Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Crusader Equal?

Soviet cogitations: 42
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Nov 2011, 06:00
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Pioneer
Post 07 Apr 2012, 04:52
Does the USSR/Russia have Crusader(USA) or atleast PZH 2000(Germany) SPH equavalent?
Soviet cogitations: 4415
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2004, 22:04
Resident Soviet
Post 07 Apr 2012, 05:12
Does the 2S19 Msta count?
"The thing about capitalism is that it sounds awful on paper and is horrendous in practice. Communism sounds wonderful on paper and when it was put into practice it was done pretty well for what they had to work with." -MiG
Soviet cogitations: 2051
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Jun 2011, 08:37
Party Bureaucrat
Post 07 Apr 2012, 05:40
Well, the PZH2000 was not produced until 98, and I don't know how much Russian weapons development has taken place since the fall of the USSR.
Soviet America is Free America!

Under communism, there is no freedom; you are not free to live in poverty, be homeless, to be without an education, to starve, or to be without a job
Soviet cogitations: 4415
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2004, 22:04
Resident Soviet
Post 07 Apr 2012, 05:51
runequester wrote:
and I don't know how much Russian weapons development has taken place since the fall of the USSR.

Not very much, and virtually everything that RT excitedly talks about is upgraded 80s Soviet technology, with a few examples of advanced Soviet projects in the pipeline that have been taken to near completion, such as the Sukhoi PAK FA (I say near completion because this fifth generation fighter doesn't have true fifth generation engines). Many of these projects put on hold years ago have to deal with tremendous supply difficulties, given that many of the enterprises that produced various components have long since been shut. This means having to purchase foreign components, meaning potential kill switch bugs, or creating new parts locally, either improvising or having to create a new production chain from scratch.
"The thing about capitalism is that it sounds awful on paper and is horrendous in practice. Communism sounds wonderful on paper and when it was put into practice it was done pretty well for what they had to work with." -MiG
Soviet cogitations: 2051
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Jun 2011, 08:37
Party Bureaucrat
Post 07 Apr 2012, 07:01
yeah, it was interesting to me that during the war with Georgia, the main tank in the area was T72, rather than the vaunted T80 and T90.
Soviet America is Free America!

Under communism, there is no freedom; you are not free to live in poverty, be homeless, to be without an education, to starve, or to be without a job
Soviet cogitations: 42
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Nov 2011, 06:00
Pioneer
Post 08 Apr 2012, 19:39
Everyone thanks, even if I did not find a current SPH, I found an Experimental type so I'll use that instead.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.