Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

The Great Soviet Space Exhibition of 1927

Soviet cogitations: 4465
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 30 Mar 2010, 01:20
Ideology: None
Forum Commissar
Post 13 Jun 2012, 09:28
I wasn't sure which section to put this in ... so if a mod wants to move it that's fine.

I can't seem to get the images to imbed so I'll just post a link to to the page:
http://io9.com/5917578/the-great-soviet-space-exhibition-of-1927/gallery/1?tag=retro-futurism

See what you think...
Soviet cogitations: 4764
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 20 Jul 2007, 06:59
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Forum Commissar
Post 14 Jun 2012, 07:56
This is amazing! I hope it's legit.

Such optimism, and such neat designs.

"You say you have no enemies? How is this so? Have you never spoken the truth, never loved justice?" - Santiago Ramón y Cajal
Forum Rules
Soviet cogitations: 2
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 28 Feb 2013, 03:52
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 01 Mar 2013, 00:26
In 1927, the Soviet Association of Inventors decided to hold an exhibition dedicated to the possibility of space flight. In spite of some financial and bureaucratic difficulties — the government claimed that the subject of spaceflight was "still premature and problematical" and would only serve to "stir up the masses" — an extensive display of Russian and foreign inventions was arranged for public viewing.

Such a nice history of Soviet Space Exhibition of 1927,
Soviet cogitations: 2
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 28 Feb 2013, 03:52
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 06 Mar 2013, 02:06
Included in the exhibition were displays relating to the work of Jules Verne and H. G. Wells, Nicolai Fedorov, Nicolai Kibalchich, K.E. Tsiolkovsky, Robert Goddard, Hermann Oberth, Max Valier and Friedrich Tsander, among many others. The displays featured plans, drawings and photographs as well as models built by members of the Association. The front of the building in which the exhibition was held was decorated with a spectacular bas relief, showing the earth seen from the rugged surface of the moon. The overall exhibition was divided into four general historic periods: the scientific-fantastic, scientific-realistic, planning and invention (theoretical), and invention and design (practical). The organizers assessed the various types of rockets and the methods for launching them, and expressed confidence in the eventual use of nuclear energy in space exploration.

Soviet cogitations: 88
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 03 Feb 2013, 00:37
Pioneer
Post 06 Mar 2013, 21:50
They believed in Space Flight, and they reached the Cosmos. In 1957, USSR launched Sputnik, in 1961, USSR launched a manned flight, in 1971, USSR launched a Space Station.

Nothing was fake or designed to show superiority. These achievements were made only by their functionality.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.