Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Return of the Black Army in Ukraine?

Soviet cogitations: 236
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Jul 2012, 03:04
Ideology: None
Pioneer
Post 14 Nov 2014, 10:32
A pro-Russian militia has taken control of the city of Alchevsk in Lugansk and is bearing symbolism of the Makhnovist millitias of the Black Army.

In this video, we are shown newly established peoples' courts where citizens pass laws and punish people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV70uDYUqlc

They appear to have taken a semi-sexist policy of barring women from bars and certain restaurants for either being "prostitutes" or "bad future mothers" (something reminiscent of the United States in the '50's and '60's). They also had a citizens' vote to execute a man accused of rape. It is hard to establish if they are sexist or not, but these mixed tendencies are common in Anarchist corners. I can understand why Lenin got rid of all of them.

In 5:59 in the video, we see a flag with a skull and crossbones on a black background.
That symbol was the imagine of the black army under Makhnov.
http://www.fahnenversand.de/fotw/images/u/ua_18ria.gif
http://raforum.info/IMG/jpg/1919_drapeaumakh.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ag.svg.png

This is an interesting development.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 9328
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Mar 2005, 20:08
Embalmed
Post 14 Nov 2014, 12:32
Vice News is a propagandistic toilet, you should probably know. In the full video Mozgovoy is sarcastic about banning women from bars, in the context of a trial where the defendant claimed, essentially, that it was okay to rape a woman because she was in a bar as according to him, bars are for whores. However, the losers at Vice News edited it to make their own story.

Also, it's not a Makhnovite symbol, and has some religious stuff written on it, although there is an alleged Makhnovite insurgent group in Zaporozhye.

"Bleh, i don't even know what i'm arguing for. What a stupid rant. Disregard what i wrote." - Loz
"Every time is gyros time" - Stalinista
Pioneer
Post 14 Nov 2014, 13:13
Is he an Anarchist though? He seems to have all the features of an Anarchist...
[+-]
Embalmed
Post 14 Nov 2014, 13:31
No, he is some sort of left-patriotic guy with a religious slant. Also, there is a 100% communist unit under his command, so let's wish them luck.

"Bleh, i don't even know what i'm arguing for. What a stupid rant. Disregard what i wrote." - Loz
Soviet cogitations: 2298
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Aug 2010, 14:21
Party Bureaucrat
Post 14 Nov 2014, 15:49
Kirov wrote:
Vice News is a propagandistic toilet, you should probably know. In the full video Mozgovoy is sarcastic about banning women from bars, in the context of a trial where the defendant claimed, essentially, that it was okay to rape a woman because she was in a bar as according to him, bars are for whores. However, the losers at Vice News edited it to make their own story.

Also, it's not a Makhnovite symbol, and has some religious stuff written on it, although there is an alleged Makhnovite insurgent group in Zaporozhye.

I think that the video wasn't made by Vicenews. They probably took it from Youtube, and then they asked the guy about it and he explained what he actually meant. So they were quite fair actually.
[+-]
Embalmed
Post 14 Nov 2014, 16:50
There was a 3-minute heavily edited video on youtube uploaded by an Ukranian nationalist that insinuated that he was being serious, which was widely propagated. I watched the original video that showed that this was not the case. So at best, they were extremely lazy and unprofessional. Or just going along the general line of the Kiev government. Which they've done before when they lied that Novorossia promised Ukrainian detachments a green corridor for evacuation and then bombed them.

So yeah, Vice are lying cocksuckers and to trust a word they say without independent confirmation is to not respect yourself.

Pioneer
Post 14 Nov 2014, 20:13
Thanks for the info comrade. I realize Vice News' propagandism, but it is as good of a news organization as it gets when you live in the USA.
Soviet cogitations: 2298
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Aug 2010, 14:21
Party Bureaucrat
Post 14 Nov 2014, 22:01
A word they say? The journalist made an interesting interview with the commander. Any idiot would understand that the youtube video was truncated and the commander explains it perfectly. I have the feeling that this video is more in favour of the rebels than against them, at least it gave me a positive opinion.
[+-]
Embalmed
Post 18 Nov 2014, 09:38
OP-Bagration wrote:
A word they say? The journalist made an interesting interview with the commander. Any idiot would understand that the youtube video was truncated and the commander explains it perfectly. I have the feeling that this video is more in favour of the rebels than against them, at least it gave me a positive opinion.

Well, although you give a good characterization of Vice News' target audience, Mozgovoy said in an interview to Novaya Gazeta that the phrase was taken out of context, and what I said above was correct.

http://colonelcassad.livejournal.com/1903655.html

Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.