Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Why was homosexuality relegalised in the USSR?

POST REPLY
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 172
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 28 Feb 2012, 16:12
Ideology: Left Communism
Pioneer
Post 05 Jun 2012, 12:47
Political Interest wrote:
And if we do not want to accept homosexuality in mainstream society who is to tell us otherwise?


Conservatism is a pernicious disease: Fortunately, it can be cured. By education and propaganda, by forceful re-education or by the tried-and-true 'no man, no problem' method.
Cm'on baby, eat the rich!!! - Motörhead
Loz
[+-]
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 11879
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 06 Dec 2009, 23:17
Philosophized
Post 05 Jun 2012, 12:59
Quote:
By education and propaganda, by forceful re-education or by the tried-and-true 'no man, no problem' method.

Is this a parody of Red Scare propaganda?
Re-education doesn't mean shit unless there are real material and other factors that come into play, that make "conservatism" simply incompatibile with the new order.
I don't see how any brainwashing can make me "see" that homosexuality is as normal as heterosexuality (in the context of both being recognized as "equal" in legal terms), and what's more important, i don't see how that has anything to do with socialism and communism whatsoever.
Homosexuality, even today, is the last thing on the minds of most communists east of the "Iron curtain".
Soviet cogitations: 2407
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 01 Nov 2003, 13:17
Ideology: Other
Forum Commissar
Post 05 Jun 2012, 18:36
Quote:
Conservatism is a pernicious disease: Fortunately, it can be cured. By education and propaganda, by forceful re-education or by the tried-and-true 'no man, no problem' method.


The trouble for you with that is that there is a type of person who refuses to be educated. Also there comes a point where the no man, no problem method can only go so far and where the army, navy and air force cannot fight the people.
Soviet cogitations: 2051
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Jun 2011, 08:37
Party Bureaucrat
Post 05 Jun 2012, 18:47
I think people who obsess with gay sex probably spend more time thinking and talking about it than actual gay people do.
Soviet America is Free America!

Under communism, there is no freedom; you are not free to live in poverty, be homeless, to be without an education, to starve, or to be without a job
Soviet cogitations: 2407
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 01 Nov 2003, 13:17
Ideology: Other
Forum Commissar
Post 05 Jun 2012, 19:10
Quote:
I think people who obsess with gay sex probably spend more time thinking and talking about it than actual gay people do.


Not really. For me it is only relevant here because we are discussing it.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1020
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 20 Jul 2011, 15:17
Party Member
Post 05 Jun 2012, 19:20
Political Interest wrote:
And if we do not want to accept homosexuality in mainstream society who is to tell us otherwise?


Do you also think that a society in which the majority is racist or sexist should also be permitted to legally discriminate against minorities or a particular gender?
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 4465
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 30 Mar 2010, 01:20
Ideology: None
Forum Commissar
Post 06 Jun 2012, 01:22
KlassWar wrote:
Conservatism is a pernicious disease: Fortunately, it can be cured. By education and propaganda, by forceful re-education or by the tried-and-true 'no man, no problem' method.

While I agree that conservatism isn't a healthy thing, I'm not sure if you can fix a thing like prejudice and intolerance with bullets.


Loz wrote:
Homosexuality, even today, is the last thing on the minds of most communists east of the "Iron curtain".
It might not be a first priority for communists, but that doesn't mean that it isn't something we should concern ourselves with.
Soviet cogitations: 1
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 17 Mar 2013, 21:20
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 17 Mar 2013, 21:49
Jim Profit wrote:
That's a good question. I don't believe it does. But I'm apparently in the minority with that. Homosexuals are more then just deviants, and outright sociopaths who would stab you in the back, given half the chance. There will never be a successful revolution as long as they are considered "equals".

The concern of communism should only be the abolishment of private enterprise and the abuses that come with it. Eventually such measures will breed a better world. All the rhetoric about gay rights, women rights, is arm chair liberal crap invented by the right wing to turn the left against each other, and it's apparently done a fine job. Homosexuality isn't new, it isn't rebellious. It went on a lot in ancient Rome. Which was hardly a proletariat's dream state. It's suffice to say the more bourgeois a nation is, the more sexually indulgent it's going to be. I'd like for nothing more then to put hormone suppressants in the water. Because what use would sex have in the revolution? It's merely a recreational activity if not for procreation. So homosexuals are by pure logic of deduction, doing it for purely selfish reasons. It goes to prove a lot about their character, that it's all they can think about. They don't care about the workers, the oppressed, the disenfranchised, or even their own families. Only themselves... if that.

Marx himself never mentioned homosexuals, and Stalin wasn't the only communist to oppose homosexuality. If you ask me, Stalin didn't go nearly far enough. He should have made it plainly obvious that homosexuals have no place in the red world. Sex is unlike any other decadence, in that is actively requires the exploitation of others. "Consent" is an abstract. It doesn't change the fact that as a whole, sex is more destructive then narcotics. If people want to feel good, and escape reality, take a drug of some sort. At least then you're only hurting yourself. Not corrupting the rest of society, dragging it down with you, spreading diseases, and expecting others to adhere to a backward system.

Only capitalism has to gain from homosexuality. Think about it. What does capitalism market most? Sex. Viagra, prostitution, condoms, magazines that depict sexual acts, movies that talk about sex, books on how to be good at sex, pornography, strip clubs, gay bars, there isn't a moment in the western time zone that isn't devoted to sticking your junk in one hole or another. And meanwhile there are people that think opposing homosexuality, and all in all, ALL sexuality is "reactionary".


Well this is most disgusting, idiotic and stupid post i have ever seen in a message board. Its full with insults and nothing else. This guy absolutely has no difference than a "black-hating" KKK member. Homosexuals are NOT deviant or sociopaths. Homosexuality does NOT change your character. Its homophobes who are deviants and sociopoaths. Well because humans tend to use their brain and if you donti you are a deviant. Sociopaths are those who think about themselves and never care about other's pain..

First of all, this stupid guy thinks "homosexuality is only sex". So homosexuality is only about sex and nothing else. Actually it isnt. A homosexual is just like a male with a female sexual orientation or female with a male sexual orientation... A homosexual loves, attracts to someone. A 14 years old homosexual boy just like the boy in his class, he likes talking to him, he thinks about him, he wants to hold his hand, he feels better when he talks to him.. Its no different than being a heterosexual or whatever. Some homosexuals might be sexomaniacs but some heteros can also be.

Sex is not a leisure activity. Man this guy is truly an asshole with no brains. SEX is a NEED, its a biological need of human being. If someone doesnt have sex for a while, his/her psychology will go down, his health will be effected. Its a fact.

To have sex, or to love someone is NOT selfishness. Its a need. And even if was, it has no harm. So this is like saying "eating ice-cream is selfish"

What a moron man. One can spread disease with heterosexual sex also. And homosexuals dont think about anyone else? I know a homosexual guy who is trying to look after his family of a mother, a disabled father and 2 little brothers. I know homosexuals who are in the jail for defending the rights of opressed minorities in Turkey. Being homosexual has nothing to do with your character of life view. Your hateful and ignorant head must be squished like a worm.

Homosexualist is a not a choice, its not a disease or anything else. Consider a gay kid who understand his feeling at the age of 13 or 14. He is all alone in a homophobic world. His parents are homophobes, his friends in the school, people in the street. He has to hear homophobic remarks from his friends allt he time and keep silent. While his friends date with girls, live their love and have their sex life or romantic lifes freely he always have to be in a hidden jail, and he has to sit and watch them. He can never have a boyfriend to love or to have sex with unless he is lucky. He can only go to internet and seek someone.

Go look at those teen boys and girls and all their lifes revolves around who dates who, who lilkes who, who kisses who. And gay teens can never do this, they have to live a lie. While they have to hear all the homophobic hate speech and insults from people whom he love. And if someday his parents discover this he might be kicked to streets after all those painful years...

What a hell we created for them?

Anyone who is homophoba is a fragging sociopath and also an idiot. Idiot because listen this: You train a dog to behave like this or that and the dog never judges or reasons what he was trained for. These guys are like dogs, they were told that being gay is bad and now they cant judge it.

Just read this guys post about women:

"Women are genetically and culturally the petite bourgeoise. Their entire lives revolve around materialism. Whether it be "things" such as shoes, clothes, makeup, or "appearance", such as who they're with, their weight, how others view them. Women have a dangerous amount of narcissism. And while SOME women may not be like that, I'm sure SOME lions would not maul me. But I'd keep a lion caged or far away from me all the same, wouldn't I? Why do we treat women any differently?"

This sick guy is a sociopath, here are the signs.

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 80
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Aug 2011, 21:51
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Pioneer
Post 04 Aug 2013, 22:14
All of the last post !^^^^^^^^^^^

comerades!

I fear some of the homophobia i have read in this thread could turn a LGBT person wanting to find out more about communists away from Communist ideals and the class struggle.Thank god(though i'm not a believer)that many others showed a more understanding view.I was extremely surprised to read how some people are called "Deviant","sociopaths", not normal, ineffectual at rearing children and - What if i don't want to accept homosexuality-or words to that effect.Homosexuality is as normal as hetrosexuality or transexuality and nothing you do or say will change someone who has this,whether you electric shock them,drug them,imprison, torture them or whatever.

1.It is non of your effing business what other conscenting adults need...yes *need* to do.If you feel so strongly against LGBT people or hetrosexual people for that matter, like the way some Radfeminazis do then you are the one who has an underlying problem!
2.http://www.care2.com/causes/gay-parents ... efits.html
3.We all make mistakes, we are only human ,god i have had plenty of negative attitudes in the past myself and needed someone older or wiser to show me. We must all unite against the ruling class and *all* forms of oppression.

Progressives should be progressive !!
Soviet cogitations: 12389
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Ideology: None
Philosophized
Post 04 Aug 2013, 22:30
Unfortunately, the Tsarist conservatism that reared its head in these anti-gay measures during Soviet times has come to full fruition in modern bourgeois Russia. All sorts of hideous anti-gay, anti-atheist measures have passed recently on strongman Putin's watch.
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
Soviet cogitations: 78
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Nov 2014, 02:42
Pioneer
Post 16 Nov 2014, 13:59
I think Jim Profit hit the nail pretty well. For a Communist, we can't let ourselves be distracted by all the weirdness out there. I mean, on a personal level, I don't care if someone wants to be gay. But I am tired of seeing other people, straight OR gay, make their sexuality my business. Keep your damned pecker in your pants and if you have the need to play with it, or let someone else play with it, I'll let you borrow US$45 and you can go find a frigging room! Just be sure to repay me on payday.

I'm not here to fight for someone's right to hump. Forgive me, but who you hump is none of my business, and I wish you wouldn't make it my business. I don't think there is any connection between humping and the struggle for a better society. The fact is that a moral society should require that sexuality be strictly in the private realm. Jim got it right when he said that in our capitalist world, God, EVERYTHING is sex, sex, sex, sex,sex! It's impossible to get away from women being half naked everywhere you go! Well, I should not have to see all these half naked women. It insults me not only politically, but religiously as well.

In the new post-Revolutionary world, we should be striving to bring up consciously moral, revolutionary young people. Teaching them a vice like homosexuality, which leads to unhappiness, unstable homelife, and disease is NO way to start. I'm not in a mood to go out and "hunt down all the homos". That's just stupid. Let people be whatever they want to be. But we should not encourage such a vice, no.

People should be taught a wholesome morality. Public morality should be enforced such that the traditional family is encouraged. A father, a mother, and children should be encouraged. Large families especially should be encouraged. The more children, the more benefits one should get from the State. The USSR used to grant awards to women who had more children. The highest was given to a woman who had ten children for the Motherland. I think such a program should be instituted here.

So, Jim, I agree with you on a certain level. Homosexuality is immoral, and should NOT be encouraged. I don't think it should be punished, but it should be kept private. Then again, ALL sexuality is a bedroom matter, and should more or less be kept that way. I am so tired of hearing about what people do with their parts! Public expression of any sexuality should be forbidden if it goes beyond respectable PDA. I've had about enough of the dry-humping in public. Its effing gross! And it makes me want to vomit! Keep it to your own damn selves, people!

Do homosexuals have a part to play in the Revolution? Yes, they do. As long as they can control their sexuality to comport themselves within the norms of public morality, then they can be just as good a Communist as anyone else. But a homosexual should be a Communist for the same reason that anyone is a Communist, namely, to usher in the Dictatorship of the Proletariat, and eventually bring about a classless society. Who they hump should have nothing to do with it, and should be a private matter altogether that is never brought up.
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 14448
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Sep 2006, 22:05
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Philosophized
Post 16 Nov 2014, 14:25
That post was positively lewd. The wording.

So we're supposed to tell little gay kids that their feelings are morally wrong? Killer. Next you'll be talking about the gay agenda and how they're trying to convert our God-fearing children. I don't like atheist cosmopolitan jerks or moralist society police, communists are better than both.
Image
Soviet cogitations: 78
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Nov 2014, 02:42
Pioneer
Post 16 Nov 2014, 14:46
Quote:
I don't like atheist cosmopolitan jerks or moralist society police, communists are better than both.


I am neither of the first two. In fact, I am indeed a Communist. But do I believe that we have to have people to enforce the moral codes upon which society is built. I don't think we have to tell "gay kids" much of anything. I would suggest to you that that is their issue to worry about. Let them discuss it with their parents and with a therapist if necessary, all behind closed doors. I don't personally want to deal with the matter. And if I have a child that is gay, then it is my responsibility to make sure said child receives the help he needs if any. It is damn sure not the responsibility of the State or the tax-paying public. And yes, I do think that the substance of Putin's law is actually a wise one. However, I think it may go a little further than it needs to. i think public discussion of homosexuality should in fact be banned, especially when children are present. But when a child comes to an adult and says, 'Oh my God, I think I'm gay!', that adult needs to be able to help said child without fear of being arrested.
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 14448
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Sep 2006, 22:05
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Philosophized
Post 16 Nov 2014, 15:16
You think a gay kid is just going to admit he's gay, like it's no big deal when it clearly is such a big deal you're not even allowed to talk about it, and he'll just be accepted/tolerated? Seems doubtful to say the least. And besides nobody ever became gay because they heard adults discussing the idea of it. Not ever.

Your whole attitude here is plainly silly when it isn't puritanically selfish. You claim to be a communist on one hand and then endorse a patriarichal society on the other seemingly because non-straights make you uncomfortable. So which is it, do you care for oppression or do you not? Communists don't throw pride parades, or blow smoke up bourgeoisie gay men's butts, we simply refuse to engage active maintenance of sexual oppression. You would have us rather force gays, through social pressure, to hide their feelings from everyone else or confine themselves to the realms of underground "hidden" perversion (where even greater spiritual harm will come down upon them).

For the record I support banning the ability of western NGOs to mess with your internal politics through a big gay Trojan horse, which was the justification for Russia's legislation regarding "gay propaganda". However this doesn't mean that people have to hide their sexuality and confine it to bedrooms as though it is a dirty thing best kept hidden. I may consider flaunting sexuality to be uncouth and generally gross no matter who it is, but I have the ability to look away and ignore things that don't affect me. It's not so easy to look away from or ignore that your whole society is calling you a degenerate, one who is so vile his very existence cannot be mentioned to children lest he poison their fragile minds.

God did not put you in charge of Judgement, nor me. He reserves that for himself and you should trust in Him more.
Image
Soviet cogitations: 78
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Nov 2014, 02:42
Pioneer
Post 16 Nov 2014, 15:41
Good heavens, would you stop with the whiny statements.
In a truly Communist society, a visit to a therapist would be paid for by the State. Therefore, a "gay kid'' would have access to talk to someone especially trained to deal with such matters, and any young person would be encouraged to take such personal matters to a therapist, if they did not feel comfortable talking about them to anyone else. And education in our society would teach parents and others that there is nothing wrong with a child wanting to speak to a professional for any reason, stated or not.

The Revolution is more than just about changing the government. it is about changing the whole way we think. And tolerance for those who need mental assistance, whether it be just talk therapy, or outright psychiatric care, is one of those things we have to develop. I know this. I get both. Not because I am gay (I am not) but for many other reasons.

There is no shame in being gay. But there is shame in being deviant about it. Don't let it interfere with the Revolution. Personally, I do consider it a mental issue, much like Bipolar Disorder, and so-forth. But whether it is or isn't, and I am open to being wrong about the idea, you should still not express yourself sexually in public, with a man or a woman. Keep your nasty behaviour to yourself. Do it in private, where it is not nasty, but simply private behaviour between you and whoever you are with.

DiSCLAIMER: When I speak of the Revolution and changing the Government, I am NOT advocating violent overthrow of the State, but changing the Government through peaceful means. Thank you.
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 208
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 30 May 2009, 19:37
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Pioneer
Post 16 Nov 2014, 16:49
Yaakov001 wrote:
Keep your nasty behaviour to yourself.


What is the nasty behaviour you said about? While I agree that Communist shouldn't care about sexuality, but your choice of words is quite... In Medieval East Asian, boy and girl cannot hold hand when in public, so you said that is "nasty" too?

Dagoth Ur wrote:
However this doesn't mean that people have to hide their sexuality and confine it to bedrooms as though it is a dirty thing best kept hidden.


Agree, but I think gay people cannot feel comfortable when talking about their sexuality, because they are minority and different from "default human". For example, I cannot talk openly about my anime watching hobby, even it isn't looked down on in our country.
"Stalin brought us up — on loyalty to the people, He inspired us to labor and to heroism!" Soviet Anthem 1944.
Let's work hard and do valorous deed!
Soviet cogitations: 78
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Nov 2014, 02:42
Pioneer
Post 16 Nov 2014, 17:19
I consider overtly sexualised behaviour in public to be nasty. There is no need whatsoever to dry-hump each other in public, I don't care what the genders involved are. Go find an effing room! I'll even lend you the US$45 to do so. Just pay me back on payday. Keep your nastiness some place where it is NOT nastiness. Sex, in and of itself, is natural and not nasty at all. But when it is done in full view of the public, it is nasty, and needs to be stopped. Anybody who behaves in that kind of deviant fashion should indeed be arrested for, as they call it in Russia, "hooliganism". At the point where it becomes offensive to the public, it should be illegal. And it should not be televised either, as it is on programs like "Jersey Shore". It seems that the whole purpose of that show was/is (I don't know if its still on) to see how drunk the participants could get, and then how many different people they could screw in a single night. It was disgusting. I watched one part of one episode, long enough to determine that every single person involved in the making of said show should have been arrested and sent to Labour Reform. Maybe honest work would have taught them decency and civilised behaviour. When they were not working, they could have been educated in proper manners.

I am simply astounded by the fact that Americans (and many other cultures, but especially ours) tolerate that kind of filth on our TV sets, in our music, in public on street corners, and everywhere else. If America can't be Communist yet, then at least they should go back to some good old WASP (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) Victorian ethics! Minus all the racist, imperialist crap, of course.
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 1078
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Sep 2013, 03:08
Ideology: Trotskyism
Party Member
Post 16 Nov 2014, 18:51
Yaakov001 wrote:
Teaching them a vice like homosexuality, which leads to unhappiness, unstable homelife, and disease is NO way to start.

Image


Hi Fred, good to have you back. It's the old "the gays are recruiting" thing again. And seriously, prove... any of that.
Aside from the disease part, and AIDS infects more black straight people than it does gay people today. The reason for both is exactly this attitude: the victims just not being cared about, being seen as less than human, and having to fear coming out as infected due to the social pressures around them.

Right now, gay people want to settle down and get married, while straight people are idealizing a promiscuous perpetual-bachelor Charlie Sheen-type lifestyle. There's actually been a lot of commentary on this in the past 2 decades, how gay people want "the straight lifestyle" as straight people want what was called (in the 80s) "the gay lifestyle."

Quote:
The USSR used to grant awards to women who had more children. The highest was given to a woman who had ten children for the Motherland. I think such a program should be instituted here.

With absolutely no concern for how they're treated? Because that could easily result in ten neglected children with not enough resources to take care of them all.

Quote:
And tolerance for those who need mental assistance, whether it be just talk therapy, or outright psychiatric care, is one of those things we have to develop.

The problem lies in thinking gay people "need mental assistance." You've also reiterated that you view it as a mental disorder, like bipolar disorder. Speaking as someone with bipolar disorder, I find the comparison both vaguely offensive and kind of hilarious. Some guys happen to be attracted to other guys. Some girls happen to be attracted to other girls. Most scientists would agree it's genetic. Why shove them into get-rid-of-the-gay brainwashing therapy, which has never been proven to work anyway, to take that away from them? Why does it make you, personally, so uncomfortable?

Quote:
If America can't be Communist yet, then at least they should go back to some good old WASP (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant) Victorian ethics!

I'd rather not keep everyone repressed out of some false sense of piety, and an elitist class structure where more bland = more respected. That's Victorian ethics.

I don't like obnoxious, in-your-face public sexuality either. But I wouldn't tar homosexuality itself as "disgusting" over it, and would consider mass repression even worse for everyone involved, psychologically and physically.
Last edited by MissStrangelove on 17 Nov 2014, 00:24, edited 6 times in total.
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 5151
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Nov 2007, 06:31
Embalmed
Post 16 Nov 2014, 18:53
Quote:
In fact, I am indeed a Communist. But do I believe that we have to have people to enforce the moral codes upon which society is built.

You're not a communist, you're a (social) chauvinist. Your moral codes are reactionary.

You are no doubt some weird soviet patriot/Stalinist conservative rather than a Marxist, thus your homophobia.
Image
Loz
[+-]
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 11879
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 06 Dec 2009, 23:17
Philosophized
Post 16 Nov 2014, 19:13
In fact he's an American Zionist.
Why is he still allowed to post here anyway after all the shit he wrote.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.
cron