Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

A Question for U.S. Comrades

Do you plan on voting in the 2012 election?

Yes, I plan on voting for Obama.
10%
Yes, I plan on voting for Romney.
5%
Yes, I plan on voting for a third-party candidate. (Who?)
30%
No, I do not plan on voting.
40%
Other
15%

Total votes : 20
Soviet cogitations: 1201
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 09 May 2008, 14:59
Ideology: Other Leftist
Forum Commissar
Post 29 Jun 2012, 01:59
Dagoth Ur wrote:
Voting for either of them is an endorsement of the two-party system. You don't need to vote to live either and neither option will kill us. Both will make our lives worse.

Once again, I'm not advocating for voting for either of them. There are other options, which is what I've been saying this whole time.

Forum Rules

Red_Son: Bob Avakian is the Glenn Beck of communism.
"Le prolétariat; c'est moi." - King Indigo XIV
Soviet cogitations: 238
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 12 Jun 2011, 15:14
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Pioneer
Post 29 Jun 2012, 02:17
Dagoth Ur wrote:
Claiming that voting is a worthwhile activity can only restore faith in parliaments or at the very least lends credibility to voted-for parties. Not voting is a far louder condemnation of our system than voting for lesser evils.

I believe in voting, no matter if it accomplishes anything or not, for the same reason my father gives for tipping, even if the waiter was lousy. He told me that if you don't tip at all, the waiter might just think that you might have forgotten. But if you only tip a few cents, then the waiter should know that you remembered, and were not satisfied. So I'm hoping that if a bunch of people vote for a third party candidate of the left, such as Dr. Stein, the Democrats will take notice, and give more consideration to progressive opinion.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.