Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Register ][ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Happy birthday america

Soviet cogitations: 1
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 05 Jul 2016, 01:12
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 05 Jul 2016, 01:16
240 years of freedom

Soviet union failed to make 70
Soviet cogitations: 12385
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Ideology: None
Philosophized
Post 06 Jul 2016, 17:38
Thebigo wrote:
240 years of freedom

Soviet union failed to make 70

YOU LIE.

Soviet Onion lived to good pensioner age of 74.

Cold blooded America still skulking along like Galapagos tortoise at 240.
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
Soviet cogitations: 968
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Aug 2011, 22:59
Ideology: Other Leftist
Komsomol
Post 06 Jul 2016, 18:33
Here's a link to an article explaining how it came to the Declaration of Independence.
If it proves to be correct, it should shake up the perception of the foundations on which USA is built.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/04/opini ... .html?_r=0
Soviet cogitations: 2506
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 09 May 2004, 21:17
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Party Bureaucrat
Post 30 Aug 2016, 18:34
EdvardK wrote:
Here's a link to an article explaining how it came to the Declaration of Independence.
If it proves to be correct, it should shake up the perception of the foundations on which USA is built.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/04/opini ... .html?_r=0

Very interesting, but I don't think that's the sole reason for the penning of the Declaration as the author is suggesting; and if it were, the address of "domestic insurrections" listed in the grievances would have had more emphasis or importance placed on it. As for it being a part of the reason for independence, I could see it as very feasible. Domestic tension and squabble, after all, has been used by powers throughout history in order to keep potentially at-risk populations focused on fighting among themselves instead of becoming united and fighting against the ruling power. It would make sense that Ol' King George saw the revolution coming sooner or later and quietly funded attempts to have the Indians and slaves make a ruckus to keep the colonists from thinking too hard about revolt. It still goes on today, with the pitting of blacks and whites against each-other in the US to keep us from focusing on the more important matters: Changing the screwed up system.
Log-in to submit your comments and remove Infolinks advertisements.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Historical Forums: The History Forum. Political Forums: The Politics Forum, The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Siberian Fox network. Privacy.