Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Register ][ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

What Does A Hillary Presidency Look Like?

[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 3618
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Oct 2004, 15:15
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Politburo
Post 30 Jul 2016, 12:00
What would it look like? Historical, probably.

[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1238
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Sep 2011, 13:51
Party Member
Post 30 Jul 2016, 19:42

My laws shall act more pleasure than command,
And with my prick I'll govern all the land.
Soviet cogitations: 14429
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Sep 2006, 22:05
Philosophized
Post 22 Aug 2016, 02:31
Trump losing will only push the right further against democratic pretenses. Which of course will also be spurred on heavily by Hillary being president.

Ideally she'll be a single term and break this awful series of double term presidents.
Soviet cogitations: 4349
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2004, 22:04
Resident Soviet
Post 11 Sep 2016, 22:45
K, is anyone else freaked the frag out by this 'Clinton health problems' thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11-EAzsGxgQ

I've been very skeptical about it throughout, given that it was always her opponents (including the fringe 'Alex Jones & co.' right) talking about it, but this incident in New York looks very serious.
"The thing about capitalism is that it sounds awful on paper and is horrendous in practice. Communism sounds wonderful on paper and when it was put into practice it was done pretty well for what they had to work with." -MiG
Soviet cogitations: 12385
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Ideology: None
Philosophized
Post 12 Sep 2016, 00:37
Considering that Bill lately looks like late-era Brezhnev in photos, it is obvious that age and stress are beginning to take their toll. I don't know that Hillary is in any worse shape, comparatively speaking, than Trump - at least, physically.

What I worry about is not so much her physical strength, but her mental state. It's well known that Reagan was already suffering from the onset of Alzheimer's during the late stages of his Presidency ("I can't remember" wasn't completely a lie, unfortunately). In Hillary's case, non-transparency, deception, and misdirection have been so long and so integral a part of her basic M.O., it might be years before we learn the true state of her health (or finances, or involvement in various insider deals, etc., etc.).

If worse comes to worst, she can always hire a storybook reader to keep our attention while her handlers spruce her up with oxygen.

Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
Soviet cogitations: 1078
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Sep 2013, 03:08
Ideology: Trotskyism
Party Member
Post 12 Sep 2016, 02:56
I think there's something off about her health. Her campaign's explanation of the stumble is "it was in a hot/humid day and she's getting over pneumonia," which I'd buy if that were isolated, that's something that would happen to a frail 68 year old woman. But it's not isolated, things like this have been going on for months. I'd be prepared for President Kaine if she's elected. Considering he's a hapless non-entity who can be expected to carry on Obama-era policies, this is neither a good or a bad thing.

On the other hand, Donald Trump exhibits every symptom of NPD and is clearly mentally unfit for office because of it. I'd take physical sickness over that.
Philosophized
Post 12 Sep 2016, 03:14
MissStrangelove wrote:
I'd be prepared for President Kaine if she's elected. Considering he's a hapless non-entity who can be expected to carry on Obama-era policies, this is neither a good or a bad thing.

If this should transpire, a completely vacuous extension of the status quo might be the best thing under the circumstances. However, I'd be concerned about two possible scenarios:

A) we get a "Caretaker" President in an era where such personas are a danger, or

B)we get a "late bloomer" who suddenly develops a "rogue" personality a la Andrew Johnson.

Quote:
On the other hand, Donald Trump exhibits every symptom of NPD and is clearly mentally unfit for office because of it. I'd take physical sickness over that.

Trump will cling to life, hooked up to a thousand newfangled machines, while his offspring and various beneficiaries hover over him like vultures, waiting for him to snuff it so the feeding frenzy can begin. Expect decades and decades of legal shenanigans to follow.
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
Soviet cogitations: 1078
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Sep 2013, 03:08
Ideology: Trotskyism
Party Member
Post 12 Sep 2016, 03:23
Comrade Gulper wrote:
A) we get a "Caretaker" President in an era where such personas are a danger, or

B)we get a "late bloomer" who suddenly develops a "rogue" personality a la Andrew Johnson.

I'd expect the former, Tim Kaine seems like he'd be another Gerald Ford. A dull, inoffensive nonentity. Andrew Johnson was a wartime Governor of Tennessee who was picked as a sop to pro-Union Appalachian moderates in the South, and his "rogue" personality is a bit of a myth to create a sharp contrast with our idealized image of Lincoln. His stance on punishing the slaveowners was only slightly more mediocre than Lincoln's, he just lacked Lincoln's political capital and thus the Radical Republicans could push for Reconstruction much more easily than against a man in their own party who had "I won the war" on his side.

Based on Kaine's record in the Senate, this is a boring man who cares about infrastructure investment and immigration reform. He did have an impassioned plea for seeking congressional approval again for declarations of war in response to Libya, which is a plus as far as undermining the post-LBJ "imperial presidency" is concerned. Otherwise, he's been a rubber-stamp for any Obama administration policy, unless paving the roads is the issue in which case he gets tremendously interested.

Quote:
Trump will cling to life, hooked up to a thousand newfangled machines, while his offspring and various beneficiaries hover over him like vultures, waiting for him to snuff it so the feeding frenzy can begin. Expect decades and decades of legal shenanigans to follow.

Oh, I'm not saying he's not going to be alive for decades to come. NPD is a mental disorder, clinical narcissism.
Philosophized
Post 12 Sep 2016, 03:49
In any case, the "Weekend At Hillary's" gags are already beginning.

I think Trump will likely outlive Bill, who seems to be seriously running out of steam lately and doesn't look to be joining Ford, Carter, and Bush 41 in the nonagenarian department.

If Tim Kaine were merely a "MYOB" infrastructure kind of guy, I'd kind of be all for him. It's just that his essential weakness and nonentity status makes him prone to be manipulated by war hawks in the Clinton cabinet he'll inherit. On the other hand, if he suddenly grew some fortitude, sacked 'em all and made a serious effort to curtail imperialistic activity abroad... who are we kidding?
[+-]
Party Member
Post 12 Sep 2016, 07:40
soviet78 wrote:
...but this incident in New York looks very serious.
Pathetic old hag. Whatever happened to the tough bitch who celebrated the death of the colonel on live television like a little baby excited about a new toy? Secret service people are gonna be having a hell of a time soon changing diapers.

Philosophized
Post 12 Sep 2016, 10:41
Yeqon wrote:
Pathetic old hag. Whatever happened to the tough bitch who celebrated the death of the colonel on live television like a little baby excited about a new toy? Secret service people are gonna be having a hell of a time soon changing diapers.

Big snakes eat little snakes. Then the jaws of Death close around even the biggest snakes.
Soviet cogitations: 4349
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2004, 22:04
Resident Soviet
Post 12 Sep 2016, 13:45
Geez, I never thought of the Kaine/Ford comparison; that would be pretty nice I think. And thanks for the Libya reminder MissStrangelove; the biggest thing that's always concerned me about Clinton has been that unlike Obama, who has almost always served as a brake on the most radical proposals of the neocons/liberal interventionists, Clinton is the quintessential gas pedal. If Kaine could serve as some kind of brake even to Clinton's appointees, that would still be preferable to whatever plans she has cooked up to restore the US's crumbling global hegemony.

Also, I know this is a long shot, but the 9/11 anniversary got me to thinking that perhaps some basic moral impulse was what got to her yesterday. I mean the Saudis are clearly among Clinton's biggest benefactors, and this summer we received confirmation via the 9/11 report's missing pages that there were actual ties between the hijackers and the businesses of senior Saudi officials, including that snake of an ambassador Bandar bin Sultan. Maybe the memorial to thousands of innocent dead Americans, killed by Islamist radicals closely connected to the US political establishment, and to the Clintons personally, finally got to her on some emotional level? Along with the concern that she now knows we know. I mean it's a long shot, but there has to be some basic humanity left in the woman, doesn't there?
"The thing about capitalism is that it sounds awful on paper and is horrendous in practice. Communism sounds wonderful on paper and when it was put into practice it was done pretty well for what they had to work with." -MiG
Philosophized
Post 12 Sep 2016, 22:24
When you talk about "basic" humanity, sure...she eats, sleeps, and breathes and feels empathy (perhaps) for her daughter.

What's more important is that, even on an issue so basic and nonpartisan as her health, she feels immediately compelled to (and privileged to) lie, cover it up, and dispatch an instant media barrage to obscure the facts.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 69
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Jun 2016, 08:12
Pioneer
Post 12 Sep 2016, 23:58
Trump is a blowhard and a complete fraud. I don't take him seriously. If you vote for him you ought to go to hell. I'm supporting Hillary only to prevent that con man. However, I do not agree with Hillary on many issues.
Philosophized
Post 13 Sep 2016, 02:09
Those of you who still think Trump would be a less hawkish President than Hillary should read this.

The Intercept wrote:
DONALD TRUMP NAMED former CIA director and extremist neoconservative James Woolsey his senior adviser on national security issues on Monday. Woolsey, who left the CIA in 1995, went on to become one of Washington’s most outspoken promoters of U.S. war in Iraq and the Middle East.

As such, Woolsey’s selection either clashes with Trump’s noninterventionist rhetoric — or represents a pivot towards a more muscular, neoconservative approach to resolving international conflicts.

Trump has called the Iraq War “a disaster.”

Woolsey, by contrast, was a key member of the Project for the New American Century — a neoconservative think tank largely founded to encourage a second war with Iraq. Woolsey signed a letter in 1998 calling on Clinton to depose Saddam Hussein and only hours after the 9/11 attacks appeared on CNN and blamed the attacks on Iraq. Woolsey has continued to insist on such a connection despite the complete lack of evidence to support his argument. He also blames Iran.

The last paragraph is also well worth pausing over:

Quote:
Thus far, at least, most prominent war hawks have found they had more in common with Clinton than Trump. “I would say all Republican foreign policy professionals are anti-Trump,” leading neoconservative Robert Kagan told a group in July.
[+-]
Party Member
Post 15 Sep 2016, 15:40
Comrade Gulper wrote:
...it is obvious that age and stress are beginning to take their toll.
Old age, it's the only disease that you don't look forward to being cured of.

Philosophized
Post 10 Oct 2016, 03:06
Republicans are already strategizing down-ballot. No one has any confidence in Trump and, should he pull out a victory by a miracle, he's going to find himself branded as radioactive to a sizable percentage of his own party. I really do foresee a repeat of the Nixon impeachment process and a defiant resignation.

By hovering over Hillary like Darth Vader over Princess Leia, he most likely sealed his own doom, once and for all. Just about every woman who has ever lived probably had flashbacks to a similar situation in her own life - whether it be her angry father, a school teacher, an abusive boss, or a scary ex-boyfriend. Not a visual anyone wants to relive.

He galvanized his base when he promised - not threatened, but promised - to convene a special judicial panel for the express purpose of putting Hillary in prison. That's a Nazi-level threat that no American should fail to recognize as such, and it won't be forgotten.
« Previous Page « POST REPLY
Log-in to submit your comments and remove Infolinks advertisements.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Historical Forums: The History Forum. Political Forums: The Politics Forum, The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Siberian Fox network. Privacy.