Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Communist Cars

Soviet cogitations: 283
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 01 Sep 2004, 01:53
Komsomol
Post 02 Sep 2004, 16:12
davee wrote:
all japanese cars fall apart. thats why the u.s. put so much money in ford, gmc, european cars, and spase ships.

Whoa there buddy. Japanese cars and old Soviet cars are the toughest most resilient cars, EVER. My grandpa has an old Soviet car that has never broken down in 22 years. We also have a Honda that has never borken down in 16 years. Ford and GMC are perhaps the worst made cars in the Universe. Theya re amde to assist Capitalism by falling apart every 4 years. As for spase ships....well, I do not know about that.
When we hang the Capitalists they will sell us the rope we use.
-Joseph Stalin
Soviet cogitations: 687
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 May 2004, 03:40
Komsomol
Post 03 Sep 2004, 05:04
Japanese cars are really good, for reasons already said. I loth Yank cars. I long ago swore to myself that I would never drive one. My Japanese spaceship is good thoe, it even folds up into a briefcase.
The revolucion will come to amerika and i will be there awaiting it

There is a little bit of Che in all of us
-reh reh , red revolucion
FREE MUMIA
Soviet cogitations: 3033
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Nov 2004, 20:06
Party Bureaucrat
Post 01 Dec 2004, 05:01
I would be ok with any of these cars...

But I would absolutly love to pick up chicks with

I post Here
Soviet cogitations: 50
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Aug 2004, 12:41
Pioneer
Post 02 Dec 2004, 18:30
Well here is all the Eastern Block Cars i know:
1. Zastava (Yougoslavian)
2. Dachia (Romanien)
3. Lada & Jiguli, Volga, Chaika, Moskvich, Zaporozhetc, Pobeda, ZIL (USSR)
4. Wartburg, Trabant (DDR)
5. Warshava (Poland)
Hm i think of bying a Lada after I pass my driving tests, its not so expansive - 250$. I will save some money otherwise i will buy a Traby (70$)...
Soviet cogitations: 1702
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Oct 2004, 21:15
Party Member
Post 02 Dec 2004, 22:52
Since the thread has been resurrected anyway, I have a question about the 603.

Quote:
The heart of the new car was the newly developed 603 engine by Jiri Klos, its advanced specification was 75mm bore and 72mm stroke (2545cc) air-cooled V8 with a single centre camshaft and hemispherical combustion chambers.

Am I to understand that this engine does not require oil?
"Shake your chains to earth, like dew / Which in sleep had fall'n on you: / YE ARE MANY-THEY ARE FEW." - Percy Bysshe Shelley, 'The Masque of Anarchy'
Soviet cogitations: 72
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Feb 2004, 10:31
Pioneer
Post 03 Dec 2004, 10:32
GTctygeht wrote:
Since the thread has been resurrected anyway, I have a question about the 603.
Am I to understand that this engine does not require oil?

No, it *definately* requires oil! The oil helps with the cooling. What it does not have is any water cooling, so no water pumps, radiators and all that stuff. Here's a picture of a Tatra 603 aircooled engine:

Hope that's interesting for you!

KOMAROFF
Soviet cogitations: 2775
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Sep 2004, 23:23
Party Bureaucrat
Post 03 Dec 2004, 22:45
Quote:

Why are all the commie-mobiles so small? How many people could fit in one (take the Zaz-969m for example).

Simpsons episode features Homer buying Soviet-made car. (You have to put it into "H"!)
Whoppee for Comrade Sergei.
Soviet cogitations: 1702
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Oct 2004, 21:15
Party Member
Post 04 Dec 2004, 01:51
Quote:
No, it *definately* requires oil! The oil helps with the cooling. What it does not have is any water cooling, so no water pumps, radiators and all that stuff.
I realized my mistake later that day but didn't get back to edit my post. Oil would at least be necessary for lubrication. That's indeed very interesting, though. I doubt Americans could even DREAM of an air-cooled V8.

What kind of mpg do you get in that thing, anyway?
"Shake your chains to earth, like dew / Which in sleep had fall'n on you: / YE ARE MANY-THEY ARE FEW." - Percy Bysshe Shelley, 'The Masque of Anarchy'
Soviet cogitations: 50
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Aug 2004, 12:41
Pioneer
Post 04 Dec 2004, 17:13
Comrade Sergei wrote:
Quote:

Why are all the commie-mobiles so small? How many people could fit in one (take the Zaz-969m for example).

Simpsons episode features Homer buying Soviet-made car. (You have to put it into "H"!)

Well if you are American its strange for you, yes! The Americans oten drive large cars and vans! But the Europeans drivee smaller!
Soviet cogitations: 1180
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 25 Jan 2005, 10:55
Party Member
Post 26 Feb 2005, 10:43
True, especially with the parking spaces! Long live the Trabbie! In Hungary pretty much 1 car in 4 or 5 is a Trabant, Hungarians love it!

Here's an interesting story from back in the cold war days from my father who grew up in Hungary and was visiting his relatives in Romania. There was a Romanian car (a copy of a British model), that was laughed at by all Hungarians. In the factories, instead of carrying the chaise on a conveyor belt, they (listen to this) covered the ground with oil and dragged it along with a tractor, no joke
! Than the Hungarians found that pretty much every second car, straight from the factory, was rusty
! When my father looked into it (he was always very fond of cars and machines) instead of storing the car frames in a warehouse, the Romanians stored them in open fields
! In the instruction manual, it actually said that to replace a certain part, you should go into the forest, cut down a small tree, cut it into a thin cylinder, and use that for the missing part
! When the cars finally arrived in Hungary, they had to take the cars apart and put them together again to put them into reasonable roadworthy conditions. Romanian Communism…

“Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.” - Charles De Gaulle
Soviet cogitations: 14
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Mar 2005, 12:12
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 11 Mar 2005, 12:43
Oh.... poor komrads!
Here you see Lada's, Moskvich's, Zaporojets's, Trabant's and sooo many more! Hovever, LADA has a new model! It's CCCOOOOOLLLL!!!!

Bush = stupid monkey
Party Member
Post 11 Mar 2005, 12:50
Post a picture! Post a Picture!

“Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.” - Charles De Gaulle
Post 11 Mar 2005, 13:08
Post 11 Mar 2005, 13:11

Bush = stupid monkey
Post 11 Mar 2005, 13:12
HERE ARE ALL THE LADA MODELS!!!!
http://digilander.libero.it/cuoccimix/E ... sse4(lada2).htm

Bush = stupid monkey
Post 11 Mar 2005, 13:14
Like them?

Bush = stupid monkey
Post 11 Mar 2005, 13:27

Bush = stupid monkey
Party Member
Post 11 Mar 2005, 13:41
Not bad, the shape a concept are a slight bit un-extraordinary. I prefer the older models.

Soviet cogitations: 114
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Jan 2005, 11:26
Pioneer
Post 04 Apr 2005, 15:27
In response to the originator of this thread...
I too love Eastern Bloc cars... I have lived in the U.S. & can appreciate the merits of cars from both regions... (As well as loving Easter Bloc automotive technology, I have a passion for 1965-75 Mopar muscle).

Your 603 (if that's where you sourced the engine bay pic) is very clean looking. My compliments...

My old man had a moskvitch back in the mid 70's. I was only 3 or 4 years old so I know nothing about them at all, except for memories of what it looked like... it was a big white chrome-grilled thing, with sort of sad looking big front lights... Not sure of it's age exactly, but it ran an old "L" plate... I can remember searing my thighs on teh seats on summer when I wore shorts :o) Despite this, I loved the thing & was gutted when we chopped it in for a Japbox the same as everyone else on our street... even though I'm sure we were the subject of ridicule, tearing around the place in our "commie car"...

Still, nowadays I could afford to own most modern cars (except for those costing silly money), and youy can keep the lot of them. I'd love an old 70's Moskvitch of my own...
Soviet cogitations: 11
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Feb 2006, 03:32
Post 12 Mar 2006, 03:02
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun"
- Chairman Mao Zedong (Tse-tung)
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.