Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Need help from someone who is fluent in Russian-and-English

Soviet cogitations: 2848
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Nov 2004, 20:31
Party Bureaucrat
Post 09 Apr 2010, 16:38
(Great) grandmother passed away some time ago, and left behind quite alot of stuff. While going trough them I made an interesting discovery - a Russian Berdan II rifle from the second half of 19th century. The rifle is functional, but being as old as it is, ammunition is no longer really produced for it. One can, however, order ammunition to be made - and that's what I am planning to do. I will need to provide detailed plans for the ammunition. Well, I do have VERY detailed plans, but unfortunately they are in Russian, and they would need to be in English for an engineer to make the ammunition for me here in Finland.

So, this is where I need help. If you are fluent in Russian and English, have some time to spare - and can use Paint - I'd be most grateful. If you want to help, take note that there's no rush.

Here's a link for the plans. One can open and edit it with the most basic Paint programs.

Thanks in advance.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 9420
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Mar 2005, 20:08
Embalmed
Post 09 Apr 2010, 18:37
uhh i hope this is right

Pretty sure "prosalnik" is lubricant. Says it's made of lard and wax.

"Bleh, i don't even know what i'm arguing for. What a stupid rant. Disregard what i wrote." - Loz
"Every time is gyros time" - Stalinista
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1782
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2009, 20:08
Resident Artist
Post 10 Apr 2010, 21:15
That's some good stuff your great-grandmother left behind, Carius. I wish I could obtain a rifle that was made in the 19th century and use it for hunting and shooting targets.
Soviet cogitations: 2848
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Nov 2004, 20:31
Party Bureaucrat
Post 11 Apr 2010, 17:14
Thank you for the help Kirov. What are the words you missed, though?

And thanks Tails. I am going to take pictures of the rifle the next time I visit grandmother's apartment. It has to stay there until bureaucratic engine has gone trough all the paperwork related to inheritence, and after that I need to apply for a gun license.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 9420
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Mar 2005, 20:08
Embalmed
Post 11 Apr 2010, 17:40
The stuff on the charts is just for people who made it to sign off on the part and put the date I think

"Bleh, i don't even know what i'm arguing for. What a stupid rant. Disregard what i wrote." - Loz
"Every time is gyros time" - Stalinista
Soviet cogitations: 17
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Apr 2010, 13:20
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 12 Apr 2010, 07:07
Quote:
Pretty sure "prosalnik" is lubricant. Says it's made of lard and wax.

No, this is not lubricant. This is... a-a-a... ring (circlet, circle) - compactor (compressor, packer), that the charge does not soak.
Well, you know - as the laying of water pipe. The rest is correct.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.