Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Bush and his commericals

Soviet cogitations: 4796
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Feb 2004, 11:09
Ideology: Other Leftist
Central Committee
Post 12 Mar 2004, 16:27
Wow, i'm starting to see the campaign commercials. George W. Bush's campaign team seems to think that most americans are COMPLETE idiots.

They're still touting the Patriot act as a good thing saying the kerry wants to weaken it making it harder to fight terrorism. The Patriot act is almost universally disliked as far as I know.

Second, the commercial i just saw talked about how Kerry wanted to wait for UN approval for the war instead of going in alone. And most americans probably now would say that we should have.

i don't know what their strategy seems to be, but at this point (barring an "october suprise"), it appears as if they're seriously setting themselves up defeat.
Soviet cogitations: 572
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Jan 2004, 19:01
Komsomol
Post 12 Mar 2004, 16:43
Maybe that is the strategy.

I mean, Kerry wants to strengthen the Patriot act and add in other regulations. Among other things.
Soviet cogitations: 301
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Jun 2004, 17:01
Komsomol
Post 12 Mar 2004, 18:09
How pathetic Bush won't put like, a list of policies in his ads.

He just wants to slide through, without saying specificly what he'll do.
Central Committee
Post 12 Mar 2004, 21:30
Welcome to the idiotic 2 party system my friends. 2 parties that both pretty much suck, their members only worth is as orators, and the US managed to pick an idiot who isn't even a good speaker to be president. Way to go America. I love your "democracy"
Soviet cogitations: 841
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Feb 2004, 21:43
Komsomol
Post 12 Mar 2004, 22:22
Things would be better without democracy. It is too corrupt and half-hearted. Taking things to the X-treme would be a much better idea.

Baptised in blood, I fear no death. Life is weakness, pain is release. The abyss is eternal, my existence infernal.
Soviet cogitations: 42
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Mar 2004, 00:38
Pioneer
Post 13 Mar 2004, 09:17
This topic is good to talk about because both party's are complete
morons I mean really Bushism is at it's worst here we have a guy who
only went to war to get retaliation on Sadam because Sadam attempted
an unsuccessful assignation on Mr..Bushes father in 1991 and the Bush
administration lead us to believe their were WOMD ya right ,and the patriot act what a joke.

Why did they go after Iraq and not Saudi Arabia because he wanted
to use Sept 11 as his escape goat and the reason to get Sadam out
of power to control the Oil fields, deprived the people of Iraq water electricity
and food and make it look like the great savor when it all said and done.

What a joke he is and John Kerry believe it or not is worse he wants to
increase taxes by 600 billion dollars and he proclaims that he's for the
working class and he cares about Medicare and the unemployed rate
these politicians only care about themselves and their partners in crime
I really understand why you hate our Government .

I hope you only hate our Government and SOME of the american people remember I'm emphasizing on (some americans) not me.
Code: Select all
[color=darkred][/color]
Central Committee
Post 13 Mar 2004, 11:35
the 2 party system is basically just a "pretend" democracy. We get two choices that both range in the same 1/4th of the political spectrum (capitalist and authoritarian sector).

I'm not saying i hate all other americans, but i've always dismissed the idea of Nationalism as idiotic. I just hate the system, and at least to some degree it is the people's fault who live under it, which is a sad statement about the governing of the world in general. Not just America.
Pioneer
Post 13 Mar 2004, 20:59
I'm not saying i hate all other americans, but i've always dismissed the idea of Nationalism as idiotic. I just hate the system, and at least to some degree it is the people's fault who live under it, which is a sad statement about the governing of the world in general. Not just America.[/quote]

I completely agree with you but there is never a legitimate 3rd party to
run up against. Their's (let's tax everyone and everything Democratic) or the
(Power driven war hungary we only care about the rich Republicans).

We have the Green Party
I'm for the environment don't get wrong
but there'll never get elected.

Then we have the liberal's and some of their ideas are really good but when debating only about gay marriages and legalizing drugs and abortion that's their weakest view's I personally like their's
ideas on if you do the crime you do the time.

These of course are all just my prospectives so if I'm not as detailed orientated I apologize to
you I'm not as witty or try be as smart as any of you.I'm trying really hard to learn as much as I can from you .Remember Comrades everyone had to learn in some point of their live my time is now better later then never.
Central Committee
Post 13 Mar 2004, 21:10
Well, the problem is that people just accept it and vote "for the lesser of two evils" when the only way to really change anything is just not accept the system, don't vote, then the "elections" will become less and less legitimate when almost nobody is voting. To change things, you have to disregard the established "rules" of how things work.
Soviet cogitations: 572
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Jan 2004, 19:01
Komsomol
Post 13 Mar 2004, 23:28
It's better to vote for the lesser of the two evils while you battle the other 200 million voters who are focused on the two parties contesting.

Unfortunately, in times like this, where everyone perceives the lesser as Kerry, (and in truth, Bush isn't that much more wonderful of a choice) -- all hope is lost.
Pioneer
Post 14 Mar 2004, 20:28
I agree it's a catch 22...
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.