Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Do you watch TV news?

Do you watch TV news?

Yes, it is my main source of current affairs
7%
Yes, but I put it into context with other sources
28%
Only if I feel like being lied to
17%
No, I stay informed by newspapers and other printed media
3%
No, I stay informed by online sources
45%
Ignorance is bliss
No votes

Total votes : 29
Soviet cogitations: 238
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 12 Jun 2011, 15:14
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Pioneer
Post 23 Feb 2014, 00:46
Usually I get information from internet sources. But occasionally, I get news from Free Speech TV, Link TV, and sometimes RT. I especially watch Democracy Now, more than any television news show.
Soviet cogitations: 10737
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Dec 2004, 23:53
Philosophized
Post 26 Feb 2014, 05:46
I watch RT every week or two. Does the best job of any major news outlet of covering activism in the USA.

"By what standard of morality can the violence used by a slave to break his chains be considered the same as the violence of a slave master?" - Walter Rodney
Soviet cogitations: 54
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 May 2014, 02:13
Pioneer
Post 22 May 2014, 04:53
I enjoy RT but unfortunately my I don't get it on my otherwise great cable plan so I just watch RT on Youtube and Live on their website. RT does really well at explaining a wide variety of stories that are ommited from the mainstream news becuase it doesn't support the Fox/CNN/Msnbc narrative. There interviewers push back and ask tough questions. The only issue is when what they report comes in conflict with their financial supporter Russia. A conflict of interest can arise there as we see with Ukriane, however they still provide a more accurate picture even if many of the opinion pieces are somewhat bias and they usually bring on both sides even when they do show bias. Also sometimes they are just as right wing as they are left wing by bringing on libertarians are others of that sort. Still far superior to any other mainstream News outlet. When I watch RT I usually watch Peter Lavelle's "Cross Talk" Abby Martin's "Breaking the Set" Thom Harman's "The Big Picture", and Larry King's shows. I also occasionally check out George Galloway's "Sputnik" although I'm finding the topics to be getting less and less interesting even though they were really good to start off with.

CTV covers really well straight news regarding Canadia and Vancouver but that's just it. Straight news, with little if any political discussion atall.

Other than that it's purely Online news for me. I do check out The Young Turks even though I'm much further left than they are (being a Marxist-Leninist) partially because they choose interesting stories and partially because I want to know what the mainstream liberals are saying about an issue before I research further.

I also check out Jason Unruhe's "Maoist Rebel News" channel on Youtube even though I'm not a Maoist, I still find some of his perspectives quite interesting and he brings up interesting stories.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1277
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Sep 2011, 13:51
Party Member
Post 22 May 2014, 20:57
I watch Al-Manar, RT, CNN, BBC, PRESS TV, CCTV, al Jazeera, and Euronews on TV; then I try putting those into conext with everything else that is online.

For local news I read the papers as well.

My laws shall act more pleasure than command,
And with my prick I'll govern all the land.
mzk
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 11
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 05 Nov 2014, 19:48
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 11 Nov 2014, 22:22
Yeqon wrote:
I watch Al-Manar, RT, CNN, BBC, PRESS TV, CCTV, al Jazeera, and Euronews on TV; then I try putting those into conext with everything else that is online.

For local news I read the papers as well.

I Would cross CNN of that list, lately i can't find any useful information in there.

My main source is Al Jazeera and RT
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.