Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Lithuania: The Road to Independence, 1917-1940 (Soviet work)

Soviet cogitations: 722
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 01 Mar 2011, 14:10
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Komsomol
Post 16 Dec 2018, 00:36
Soviet cogitations: 1001
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Aug 2011, 22:59
Ideology: Other Leftist
Party Member
Post 17 Dec 2018, 19:06
i would guess that the lithuanians would disagree with the title much like croats these days claim they were oppressed during the kingdom of yugoslavia and subsequent republic of yugoslavia, forgetting the fact that had there been no such entity as yugoslavia, their territory would be decimated to slavonia and zagorje only (the rest would be taken by italy, hungary and the winner of WW1, kingdom of serbia)
Soviet cogitations: 722
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 01 Mar 2011, 14:10
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Komsomol
Post 17 Dec 2018, 22:25
EdvardK wrote:
i would guess that the lithuanians would disagree with the title much like croats these days claim they were oppressed during the kingdom of yugoslavia and subsequent republic of yugoslavia, forgetting the fact that had there been no such entity as yugoslavia, their territory would be decimated to slavonia and zagorje only (the rest would be taken by italy, hungary and the winner of WW1, kingdom of serbia)
Coincidentally, I actually have an English-language history of Yugoslavia, published in that country back in the 70s (one of the book's authors is Vladimir Dedijer) that I might scan one of these days.
Soviet cogitations: 1001
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Aug 2011, 22:59
Ideology: Other Leftist
Party Member
Post 19 Dec 2018, 18:40
Ismail wrote:
Coincidentally, I actually have an English-language history of Yugoslavia, published in that country back in the 70s (one of the book's authors is Vladimir Dedijer) that I might scan one of these days.

Vladimir Dedijer was a very respected Yugoslav historian. As I read Western authors on WW1, they still regularly quote Dedijer's book on the assassination of Franz Ferdinand https://www.kupindo.com/Istorija/32515937_SARAJEVO-1914-Vladimir-Dedijer which is a rarity.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.