Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Register ][ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Banderites Get in a Fight With Pensioners in Kiev, and Lose

Soviet cogitations: 4349
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2004, 22:04
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Resident Soviet
Post 18 Mar 2016, 18:12
On Thursday, ultranationalists in Kiev attacked a small rally, organized mostly by pensioners, commemorating the 25th anniversary of the March 1991 referendum on the Soviet Union, in which 80% of Ukrainians voted to preserve the country.

https://youtu.be/5lDlgjF0HVo

The ultras attacked old men and women, some of the latter armed with pepperspray and makeshift flagpoles. Fighting back, one elderly woman yelled 'we'll clean you out yet; you'll all hang on Kreschatik' (the main streeet in Kiev); others yelled 'fascists, fascists, fascists', 'Banderite scum', 'get out from Ukrainian land', 'you're not human beings, but bastards', 'it's because of you there's a war in the country', 'fascism will not pass', and 'go kiss the Americans' ass.'

Looking lost and disorganized, every time the ultras attempted their chants, they couldn't stay focused for more than a couple refrains; eventually they were forced to retreat.

One of the rally attendees was said to be seriously hurt. The police and ambulance were called, but the lady at the end says they still hadn't arrived even after the violence died down.

Edit: Sorry, I tried to embed the video in the post, but wasn't successful.
"The thing about capitalism is that it sounds awful on paper and is horrendous in practice. Communism sounds wonderful on paper and when it was put into practice it was done pretty well for what they had to work with." -MiG
lev
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 256
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 02 Jan 2016, 14:43
Komsomol
Post 18 Mar 2016, 19:25
Putin although a Russian is the unifying force of all these banderites. He probably has 25 years more to live. Without him, expect the former soviet union to again be established. I wish the pensioners well. More power to you!
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1238
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Sep 2011, 13:51
Party Member
Post 18 Mar 2016, 21:37
Thanks for posting that! I was actually feeling a bit down just a half hour ago because RT put up an article displaying different videos of Lenin statues being torn down in Ukraine. More than 1000 have been destroyed in two years; and I was feeling all bad and shit. Thing is I'm moving back to Kiev in May. Ukraine's had a problem with educating the youth since the breakup and it only gets worse. I've noticed how stupid youngsters are these days in Kiev on my last trip. What'd ya gonna do?

Quote:
Sorry, I tried to embed the video in the post, but wasn't successful.
Yeah, you can't embed videos outside of Café Mir.

My laws shall act more pleasure than command,
And with my prick I'll govern all the land.
lev
[+-]
Komsomol
Post 19 Mar 2016, 03:33
There can never be a decent and enough pension under capitalism. Name one country.
Resident Soviet
Post 19 Mar 2016, 12:26
Whatever you do Yeqon, be careful - especially if you're on your own. Remember the East Slavic saying 'one man in the field is not a warrior' (один в поле не воин), especially when it comes to bandits who are trained to attack in droves.

I've had this video on my mind all the last two days now. It shows several things. The first is just how fragged in the head these young people are (attacking old men and even old women). The second is that they get disorientated when someone stands up to them unexpectedly (although this could also be attributed to their leader's inexperience). The third is their cowardice -the fact that most of them face their elderly opponents wearing masks.

I don't know if anybody has been keeping up on the social and political atmosphere in Ukraine, especially since there has been little published about it in English, but one can observe, just from little things like video public opinion surveys, that many Ukrainians (especially in eastern regions) are afraid of giving the 'wrong' answer and having these roaming ultras come after them while the authorities stand by and do nothing. There have been so many reports and cases of political killings, violent attacks, threats, imprisonment (for those refusing to serve in the army), and I'm certain that once the Maidan regime falls, we will be shocked to find the scale of these human rights violations.

Yeqon, it's not that they're stupid; it's that they were molded as raw human material in the 90s and 2000s into tools for political violence. I think ultimately that this kind of thing can be healed only with a shift in generations, and with a social, educational and political environment that is conducive to such healing. I don't know who post-Maidan Ukraine will be able to turn to for such an environment; Russia's there, I guess, but our nation still has its own 'rats in the attic', including as far as the Soviet experience is concerned, and as far as how brotherly Ukraine is as a nation vs. one that 'steals our gas' (the message long peddled by post-Soviet authorities and their oligarch patrons).
"The thing about capitalism is that it sounds awful on paper and is horrendous in practice. Communism sounds wonderful on paper and when it was put into practice it was done pretty well for what they had to work with." -MiG
Soviet cogitations: 12385
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Ideology: None
Philosophized
Post 19 Mar 2016, 18:25
Yeqon, I really don't think you should go back to Ukraine.

If you can get a job somewhere else, or at least get your passport stamped somewhere else while you look for a job, it's the safer move.
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
[+-]
Party Member
Post 19 Mar 2016, 22:42
soviet78 wrote:
Whatever you do Yeqon, be careful - especially if you're on your own. Remember the East Slavic saying 'one man in the field is not a warrior' (один в поле не воин), especially when it comes to bandits who are trained to attack in droves.
Comrade Gulper wrote:
Yeqon, I really don't think you should go back to Ukraine.

If you can get a job somewhere else, or at least get your passport stamped somewhere else while you look for a job, it's the safer move.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
In verdant pastures he gives me repose,
and leads me beside still waters.
He refreshes my soul.

Even though I walk the dark alleys of death,
I shall fear no evil for he is with me,
With his rod and staff that give me courage.

I shall spread a table before me
in the sight of mine enemies,
as my cup overflows.

Only goodness and mercy shall follow me,
all the days of my life.
I shall dwell in the house of righteousness
Forever.

Soviet cogitations: 12385
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Ideology: None
Philosophized
Post 20 Mar 2016, 00:26
Вы обвиняете меня в том, православным христианином ?

Но я восхищаюсь вашим мужеством и желаю вам удачи
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
[+-]
Party Member
Post 20 Mar 2016, 14:20
Thanks Gulper.

I guess I now owe you a full explanation to that attack in the religious thread which I'll post within the hour or two.
Last edited by Yeqon on 20 Mar 2016, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.

Soviet cogitations: 2293
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Aug 2010, 14:21
Party Bureaucrat
Post 20 Mar 2016, 14:35
Yeqon wrote:
Thanks for posting that! I was actually feeling a bit down just a half hour ago because RT put up an article displaying different videos of Lenin statues being torn down in Ukraine. More than 1000 have been destroyed in two years; and I was feeling all bad and shit. Thing is I'm moving back to Kiev in May. Ukraine's had a problem with educating the youth since the breakup and it only gets worse. I've noticed how stupid youngsters are these days in Kiev on my last trip. What'd ya gonna do?

"Fishing is part of agriculture" Gred
"Loz, you are like me" Yami
"I am one of the better read Marxists on this site" Gred
[+-]
Party Member
Post 20 Mar 2016, 16:27
Bagration, you post the funniest shit sometimes! Where the hell do you find it?

Soviet cogitations: 968
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Aug 2011, 22:59
Ideology: Other Leftist
Komsomol
Post 26 Mar 2016, 20:04
@soviet78, i thought there was never any referendum regarding the dissolution of the USSR and that the entire country dissolved based on politicans' decision(s)? Was Ukranian referendum one of many or the only one?
Resident Soviet
Post 26 Mar 2016, 20:55
Edvard, the March 1991 referendum was used by central authorities to ask the population whether they wanted to preserve the USSR in some configuration at a time when centrifugal republican political forces, Russia under Yeltsin most importantly, were taking more and more powers from the center for themselves and beginning to contemplate or even declare their independence. You're right, there was no nationwide referendum on dissolution after the events of August 1991, and it was the decision of the leaders. In Ukraine itself, there was referendum on December 1, 1991 in which people overwhelmingly voted for independence, but by that time the USSR was already a corpse de facto, if not de jure.
lev
[+-]
Komsomol
Post 27 Mar 2016, 02:30
Bet all the money you have. USSR would make a comeback! I betted 300 thousand Canadian dollars in underground betting ruled by the mob because I am sure. I applied mathematical formulas, statistical equations and Operations research mathematical theories. It was scientific.
[+-]
Party Member
Post 26 Sep 2016, 08:24
Ukrainian investigative journalist Anatoly Shariy has uploaded an incredible report on the gang that attacked the pensioners. He produces details proving without any doubt the identities of the perpetrators as being hard-core neo-Nazis. The report includes English subtitles.

Log-in to submit your comments and remove Infolinks advertisements.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Historical Forums: The History Forum. Political Forums: The Politics Forum, The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Siberian Fox network. Privacy.