Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Stalin!?

POST REPLY
Soviet cogitations: 120
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Apr 2004, 12:44
Pioneer
Post 29 Apr 2004, 12:18
Komaroff wrote:
Back on the "Ruthless dictator" stuff again, are we. As usual when this sort of thing comes up, I'd point all comraades in the direction of "Lies Concerning the Soviet Union", which can now be found on this site under the History section.
Khrushchov did seem to the outside world to be a more friendly face for the USSR, and he was in charge during the great advancements of the space race etc. BUT there is no getting away from the fact that he was instrumental in the move back towards capitalism in the USSR. Sad, but true.


Lie to yourself, that Stalin was not a monster. The FACTS say otherwise. Lie to yourself he did not commit genocide. The FACTS say otherwise.

Speak about Kruschev all you wish. In Dzerhinsky square there is an office. In it's office, there is a large wooden chair, 'referred to by those in power as the chair' in that uncomfortable chair sits the most powerful people in the Soviet Union. They run the old KGB, now the GRU I believe. Behind that chair lies a corridor, lead lined. It runs to the detention cells. Kruschev supervised many 'interrogations' as did his predecessors.

Continue lying about all of those things. Facts speak far more eloquently.

Protocol.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1515
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 03 Apr 2004, 12:16
Party Member
Post 29 Apr 2004, 12:18
Protocol wrote:
How can ANYONE say such things? Stalin WAS a monster and a MASS murderer.


what he did was sending out his people to protect his country. i think when the germans were invading eastern europe stalin didnt think that the germans were going to have such a big attack on the russians. and yes there were a many deaths, but there were many more in japan and vietnam put together.
Image


one of the finest (and on going) motorbikes in russian history.
<- not a ural but a dnepr
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 866
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 05 Mar 2003, 16:07
Komsomol
Post 29 Apr 2004, 16:29
Quote:
I would just point out
that Stalin's use of patriotism during the Great Patriotic War
is a generally unmarxist thing to do.


Remember, Stalin did not call for the defense of Mother Russia but rather abstract "Rodina", or motherland. Which is quite close to Lenin's slogan "Vse na zaschitu socialisticheskogo otechestva!" ("Everybody on to the defense of the socialist fatherland!") of 1917 after signing peace with imperialist Germany was corrupted by Trotsky.

Quote:
Or Lenin's Will, which calls Stalin a "cook who can only create spicy dishes."


Pardon me? I read the so-called "Lenin's Will" in original and found nothing that would look like what you say.

Now two questions to Protocol:

1) Is "idiot" really your favorite word?

2) Is it REALLY so STYLISH in your opinion to write WORDS in all CAPITALS?

Quote:
I am SURE that none of those terrorists realised how bitterly the US would take such an attack and then mobilise themselves to respond.


Respond WHOM, eh? Attacking Iraq after 9/11 makes as much sense as invading Mexico after Pearl Harbor, NO?

Quote:
No one wishes to forget the 9/11 tragedy which is why you see signs, stickers, etc everywhere proclaiming that very thing.


Americans had been making money from blood for centuries. That's why you see all those signs and stickers around.

Quote:
Lie to yourself, that Stalin was not a monster. The FACTS say otherwise. Lie to yourself he did not commit genocide. The FACTS say otherwise.

Speak about Kruschev all you wish. In Dzerhinsky square there is an office. In it's office, there is a large wooden chair, 'referred to by those in power as the chair' in that uncomfortable chair sits the most powerful people in the Soviet Union. They run the old KGB, now the GRU I believe. Behind that chair lies a corridor, lead lined. It runs to the detention cells. Kruschev supervised many 'interrogations' as did his predecessors.


What are your FACTS that say OTHERWISE, eh? Some weird FAIRYTALES about TORTURING CELLS somewhere in RUSSIA? Have you ever actually SEEN them? In a DREAM, maybe? Khrushchev supervised interrogations and tortured PEOPLE? Did he tell you THAT in one of his PRIVATE TALKS?

Listen, man. While we really try to find out the truth and post some backed-up information on repressions and deportations you start making funny noise by calling good people idiots and then posting some bullshit that you, for some reason, call facts. Even Colin Powell's waving a test tube as if it was a magic wand in UN was much more convincing than your "facts". I would really be ashamed after behaving like that.
Image
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 9306
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 02 Mar 2004, 15:19
Ideology: Other Leftist
Old Bolshevik
Post 29 Apr 2004, 22:13
Papergut wrote:
Remember, Stalin did not call for the defense of Mother Russia but rather abstract "Rodina", or motherland. Which is quite close to Lenin's slogan "Vse na zaschitu socialisticheskogo otechestva!" ("Everybody on to the defense of the socialist fatherland!") of 1917 after signing peace with imperialist Germany was corrupted by Trotsky.

Rodina means Mother Russia if you translate it directly. Now I know a book of Stalin's speeches, memos and whatnot from World War 2 (Sovjet Union i Krig, J.V. Stalin) and there is a lot of patriotic rhetoric in it. I don't consider Stalin a communist, he was a pragmatic leader, who did do good things as well as bad things. But even the idea of Socialism in One country I find flawed. As well as the belief that Leninism should be used the exactly the same in every country as it was used in Russia.

"There are some that say Leninism is marxism used in the special relations of Russia. In this definition lies a part of the truth, but does not containt the whole truth. It is more correct that Leninism was used in a Russian reality, and used in a masterful way. But if Leninism wasn't something more than marxism changed for the special conditions in Rusia, it would then be a purely national and exclusively national tool. Now we know that Leninism is an international tool, and that it has it's roots in the international development as a whole, that this is not exclusively a Russian tool. Therefore it is my opinion that this definition is too one-sided."
Lecture at the Sverdlov University, beginning of April 1924, J. Stalin
Taken from "Spørsmål i Leninismen (Issues of Leninism), Forlaget Oktober, 1976 Oslo. excuse my translation, it is not perfect, but it gets the main idea across.

This I think is incorrect, because development of socialism and communism must be done according to the historical basis of each country. This is the ideological foundation on which many of the problems of the soviet union came forth. and for the communist movement as a whole.

Quote:

Pardon me? I read the so-called "Lenin's Will" in original and found nothing that would look like what you say.
Then it's entirely possible my memory is remembering a different one of Lenin's works. But I don't think so, perhaps your version was censored of this. Who published yours and when?
Image

Fitzy wrote:
Yes, because I am poisoning them. They are my children.
Soviet cogitations: 572
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Jan 2004, 19:01
Komsomol
Post 30 Apr 2004, 04:00
Hi all.

I'd just like to come in here really quick and mention something.

Anti-Americanism, depending on your definition, is a reactionary view and quite stupid in the long term.

By Anti-Americanism, I am referring to being against Americans, America, and the American government, and everything that is "America"

There is no justification for terrorist attacks against civilians, no-matter what the symbolic importance of the attack or the attacked objects may be. Those who stand by and support such acts of horrendous violence against innocent civilians and the resounding emotional distresses that they caused amongst their relatives, also stand in support of the repressive regimes in the western oligarchies that have taken advantage of the situation to further the movement towards state fascism and the complete annulment of civil and political rights. Furthermore, including the afformented, those who support such acts are also in support of religious fundamentalist regimes and their campaigns against civil and political rights, and ultimately, their campaigns against intellectual freedoms alltogether.

Those who stand by these actions are not marxists, socialists, communists, or even progressives in any way or fashion. They are the reactionaries or the direct supporters of the groups that benefit from such actions, of whom we acknowledge there are many, all of whom should be considered the enemy to progressive thinking and progressive social and political work.

Being against a country's government is one thing, but being against a country, it's people, it's language, and it's culture-- and going so far as to support all actions taken that damage any part of this -- is another totally different thing.
Soviet cogitations: 775
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Feb 2004, 19:28
Komsomol
Post 30 Apr 2004, 12:37
Quote:
it's language, and it's culture


What culture is that?
Image

Victory to communism!!!
Soviet cogitations: 1350
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Jan 2003, 15:32
Ideology: None
Webmaster
Post 30 Apr 2004, 18:28
Petrovich wrote:
Anti-Americanism, depending on your definition, is a reactionary view and quite stupid in the long term.


Anti-Americanism has always been a problem on Soviet-Empire.com, people like easy scapegoats.

It's for that reason that I made this image a few years ago, playing on Bill Clinton's famous campain slogan:

Image


Nationalism does have a tendency to blinker people.
Image
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 9306
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 02 Mar 2004, 15:19
Ideology: Other Leftist
Old Bolshevik
Post 30 Apr 2004, 21:56
Istrebitel wrote:
Quote:
it's language, and it's culture


What culture is that?

An example of blinkering. American culture is quite a blend, musically jazz, gospel, rock, and hiphop stem from america. hip hop is a culture all of it's own.

Each region has it's own culture in america, perhaps not as well-defined as older cultures. But believing it has none, is a foolish thing to do, and will present you as a fool to anyone you argue with. You wouldn't want that would you?
Image

Fitzy wrote:
Yes, because I am poisoning them. They are my children.
Soviet cogitations: 890
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Feb 2004, 19:46
Komsomol
Post 30 Apr 2004, 22:08
Have you ever wondered what kind of culture would develop in the USA if the blacks weren't brought there?
thank you for letting me be myself and you be yours
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 9306
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 02 Mar 2004, 15:19
Ideology: Other Leftist
Old Bolshevik
Post 30 Apr 2004, 22:14
no I haven't, I don't consider it a racial thing. Well in a way it is, since the blacks did wholly make up the slave class, and generally make up the poorest classes in America. But there are examples of white culture in the theatre and other things which no one below middle class can afford to pay attention to.
Image

Fitzy wrote:
Yes, because I am poisoning them. They are my children.
Soviet cogitations: 775
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Feb 2004, 19:28
Komsomol
Post 01 May 2004, 02:16
Come on that is europien culture. jazz is not culture.

btw Nair congratulations for entering EU
Image

Victory to communism!!!
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 9306
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 02 Mar 2004, 15:19
Ideology: Other Leftist
Old Bolshevik
Post 01 May 2004, 08:46
well if you want to write off any form of art that originates in Europe first, then that would mean art exists only in Europe and that Chinese opera is european, as well as persian carpets just being a cheap rip-off of the european style.

Entering the EU is entering an organisation that will turn your workers into slaves.
Image

Fitzy wrote:
Yes, because I am poisoning them. They are my children.
Soviet cogitations: 890
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Feb 2004, 19:46
Komsomol
Post 01 May 2004, 09:50
wheelchairman wrote:
Entering the EU is entering an organisation that will turn your workers into slaves.


Exactly.
Last edited by Nutter Joe on 22 Jul 2005, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.
thank you for letting me be myself and you be yours
Soviet cogitations: 1526
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Jan 2004, 10:30
Party Member
Post 01 May 2004, 19:14
not excactly, not for long
payments will rise in the east, so happy german directors wont be happy for much longer

anyway, i look towards political union
Image
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 9306
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 02 Mar 2004, 15:19
Ideology: Other Leftist
Old Bolshevik
Post 01 May 2004, 20:51
Nair al-Saif wrote:
No shit, Sherlock...
Slovenians were always servants for other people. That's why i'll be voting for the national party.


Well you see I had no idea if Istrebitel was being sarcastic or if he was not.

Either way nationalism is generally a bad path to walk on for the workers. But I don't know the political situation in Slovenia well enough to say.
Image

Fitzy wrote:
Yes, because I am poisoning them. They are my children.
Soviet cogitations: 88
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 15 May 2005, 02:41
Pioneer
Post 26 May 2005, 01:50
I think a major problem with Stalin is thats its very hard to find a non biased book or resourse about him. Ive read a lot and i dont mind Stalin, in fact I think he was important to the expansion and strenthining of the soviet system, im rather a fan of his.
Soviet cogitations: 142
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Mar 2004, 23:00
Pioneer
Post 14 Jun 2005, 18:52
Everyone who says "anti-americanism is stupid", tell us, who are the ones exploiting the worlds resources? Who are the people wasting 90% of the worlds resources on themselves, whilst billions starve?

Yankees, Japan, Israel, and Western Europe. So I say the primary struggle should be against the first world, it's right to hate American's, they live off the worlds labour!
"There's no reason for the establishment to fear me. But it has every right to fear the people collectively -I am one with the people."-Huey Newton
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 3508
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Jun 2005, 23:39
Politburo
Post 23 Aug 2005, 09:13
Stop blaming the Americans for godsake - blame their administration! And what is your country J.Jordan? Some "Yankee" country perhaps?!
Image

'Soviet-Empire. 500% more methods than other leading brands.'
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 4698
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Jun 2005, 23:41
Politburo
Post 23 Aug 2005, 09:38
J.Jordan: If it wasn't the US dominating the world economy and growing fat of the fruits of other nations' labour, there would be another nation filling the same role. As is the nature of mixed-market capitalism. Not one person is responsible for upholding the system, everyone is. But it is no solution to merely "nuke" them as you have previously suggested. I think that the world's population is more useful alive.
Image

Winner of the Who Is My Baby's Daddy? Mazenov Award
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 3508
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Jun 2005, 23:39
Politburo
Post 27 Aug 2005, 02:34
You seem to hate a lot of people J.Jordan.
Image

'Soviet-Empire. 500% more methods than other leading brands.'
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.
cron