Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

New civil war in America?

Do you think a new civil war might break out in America?

Yes
31%
No
67%
Other
3%

Total votes : 39
Soviet cogitations: 12
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Aug 2011, 03:33
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 17 Dec 2012, 03:47
no, the demographics are starting to lean too heavily against the republicans. inequality has gone as far as it's going to, and now we start to swing back.
Soviet cogitations: 14448
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Sep 2006, 22:05
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Philosophized
Post 17 Dec 2012, 04:02
The republicans aren't the one party of inequality. The democrats make things worse too. Kennedy started Vietnam and Clinton dismantled welfare. It's a mystery to me why there are any communists who don't hate the democrats just like the republicans.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1782
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2009, 20:08
Resident Artist
Post 26 Dec 2012, 00:07
Dagoth Ur wrote:
The republicans aren't the one party of inequality. The democrats make things worse too. Kennedy started Vietnam and Clinton dismantled welfare. It's a mystery to me why there are any communists who don't hate the democrats just like the republicans.

Eisenhower started it, actually but LBJ pretty much expanded it. It's funny how so-called "progressives" support the Reganite policies just because the President has a 'D' in front of him. Mainstream politics pissed me off to the point of apathy because there's too many idiots that give legitimacy to Western governments. All I do now is troll these a-holes online because most of them are too deep in their backsides. I'm still hoping that the financial crisis and increasing economic exploitation causes an awakening in the public but they're too lazy to ever make a change like the previous generations.
Soviet cogitations: 716
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Aug 2007, 23:25
Komsomol
Post 04 Jan 2013, 20:11
If by "civil war" you mean alongside the lines of the first American Civil War, then definitely no.
A new civil war, or even a resurgence of the South, is extremely doubtful and improbable in my view. And, even though it would weaken the USA, I wouldn't be supportive of it either. Bear in mind that the greatest American lunatics mostly live in the states that would deem themselves the South. It would bring little benefit to anyone, and the US would easily crush such a rebellion.

A class war, that would be another story. Although at this moment I see little sign of an upcoming Revolution in a country like the US.

"Communism is more about love for mankind than about politics."
Me
Philosophized
Post 04 Jan 2013, 21:40
Comparing a new civil war with either of America's two previous ones makes no sense. The South was only a side in the Civil War because it had economic power. The sides in a modern civil war are determined by which sides have the capital.
Soviet cogitations: 8
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Jan 2013, 11:40
Ideology: Other
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 22 Jan 2013, 15:10
Not really, but unless all American people open eyes to stand against their government. Wall Street and many other riots lately are beggining.
Philosophized
Post 22 Jan 2013, 20:38
Any revolution, in any direction, will be a civil war in America. We're too divided for anything else.
Soviet cogitations: 2051
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Jun 2011, 08:37
Party Bureaucrat
Post 26 Jan 2013, 18:34
I doubt a civil war would occur, but a splintering of the country could be entirely possible.
Soviet America is Free America!

Under communism, there is no freedom; you are not free to live in poverty, be homeless, to be without an education, to starve, or to be without a job
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.