Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Should male circumcision be illegal?

Should male circumcision be illegal?

Yes
47%
No
50%
Other
3%

Total votes : 38
Soviet cogitations: 2293
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Aug 2010, 14:21
Party Bureaucrat
Post 15 Mar 2012, 23:22
I voted yes, even though I'm European. Dagoth is right, in America this is mostly a matter of culture, and I don't think it's doing much harm. It may have been invented for medical reasons anyway.

"Fishing is part of agriculture" Gred
"Loz, you are like me" Yami
"I am one of the better read Marxists on this site" Gred
Soviet cogitations: 238
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 12 Jun 2011, 15:14
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Pioneer
Post 16 Mar 2012, 00:59
I just want to mention a few things about how I feel about circumcision. 1. I was born in the U.S.A. , during the 80's, where unlike in the U.S.S.R., circumcision was a standard medical practice for new born boys. I can't remember that far back, but my mother told me what happened. The nurses too me away to have it done. And then when they brought me back to her, I was crying my head off. A nurse smiled, and said to my mother, "here's someone whom could use some loving". In my opinion, at the very best, cutting off a boy's foreskin is like burning off a goat kid's horns. My father had wanted to do this to a female kid we once had. I asked, agast, that wouldn't it hurt the goat. He told me that it only hurt for a minute, but that after it sucked upon it's mother's teet, and drank milk, it would forget about it. So I feel that, if it wouldn't be too difficult to enforce, circumcision should be suppressed. But if such people as Muslims, and/or Jews, insist upon carrying out this custom, they should at least keep the boy near his mother, while it's being done, so that he can nurse soon after. And also I don't know if babies would remember being molested at such a young age either, after they grow older. And supposedly,from what I've read on-line, it's even legal in Germany to touch a young child down there. http://www.drjudithreisman.com/archives/2010/09/legalized_child.html But I still feel that it would wrong to do it, as the child could not give informed consent, and/or understand the significance of the act. And that only a sick religion would ordain it as being sacred, and should therefore be curtailed. So I suppose that I feel similar about circumcision. I just don't want to offend any Jewish, and/or Muslim friends, such as Dagoth Ur, by putting it in such strong terms.
Soviet cogitations: 2293
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Aug 2010, 14:21
Party Bureaucrat
Post 16 Mar 2012, 05:31
I made a mistake. I voted no, of course.

"Fishing is part of agriculture" Gred
"Loz, you are like me" Yami
"I am one of the better read Marxists on this site" Gred
Soviet cogitations: 1
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Jan 2016, 08:13
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 21 Jan 2016, 09:13
I offer something new in the discussion of circumcision, the proposition that circumcision improves thinking and language ability by adding among our earliest associations with the eye, ears, and tongue, the tip of the penis. Thus the neural core from which our mind's neural networking branches outward is more complex and energized versus simple-minded.

The purpose of the foreskin seems to be to surprise the adolescent with sexuality, the sudden frequency of erections with adolescence being part of Nature's plan for an animal urgency to act upon desire and make babies. Circumcision is choosing the ways of civilization instead of animal sex.

Waiting to the age of consent for circumcision wouldn't have this effect and therefore the justification for parental initiative, if conceived as a profound benefit.

Hence Jews celebrate adolescence with Bar Mitzvah being about showing off language skills.

Behold, a substantial addition to the current rationale of religious and cultural obligation along with the prevailing justification of greater cleanliness, complete with medical evidence of less disease in the female partner.

I believe the trauma of the cutting should be minimized with an anesthetic as medicine nowadays chooses in surgery.

The Jewish tradition is to wait until the 8th day of birth but circumcision is normally rushed sooner than that in hospital settings to get it done while the mother is still in hospital for the birth. That is an issue worth study, whether to let the kid grow some first, more days' experiencing life outside of the womb before both the pain and pleasure involved in removing the covering of the penis tip.

I sure hope the reasonableness here urges an opening of science's gate of truth. It's applying straightforwardly what is already known about neural networking and the development of the mind.

But so many are angry at what they feel is bloody cruelty, as if surgery itself should be condemned.
Soviet cogitations: 33
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 17 Nov 2015, 22:40
Ideology: Maoist
Pioneer
Post 01 Mar 2016, 21:57
I clicked 'other'. It should never be done to a young child unless in the case of infection and circumcision is the best option. It dulls the nerves and dulls sexual pleasure in later life.
When it comes to religious reasons it should be completely up to the person with which the foreskin is concerned. It should be criminal to circumcise a baby (other than health reasons ordered by a doctor), I view that as forcing a religion on a baby ffs. If they choose to have it done when they get older because that is truly what they believe then they should do it then.
Soviet cogitations: 64
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Jun 2015, 20:48
Pioneer
Post 04 Jul 2016, 20:42
I think it should be and parents who do it should be punished by the government. I'd go as far as to say the prison terms should be rather long. There are very few things worse than circumcision. To be honest I'd rather be raped as a child than circumcised.

Dagoth Ur wrote:
Infants have no ideas. Pain is far too esoteric a concept for an infant. They cry because they don't know how to do anything else. And even if they do feel pain it's not like anyone remebers it or is really harmed by it.

@khlib: you can't say it isn't harmful to a dog's mind to frag a human ( although I doubt it is). Circumcision has lead to normal men who act just like uncircumcised men.

You are the type of person who would advocate for post birth 'abortion' if you had an emotional preconceived bias.

Comrade Jacob wrote:
I clicked 'other'. It should never be done to a young child unless in the case of infection and circumcision is the best option. It dulls the nerves and dulls sexual pleasure in later life.
When it comes to religious reasons it should be completely up to the person with which the foreskin is concerned. It should be criminal to circumcise a baby (other than health reasons ordered by a doctor), I view that as forcing a religion on a baby ffs. If they choose to have it done when they get older because that is truly what they believe then they should do it then.

You don't have to circumcise even when there is an infection. I know I had it and they just opened it and cleaned it.
Soviet cogitations: 14444
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Sep 2006, 22:05
Philosophized
Post 18 Aug 2016, 06:01
Wow you're a fragging dick. You'd seriously compare child rape to circumcision and then claim RAPE IS BETTER? Seriously frag you dude.
Pioneer
Post 19 Aug 2016, 21:02
Dagoth Ur wrote:
Wow you're a fragging dick. You'd seriously compare child rape to circumcision and then claim RAPE IS BETTER? Seriously frag you dude.

I assume you have been circumcised and are offended. I am sorry if that is the case, I did not mean to make you feel bad. Rape is just torture, circumcision is torture + a lifetime mutilation.
Philosophized
Post 20 Aug 2016, 03:33
No I'm pissed because you're making light of rape, dick.
Pioneer
Post 20 Aug 2016, 22:17
Dagoth Ur wrote:
No I'm pissed because you're making light of rape, dick.

You know it is not true. I am doing the opposite. Making circumcision look a lot worse, than how it is viewed by most Americans.

Please don't call me a dick you fragging moron.
Philosophized
Post 22 Aug 2016, 00:47
Stop trying to make pedantic points minimizing rape and you'll stop being a dick (in this regard anyways).
Pioneer
Post 23 Aug 2016, 23:02
Dagoth Ur wrote:
Stop trying to make pedantic points minimizing rape and you'll stop being a dick (in this regard anyways).

You are the one supporting the rape and mutilation of babies. Go on with your life knowing that you support one of the most barbaric and evil practices in the world and stop bothering me you piece of shit.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1277
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Sep 2011, 13:51
Party Member
Post 24 Aug 2016, 00:10
I have to admit, when it comes to anything relating to the sexes or sexuality, this site is one of the wackiest and funniest in the universe.

Here's something to lighten the mood: Mohel Extraordinaire

My laws shall act more pleasure than command,
And with my prick I'll govern all the land.
Soviet cogitations: 22
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Jan 2018, 18:28
Unperson
Post 26 Jan 2018, 06:25
No. If I had a son he'd more than likely be circumcised for a few reasons; mainly because it's cleaner / healthier, and because I'm a Christian.
Soviet cogitations: 9
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Mar 2018, 23:37
Ideology: Social Democracy
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 05 Mar 2018, 20:50
Christians in America do NOT circumcise for religious reasons. Americans generally circumcise for health reasons. Jews and Muslims circumcise for religious reasons, Jews at 8 days after birth, and Muslims anywhere between 8 days and 13 years (Ishmael was 13 years old, and Isaac 8 days old, when Abraham circumcised all the males, including himself, in his group).

Of course circumcision should be legal. It does cause pain, but only briefly (to an infant; a pubescent boy or man experiences A LOT of pain and weeks of recovery. A baby recovers quickly). Judaism does NOT have Christian views of sex at all. In fact, Jews are encouraged to make love on the Sabbath, to celebrate God's gift of sexuality. And both men AND women have the right to EXPECT sex from their spouse, and to EXPECT it to be enjoyable, fulfilling, and pleasurable. For one spouse to deny sex to the other, except when ill or for other very valid reasons, is absolutely forbidden in Judaism.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.