Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

The Huey P Newton Reader

Soviet cogitations: 14448
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Sep 2006, 22:05
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Philosophized
Post 13 Apr 2014, 10:11
I just found this .pdf of a bio of Huey P Newton:
http://www.prisoncensorship.info/archiv ... reader.pdf

Anyone read it or heard of it? I'm gonna read it I would just like to know what I'm in for.
Soviet cogitations: 10776
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Dec 2004, 23:53
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Philosophized
Post 19 Apr 2014, 01:14
It has been on my to read list for a while. proletarian suggested it to me a few years back.

"By what standard of morality can the violence used by a slave to break his chains be considered the same as the violence of a slave master?" - Walter Rodney
Soviet cogitations: 1201
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 09 May 2008, 14:59
Ideology: Other Leftist
Forum Commissar
Post 21 Apr 2014, 03:01
I actually got my hands on it a few months ago. I can honestly say its the single best thing out there about the political philosophy of the Black Panther Party. It's also chronological, specifically to illustrate Huey Newton's evolution in thought over time. Definitely worth it if you're looking to buy (although, I'm kind of wishing I'd found the pdf first...).

It's got the basics: "In Defense of Self Defense" and all the other stuff from the 60's "Free Huey" era. But it's also got the very last speeches he made in the 70's, which have a more pragmatic political approach. Those I'd actually found more useful, given their more internationalist orientation.

Forum Rules

Red_Son: Bob Avakian is the Glenn Beck of communism.
"Le prol├ętariat; c'est moi." - King Indigo XIV
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.