Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Register ][ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Lil' Kim Seems To Be Serious This Time

Soviet cogitations: 12385
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Ideology: None
Philosophized
Post 29 Jul 2016, 08:52
Lil' Kim has done something that his Eternal President Grandfathers never quite brought themselves to do. He's basically just declared war on the United States.

Quote:
North Korea's top diplomat for U.S. affairs told The Associated Press on Thursday that Washington "crossed the red line" and effectively declared war by putting leader Kim Jong Un on its list of sanctioned individuals, and said a vicious showdown could erupt if the U.S. and South Korea hold annual war games as planned next month.

Also:

Quote:
The Obama administration went so far to have the impudence to challenge the supreme dignity of the DPRK in order to get rid of its unfavorable position during the political and military showdown with the DPRK," Han said, using the acronym for North Korea's official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

"The United States has crossed the red line in our showdown," he said. "We regard this thrice-cursed crime as a declaration of war."

Who knows if he's serious this time? A North Korean missile lobbed into the air won't hit anywhere in the States but could very well fall in India or Indonesia and ignite a major global catastrophe.
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
Soviet cogitations: 4349
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2004, 22:04
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Resident Soviet
Post 29 Jul 2016, 21:30
I dunno, seems more like a case of overstated North Korean anger at the US for Washington's game of 'not touching you, can't get mad'. The Russian media is focusing on the real threat the exercises pose to North Korea, including the threat of "hitting the DPRK with a preemptive attack to wipe out the country's leadership." Then again, Russia, like China, does have reason to be concerned, since the US did decide to go ahead with their THAAD deployment.
"The thing about capitalism is that it sounds awful on paper and is horrendous in practice. Communism sounds wonderful on paper and when it was put into practice it was done pretty well for what they had to work with." -MiG
Soviet cogitations: 12385
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Ideology: None
Philosophized
Post 29 Jul 2016, 21:36
I'm sure the average "DPRK" citizen is aware that Lil' Kim's missiles are aimed far more at them that at any foreign enemy. Without a massive, overbearing military presence, the Wonder Kim Dynasty would have been wiped out ages ago.

That being said, the war games are a constant source of provocation. But it's up to Kim to make the first move. He'd be toast within the week, and he knows it. But perhaps he's already stashed millions of dollars in a secret bank account and has his exit strategy planned far in advance. It wouldn't be the worst way for him to dip out...assuming he thinks he can survive in exile longer than Osama.
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
Loz
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 11879
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 06 Dec 2009, 23:17
Philosophized
Post 30 Jul 2016, 13:23
The only reason that shithole still exists is because they can level Seoul and its 10 million people to the ground in an hour, and now they even have nukes. Attacking them is just not worth it.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1238
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Sep 2011, 13:51
Party Member
Post 30 Jul 2016, 19:11

My laws shall act more pleasure than command,
And with my prick I'll govern all the land.
Soviet cogitations: 8
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 02 Aug 2016, 02:12
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 02 Aug 2016, 19:03
I agree with Loz and Comrade Gulper. I doubt that North Korea has the testicles to pull that off. They'll have just about every world power knock down the doors to Pyongyang as soon as they genuinely try to fire in Seoul's direction. Even though they have one of the world's largest armies, their vehicles are outdated and they will easily fall if they do such a thing.
When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist. -Hélder Câmara
Log-in to submit your comments and remove Infolinks advertisements.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Historical Forums: The History Forum. Political Forums: The Politics Forum, The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Siberian Fox network. Privacy.