Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Red salutations

Soviet cogitations: 7
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 25 Jun 2015, 15:00
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 25 Jun 2015, 15:23
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is D. K. Buntovnik. I am a proletarian novelist. I live in Romania, but I'm from the USA.
Loz
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 11879
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 06 Dec 2009, 23:17
Philosophized
Post 26 Jun 2015, 06:50
Salut.
Funny thing, buntovnik means "rebel" and such in Serbocroatian.
Soviet cogitations: 4764
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 20 Jul 2007, 06:59
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Forum Commissar
Post 29 Jun 2015, 07:07
Welcome, I've been reading your stuff. What made you become a proletariat novelist?

"You say you have no enemies? How is this so? Have you never spoken the truth, never loved justice?" - Santiago Ramón y Cajal
Forum Rules
Soviet cogitations: 12389
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Ideology: None
Philosophized
Post 30 Jun 2015, 07:52
Greetings, DK. Do you write in Romanian?
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
Soviet cogitations: 7
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 25 Jun 2015, 15:00
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 06 Jul 2015, 12:26
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Loz, yes. I believe the word is the same in a number of languages (e.g. Bulgarian, Polish)!

Praxicoide, good question! I felt that fictional narratives from a left-wing perspective are something severely lacking in English-speaking and US culture today, and wanted to step up and face down the common belief that art cannot be explicitly political. I think the novel format allows one to do that with little resources (less than say, a film), while permitting a more nuanced statement. So this was the draw. But it was also a way to help sort out some ideas and reflect on my own personal/political experiences and involvement and the present global situation. This foray also came following a period where I experienced some disillusionment with the 'activist' scene, when I was looking for more impactful ways of expressing dissent. Perhaps resonating ways that would do more contribute to the spread of consciousness that makes organization more feasible. If nothing else, because I believe in art as a vehicle for social change, not a mere reflection of dominant values.

Comrade Gulper, no...well, not in a literary way anyhow. My proficiency level in Romanian is too low for that, though I have written some in French.
Soviet cogitations: 260
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 16 Dec 2011, 00:54
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Komsomol
Post 21 Jul 2015, 02:14
Hi! nice to see more new Names arrive on this site

Will read through your creative endeavour when I get a chance.
"A shiny bauble from Capitalism is worthless when the cost is Children & the Elderly going hungry, The Infirm & Sick dying because of Greed & Education reduced to a token few to placate the masses with Illusions of freedom."
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.