Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

The ABC's of Communism

Soviet cogitations: 102
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Jun 2004, 15:34
Pioneer
Post 27 May 2005, 22:31
i just bought a great communist book today. its called the abc's of communism it was written just after the october revolution and was ment as a way to spread communism to north america. its a great read, and i highly recomand it. its by nikolai bukharin.
Soviet cogitations: 4177
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Sep 2004, 16:21
Politburo
Post 27 May 2005, 23:50
You should bear in mind that the author, Bukharin, was shot in 1938 as a traitor to the cause of Communism.
"Comrade Lenin left us a great legacy, and we fucкed it up." - Josef Stalin
Soviet cogitations: 102
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Jun 2004, 15:34
Pioneer
Post 28 May 2005, 20:20
really? i did not know that. still, the book was written in 1919 i think, and teh book is very good at explaning communist theory, so im guessing that he was still a communist when he wrote it. its a shame he was a traitor. from the book he seems very educated, and seems to undersatnd communism very well. what a waste.
Soviet cogitations: 4177
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Sep 2004, 16:21
Politburo
Post 28 May 2005, 22:15
Quote:
really? i did not know that. still, the book was written in 1919 i think, and teh book is very good at explaning communist theory, so im guessing that he was still a communist when he wrote it. its a shame he was a traitor. from the book he seems very educated, and seems to undersatnd communism very well. what a waste.

Well, to be fair to Bukharin, he was caught up in Stalin's Purges of the late 1930s. He was one of the defendants in a Moscow Show Trial in 1936, accused of collaborating with Trotsky to overthrow the Soviet government. He was found guilty and shot, even though he was actually almost certainly innocent.

However, it must be remembered that he was what would later be called a 'capitalist roader', and while he was in favour with the Soviet government had recommended that the wealthier peasants, the 'kulaks', should be allowed to enrich themselves at the expense of the poorer peasants through a market economy. This was a reversal of his previous position before about 1921, when he had been on the extreme left of the Bolshevik Party. The fact that he could make such a radical reversal of his ideological position so rapidly indicates that Lenin might have been right when he wrote in his Testament in 1923 that Bukharin "did not understand dialectics", and that his grasp of Communist ideology was only a superficial one.
"Comrade Lenin left us a great legacy, and we fucкed it up." - Josef Stalin
Soviet cogitations: 2775
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Sep 2004, 23:23
Party Bureaucrat
Post 31 May 2005, 00:53
Hay, I was planning on writing a book like that!
Whoppee for Comrade Sergei.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.