which you probably already assume...another fault on yours)....and you'd never listen to what I had to say. So therefore it discredits my ability to sound respectable. Same goes for you.

Quote:
I'm not "making him" feel anything, I'm simply stating the contradicting idiocy evolving that particular ideology.

Interesting that you choose to insult him to accomplish that task.

Unperson
Post 06 Jul 2007, 01:26
Seriously, get off your high horse. Your attitude is becoming quite annoying.

Quote:
Well we know that, because you're not a very friendly person. Does this mean you have to be a jackoff....not really.

How does this make me a jackoff or an unfriendly person? Just because I choose to oppose my "enemies" I'm bad? I suppose being a pacifist and not doing anything is better and "nice"?

Seriously, I'm not going to bother replying to your posts. Whatever it is you're trying to do, you're obviously just trying to insult me by using your "smart comments" and somehow trigger my anger so that I would take your comments seriously and personally.

You fail.
banistansig2
Komsomol
Post 06 Jul 2007, 01:45
Quote:
Just because I choose to oppose my "enemies" I'm bad?

You're a insult removed by spets for the following reasons:

1) you consider people that disagree with you your "enemy"

Source:
Quote:
Just because I choose to oppose my "enemies" I'm bad?

2) You resort to personal flamboyant attacks on your "enemies" simply for having differing views

Source: this thread

3) inability to accept defiance. Instead of just accepting that people disagree...you HAVE to attack it.

Source: every conversation I've seen you have.

I'm done with this thread. Ciao

Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.