Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Martin Luther King Junior

Soviet cogitations: 844
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Jun 2004, 21:01
Komsomol
Post 17 Jun 2005, 20:13

Quote:
I'm sorry I started this.

Other people’s misbehavior is hardly your fault.
Soviet cogitations: 1204
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 03 Jan 2005, 23:18
Party Member
Post 17 Jun 2005, 20:50
I think ya'll need a dose of Anna Ulyanova.
EQUALITY! The first wish of nature, the first need of man, the first knot of all legitimate association!
Soviet cogitations: 2775
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Sep 2004, 23:23
Party Bureaucrat
Post 17 Jun 2005, 21:17
a dose of anna? Sorry, but that didn't sound quite right to me.

Ok, so anyone have something constructive to say on the subject of Martin Luther King?
Whoppee for Comrade Sergei.
Soviet cogitations: 1204
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 03 Jan 2005, 23:18
Party Member
Post 17 Jun 2005, 21:21
It's the silly way of saying "I do believe some posts should be edited for personal insults and flammage by the current forum's moderator" incase that didn't go by you.
EQUALITY! The first wish of nature, the first need of man, the first knot of all legitimate association!
Party Bureaucrat
Post 17 Jun 2005, 21:24
I got what you meant, but the way you said it sounded a little...wrong...
Soviet cogitations: 25
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Jun 2005, 00:28
Pioneer
Post 17 Jun 2005, 22:08
I can't believe this. I jut read the post of this thread and I think this J Jordan is out of his mind or he is a simply fascist crossdressed in red. I don't know if he is an agitator or he is just ignorant and prejuiced.
Well, I'm not a member of any MLK fan club, the main objection is the same I have against any reformist, but that doesn't mean we can't endorse the advance gained by MLK. Anyway he was a milestone in black people civil rights fight (that by the way never could have been possible without Malcom X and other black movements that pushed the things a little). So even thinking that someone (and that could be myself) could critize MLK for anyreason, there is an appropiate way to do it; and what J Jordan has done is out of line. You can't speak that way, I've read several post J Jordan have done in several threads and this guy is an homofobic, racist, fascist shaped mind, guy. Rastaman and Kuma are rightly entitled to be mad at him since the way he has expressed his dubious opinions.
A better world is possible! Say NO to capitalism!
Soviet cogitations: 142
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Mar 2004, 23:00
Pioneer
Post 17 Jun 2005, 22:29
Wow it seems the majority of the people on this board are 12 year olds with down syndrome. I thought this board was home to people from Eastern European, Asian, Latin American, and African countries, not the liberal bourgeois west.

"Futurorojo" sounds like a Trotskyist traitor, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and respond to his pathetic post.

1) I called MLK a traitor to the black civil rights movement, and that he did nothing for blacks. MLK was a yankee-conspirator, not a black revolutionary. You want proof? Read his "I have a dream" speech":
This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring." And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania! Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado! Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California! But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia! Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee! Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

MLK is worshipped by white americans because he fought for white American interests. Is it acceptable for anyone calling himself a revolutionary to praise America?

Quote:
So even thinking that someone (and that could be myself) could critize MLK for anyreason, there is an appropiate way to do it; and what J Jordan has done is out of line. You can't speak that way, I've read several post J Jordan have done in several threads and this guy is an homofobic, racist, fascist shaped mind, guy.

2) I am not "homophobic" because I oppose homosexuality from a scientific point of view, I am not "afraid" of it for religious reasons. Personally it is a non-issue, but this "Gay Liberation" rubbish is something from the 90's, the communist/M-L movement has traditionally been against homosexuality.

3) I am probably the total opposite of a Fascist, unless you consider 150 years of Marxist-Leninist theory "fascist".
Last edited by J.Jordan on 17 Jun 2005, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no reason for the establishment to fear me. But it has every right to fear the people collectively -I am one with the people."-Huey Newton
Soviet cogitations: 614
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 12 Nov 2004, 23:24
Komsomol
Post 17 Jun 2005, 22:40
Cut the rascism and calling names - now. Take it to a PM if you have to, but I will not allow this conversation to continue under my moderation. You are acting like children and it will not be tolerated.
Party Bureaucrat
Post 18 Jun 2005, 04:06
Finally, a true comrade arrives to calm the seas.

I don't see whats particularly pro-white about his speech. MLK was trying to promote more social equality in america, which he saw as something not only beneficial but necessary to the fulfillment of america's promise to be a "land of the free." Unfourtunately, at many points during it's history America has turned it's back upon it's promises to it's people and has, well, generally f*cked things up rather than granting people freedom and equality. MLK was one of the most succesful reformers who have attempted to remind america of it's promise and unite the american people to get something done (which is something extremenly difficult to do). Although, from the viewpoint of a communist, he does have some faults, for instance his seemilngly naive belief in the possibility of reform and his faith in god. But, he played an active role rather than simply sitting back and waiting for god to strike them down, which i believe is a major flaw of most religious men. And he of course made huge andvances for minority groups in america without resorting to violence (Malcom X did have a part in this, but I won't go into that here. Besides, i don't know all too much about the civil rights movement anyway)
Soviet cogitations: 25
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Jun 2005, 00:28
Pioneer
Post 21 Jun 2005, 22:41
Well,
first I take some time to answer JJ post since I was flying back to europe this weekend, yeah that place who JJ called the burgoise west.
JJ you are the most pathetic guy ever I met before, you are a fascist and you don't ever realize of that.
I'm not answering nothing to a guy who use arguments like," every one else is 12 years old kids and retarded people", who speaks the most blatant ingnorancy and think there is scientific proves against homosexuality. So I'm just stating : I DON'T BACK OFF, J JORDAN is A FASCIST.
A better world is possible! Say NO to capitalism!
Soviet cogitations: 142
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Mar 2004, 23:00
Pioneer
Post 24 Jun 2005, 02:34
[Anna edit]
Forum Rules wrote:
Be civil and polite at all times, refrain from offensive characterizations against comrades, and direct your disagreements against opinions, not their adherents.

How many warnings must I give you?
[/Anna edit]
"There's no reason for the establishment to fear me. But it has every right to fear the people collectively -I am one with the people."-Huey Newton
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.