Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

How Does American Econoy Works

Do you think that U.S.A. economy grows by the use of Fear?

Yes
67%
No
33%
Don't Know
No votes

Total votes : 15
Soviet cogitations: 1215
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Aug 2004, 16:42
Party Member
Post 27 May 2004, 21:11
do you think that the American econoy grows by increasing the fear on it's people?
Im going to explain smthng that some people might not know.

The american economy works that well because the publicty and the news increases the fear on people inpulsing them to buy and that makes the economy to grow,im going to explain a little:
In the American Television the publicty shows stuff like: If you have acne you wont frag that girl (that mades people get scared and buy that product, if you dont have that car you will be less than your friends, if you dont have a gun somone will kill your family, if you dont...if you dont...if you dont...that bad thing will happen, so that mades everyone get scared and buy things. The in the American News(99% pro-goverment you never see the same things there than in Europe or else where, they LIE) always in the U.S.A news bad things are shown, murders, fire, kidnapping, terrorist attacks bad bad bad so that increases the fear again on the people and makes them buy things that can "help" them agains that things.
That's basically how that works, AM I WRONG?

Suggestions are appreciated.
Soviet cogitations: 9306
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 02 Mar 2004, 15:19
Ideology: Other Leftist
Old Bolshevik
Post 27 May 2004, 21:42
fear is wrong use of the word. it brainwashes them. acne medication, well to sell that it tells people who have acne that they are unaccepted. this is not economy, but marketing.

bad things are shown in the news, this is to create fear, but that kind of fear stagnates the economy usually.

Fitzy wrote:
Yes, because I am poisoning them. They are my children.
Party Member
Post 27 May 2004, 21:54
yeah but if they feel unaccepted they will go and buy a solution, do u understand wut i mean? they show stuff and provocate a bad feeling in the users who had this kind of prolbems and they go runnin to buy the product. fear into a viewer= viewer buying thing to stop that problem= selling increases=production increases= economy grows

more clear?
Soviet cogitations: 9306
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 02 Mar 2004, 15:19
Old Bolshevik
Post 27 May 2004, 21:56
but that's the basic goal of advertisement in any country. I am studying marketing, part of making things attractive is making the user unattractive. it's a comparison thing. this isn't unique to any country.

Fitzy wrote:
Yes, because I am poisoning them. They are my children.
Party Member
Post 27 May 2004, 21:57
i understand, by this technique is used in 95% of american publicity spots, u cant compare it to other countries! so i think that fear increases consume and american publicity agencies know it too, and they use it very well in their favour!
Soviet cogitations: 4796
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Feb 2004, 11:09
Central Committee
Post 27 May 2004, 22:21
This poll isn't specific enough for me to answer yes.

Back in the early days of containment (and thus, Liberal Imperialism) it was obvious that fear did make our economy grow. Our economy would have grown anyway, however, we could justify our imperialist actions as "stopping the spread of communism". To stop the spread of Communism it is simple, you open up markets for trade, thus putting off the Crisis of Capitalism until there are no more markets to open. So really, part of the expansion of the Economy was driven by fear of Communism as an Ideology, however, it was purely an excuse. The government was not being honest, they simply used anti-communist propaganda as the excuse to spread free market economics.
Party Member
Post 28 May 2004, 00:15
yeah i understand and their excuse was to stop the spreading of Communism and now is to stop the "Terrorists" they should stop The Bush administration and Ariel Sharon they are the Terrorsits! Free Plaestine and i wish someone Beheads Sharon if anyone has the possibility i will be happy to join!
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1515
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 03 Apr 2004, 12:16
Party Member
Post 01 Jun 2004, 08:05
these days its all subliminal messages so:

one of the finest (and on going) motorbikes in russian history.
<- not a ural but a dnepr
Soviet cogitations: 404
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 02 Jun 2004, 19:56
Komsomol
Post 02 Jun 2004, 22:45
The poll needs to be more specific. I dont believe the U.S government uses Fear persay ( dont care how you spell that either ) but like what was said earlier. It more or less brainwashes the masses ( sadly I live in U.S.A ) into buying more and more. I have no respect for U.S economy, becouse the schools are horrible, and the private schools are so expensive, and colleage is non-existant for many americans becouse they can not afford it. Same with healthcare. If someone ( this happend in my family ) gets very sick ( like cancer, lukemia, etc. ) it can bankrupt a whole family, and since every thing is so damn expensive cus company suits need so much damn money for there nice cars and fancy houses it ruins the average working family!
Your my new Kommie Komrade, Komrade
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.