Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Welcome me, for I am Steve

[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 110
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 04 Jan 2003, 22:40
Pioneer
Post 14 May 2004, 02:37
Hello.

Once upon a time I was a member of SE in its old form, that would have been the 2002 incarnation.

I was 'Alexander Dubcek'. I believe Andrei Mazenov called me a capitalist roader several times during my stay at SE 2002.

Well, he was right. I'm a member of the Conservative Party of Canada. I'm going to stay around here because of my interest in Soviet history and the like.

I'm also a member of PoliticsForum.org.
Soviet cogitations: 2538
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 26 Feb 2004, 06:10
Party Bureaucrat
Post 14 May 2004, 05:04
I'm not familiar with Canadian politics or to what extent they differ from America's...but do you really consider yourself a conservative capitalist or are you just a lot more moderate/centrist than would be expected of someone on this site?

Goranhammer... blessed be his name. May his memory live in our hearts and touch our souls like a strawberry tampon enema
Soviet cogitations: 9306
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 02 Mar 2004, 15:19
Ideology: Other Leftist
Old Bolshevik
Post 14 May 2004, 08:18
I don't remember a conservative party of Canada. are you sure you're not a member of the progressive-conservatives?

Fitzy wrote:
Yes, because I am poisoning them. They are my children.
[+-]
Pioneer
Post 14 May 2004, 19:26
No I'm a conservative capitalist.

Conservative Party of Canada is a new party, founded in the fall by the merger of most of the Progressive Conservatives and the Canadian Alliance, the two leading rightist parties in Canada.
Old Bolshevik
Post 14 May 2004, 19:39
I'd ask you about internal Canadian politics, but my knowledge of it is incredibly limited.

But I would like to know, you call yourself a conservative capitalist, does this mean you support liberalism and the free exploitation of society by those with money?

and what about the international situations, did you support the war in Iraq? do you now?

The situation in Israel/Palestine?

Canada's trade relationship with Cuba?

Fitzy wrote:
Party Bureaucrat
Post 16 May 2004, 19:44
wheelchairman wrote:
But I would like to know, you call yourself a conservative capitalist, does this mean you support liberalism

a member of the conservative party supporting liberalism?......don't those two ideologies kind of completely contradict one another? lol

I think I'd like to answer these questions myself, even though they were not posed to me... this will be like me taking an opportunity to introduce myself without wasting space by starting my own thread....

Quote:
does this mean you support liberalism and the free exploitation of society by those with money?

liberalism....absolutely yes....free exploitation of society?.....absolutely not

Quote:
and what about the international situations, did you support the war in Iraq? do you now?

I did to begin with....but now I think that the costs of the war have far outweighed the benefits. Furthermore, we have dug ourselves a hole we can't get out of

Quote:
The situation in Israel/Palestine?

Sieg Hail Israel! The Palestinians should have a right to exist......but just that.....and far away from Israelis.....nothing more. I hate Palestinians with a bloody passion.....but I will try not to let my hatred for them interfere with my ability to view this situation objectively.

Quote:
Canada's trade relationship with Cuba?

do they even have one? I thought that Canada was sort of America's bitch....thus similar foreign policies regarding trade. But hey, if they have one, keep it going. If they don't have one.......make one.

Goranhammer... blessed be his name. May his memory live in our hearts and touch our souls like a strawberry tampon enema
Old Bolshevik
Post 16 May 2004, 21:19
Well most conservative policies have very liberal tendencies in them as well. Conservative ideology is just a reactionary ideology and varies from every country. But the conservatives in Denmark and in the US are either just as liberal or more liberal than the liberals themselves.

Liberalism is synonomous with exploitation. You can't have free-trade without exploitation, the invisible hand may be invisible but it certainly can be felt.

Why did you support the war in Iraq?

Why shouldn't the palestinians live on the land that they have lived on for centuries?

As for Canada and Cuba, as far as I know Canada can trade with Cuba, just none of the Canadian companies do. but that could be incorrect.

Fitzy wrote:
Party Bureaucrat
Post 17 May 2004, 06:48
wheelchairman wrote:
Well most conservative policies have very liberal tendencies in them as well. Conservative ideology is just a reactionary ideology and varies from every country. But the conservatives in Denmark and in the US are either just as liberal or more liberal than the liberals themselves.

ok man, you are making absolutely no sense at all.......perhaps this can be attributed to the fact that liberal and conservative have different definitions all over the world.....and I am assuming that you are NOT American.

American definition is as follows.....

liberal: someone who wants change (Left wing)

Reactionary: someone who is against change. (Right wing)

Quote:
Liberalism is synonomous with exploitation.

how on God's green earth did you figure that?
once again, I think we have different definitions of liberal or something.

Quote:
You can't have free-trade without exploitation, the invisible hand may be invisible but it certainly can be felt.

free trade is a conservative ideology, buddy.
Liberals are very much AGAINST free trade.

Quote:
Why did you support the war in Iraq?

Why wouldn't I? Who could have predicted the mess that this war would have turned out to be? I was expecting us to roll some tanks through Iraq like we did in the first Gulf war, kill Sadam and his cronies in a couple weeks tops, and install an American friendly dictator with considerable ease......capitalism......government that is not much more democratic than Sadam's?.......small price to pay for the removal of a complete mad man.

Quote:
Why shouldn't the palestinians live on the land that they have lived on for centuries?

Why shouldn't the Israeli's, who have lived on the land for twice as many centuries as the Palestinians and then some?

Quote:
As for Canada and Cuba, as far as I know Canada can trade with Cuba, just none of the Canadian companies do. but that could be incorrect.

hmm.....interesting.....didn't know that.

Party Bureaucrat
Post 17 May 2004, 06:49
oh haha....of course you're not from America.....

I'm such a dumbass.

Old Bolshevik
Post 17 May 2004, 16:58
why wouldn’t you support the war in Iraq? hmm because
the entire history of military intervention has been a history
of complete failure.except for japan who’s culture was
Americanized almost to a point where it has become more
American than in America.

Now I do not vouch for an elimination of the state of Israel.
But it should be much much smaller. I would say that the
borders of 1967 are the borders that should be recognized.
Otherwise it is just exploitation of the Palestinians by the Israelis.
Now if you look at history, the Palestinian people, who are
a semitic people also, stem from Israel as well. I think they
were the northern part or something. Either way the brutal
oppression by the Israeli’s after 1948, and since, has made
it hard for me to be sympathetic with the Israeli’s.

besides you weren’t far off, I did grow up in the states.

Fitzy wrote:
[+-]
Pioneer
Post 17 May 2004, 21:01
By liberal I assume you mean in favour of free market policy, perhaps libertarian? If so, then yes I am. I'm also a social conservative not in favour of gay marriage, marijuana decriminalization, pro-death penalty and the like.

I support the war in Iraq. I support Israel as well.

Canada can and does trade with Cuba. We can freely travel there (I have twice) and the US is not in a position to stop it. I don't think we need to get involved in the embargo because I don't think the dictatorship will survive Castro anyway.
Party Bureaucrat
Post 18 May 2004, 01:26
damn.....another conservative hardliner......

I mean....couldn't you at least just be a libertarian or something?

Soviet cogitations: 305
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 17 Mar 2004, 23:34
Komsomol
Post 18 May 2004, 02:42
Just another capitalistt/imperialist. I think Israeli foreign policy sucks. They say they defend their own people by there actions but they kill and screw around many Palestinians who are not combatants. Such punitive measures will never bring lasting victory, I hope the Intafada brings its economy down to the ground. And Iraq is so obviously a republican/exxon move for oil and riches, it doesnt even benefit america - only a few individuals that have gained control of more oil fields. Only a fool cannot see this.

And Capitalism would not be so bad if it wasnt for the CIA that doesnt play fair and acts like a bunch of blood hungry criminals.
Last edited by Comrade Boris on 21 May 2004, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
Truth, Honour, Compassion, Fairness!
Party Bureaucrat
Post 18 May 2004, 02:44
I don't think that America qualifies as the designated spokesperson or vanguard for capitalism.... otherwise I would agree with you.

Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.