Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Favorite Soviet parade

Soviet cogitations: 58
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 05 Feb 2013, 02:59
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Pioneer
Post 13 Feb 2013, 04:10
What is your favorite soviet parade? It can be any from the victory day parades of any year, to the october revolution parades. Mine would have to be a choice between the 1990 October Revolution parade (since it displayed the latest soviet technology) and the original 1945 victory parade just because it had comrade Stalin and alot of effort put forth. I didn't put this i the votes and polls section, because there are too many different parades. You can pick a post 1991 parade in modern russia, but I primarily watch the ones from the USSR.

Soviet cogitations: 2
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 06 Feb 2015, 05:10
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 06 Feb 2015, 05:29
Post this to educate a diverse lot. Ask you to take the good posts like this again.
Soviet cogitations: 1533
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Oct 2007, 15:55
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Party Member
Post 11 Feb 2015, 00:17
The 1945 Victory Parade was perhaps the best of the best. As the decades went on the parades became something of a routine. The funeral parades seemed the worst of the worst, old waxworks atop Lenin's mausoleum saying goodbye to an old compatriot. The worst was perhaps the last 1990 October Revolution Parade. I recall seeing a Coca-Cola advert in the background, shows how much the USSR had really gone from its glory days to perestroika.
We have beaten you to the moon, but you have beaten us in sausage making.- Nikita Khrushchev
Soviet cogitations: 1
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Feb 2015, 11:46
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 13 Feb 2015, 11:56
things never goes the way you want them to
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.