Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Odd CCCP tools.

Soviet cogitations: 2
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 20 Oct 2013, 15:31
Ideology: Trotskyism
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 20 Oct 2013, 15:40
I do apologise if this is the wrong forum for this.
My friend recently found a box containing an assortment of tools of unknown purpose with a CCCP label on it,
we were unable to find any information on it and were wondering if anyone here knew.
Image: http://i.imgur.com/AlqBntA.jpg
Soviet cogitations: 4381
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2004, 22:04
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Resident Soviet
Post 20 Oct 2013, 16:36
They look like carpenter's measuring tools to me; they from the Chelyabinsk Instrument Plant; the panel reads "CIP, Small Tool Kit, Made in the USSR".
"The thing about capitalism is that it sounds awful on paper and is horrendous in practice. Communism sounds wonderful on paper and when it was put into practice it was done pretty well for what they had to work with." -MiG
Soviet cogitations: 2
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 20 Oct 2013, 15:31
Ideology: Trotskyism
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 20 Oct 2013, 16:50
Thanks that is rather interesting, we had assumed they were for measurements but failed with Google to find anything further.
Soviet cogitations: 14444
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Sep 2006, 22:05
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Philosophized
Post 09 Jan 2014, 21:56
Yeah those are totally carpenter's tools. I can't remeber what we call those but I remember my dad having a ridiculous amount of these types of tools.
Soviet cogitations: 54
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Nov 2013, 03:30
Unperson
Post 08 Mar 2014, 02:27
Who says that only through colonization can we advance in technology and can manufacture these tools. I bet the draftsman who came up with these tools was resourceful enough to read a book on mechanical engineering and took pains in coming up with the measurments and the draft. More power to the Old Soviet Union!
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.