Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

The Invasion of Kuwait.

Soviet cogitations: 163
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 23 Jan 2009, 15:02
Pioneer
Post 31 Jan 2009, 16:50
Here are some pictures from a training evolution in 2005 in Norway. I saw the hottest woman in the world there she was a swedish Military police woman.

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn258/smittyg021/

Ignore the pictures of Ferrets.
Soviet cogitations: 6887
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 30 Nov 2007, 08:37
Unperson
Post 01 Feb 2009, 02:14
Nice. Good stuff. Where's the picture of that hottest woman?
banistansig1
Pioneer
Post 07 Feb 2009, 19:29
Some new pics from the war, these I found on a back-up CD of my pics. More are coming I have to use a scanner to get the rest.

Soviet cogitations: 44
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 30 Aug 2008, 18:46
Pioneer
Post 08 Feb 2009, 00:38
Quote:
No. Practically all Iraqi armament was either Soviet/Chinese with the notable exception of half of the fighter aircraft being French.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Communists. Unholy masters of terror. Nobody will admit they still exist
Unperson
Post 08 Feb 2009, 02:52
What are you talking about? He's generally correct. Iirc the USA, Brit, and France did sell Saddam some C4I gear, but generally he was riding Soviet and Chinese kits.

EDIT: Sovietsmitty would you mind if I upload the pictures on a military forum that I frequent?
banistansig1
Pioneer
Post 08 Feb 2009, 07:27
I just added some more pics of Iraq/ Norway.

Pioneer
Post 02 May 2009, 01:12
TRL
The Table of Organization and Equipment is different for every Battalion, or MEU. It changes even further from Division, Marine Air Wing, and Marine Logistics Group (formerly FSSG). So an infantry squads equipment will be different from a squad in a trucking company or bridging company, or HELO squadron. Right know im looking through a Marine Rifle Squad manual, and a MCI infantry Squad Leader to see if i can find TO stuff. The MRS manual was printed in 1991 its info is clearly outdated well before the wide range introduction of M4/A4s. the MCI is more about techniques. THe MRS has TO put its clearly outdated and was proably written to combat soviet armies. I really dont pay that much attention to current practises, all of my friends are out of the corps, and I got out in 07. I know there was rumors about possibly adopting the HK G36, I believe there was a limited trial in Quantico. Im a big fan of HK products, I own an HK-91, most European armies field three weapons, I know for a fact that Norway and Sweden use the G3. The M-16 family is going to be phased out soon, and you will see the next generation of assault weapons. Im sure Secdef Gates wont let colt keep selling ineffective weapons to the US. The 5.56 round is to small for todays combat environment and alternatives are being investigated.
Unperson
Post 02 May 2009, 02:40
Fun stuff. Well I guess I'll have to learn these things the hard way.
banistansig1
Soviet cogitations: 283
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 29 Apr 2009, 02:31
Unperson
Post 06 May 2009, 01:17
Kuwait is not a legitimate entity. It had never been a State in the internationally accepted sense. It had always been an integral part of Iraq. Kuwait for all practical purposes has been a British colony. Most of the territory's inhabitants are foreigners rather than citizens. Kuwait is in fact a single city, not to be compared in status with other States.

The treaty of 1899 imposed by the British imperialists was never a legal instrument. The independence Britain allegedly granted to Kuwait in June 1961 was fictititous. Oil was the real motive behind British policy, and the enormous profits of the oil companies coupled with the Sheikh's billion dollar investments in the United Kingdom was the basis for an unholy alliance between feudalism and colonialism. To weaken the region and divide its peoples, imperialist carved up Iraq’s territory. A part of the region cherished by Iraq and its area of strategic access had been separated from it. That was why the Iraqi Revolutionary Council decided to restore to the country the portion taken away from it, thus re-establishing the unity of the country.

On the early morning of 2 Aug 1990, Iraqi troops crossed into Kuwait. The Free Provisional Government of Kuwait had requested Iraqi assistance in establishing security and order. It was pursuing no goal or objective in Kuwait, and Iraq said its forces would withdraw as soon as order was restored.

In a matter of days, the imperialists forced the Security Council to adopt a series of illegal resolutions against Iraq with a dispatch unprecedented in history. leaping to sanctins in total disregard of Iraq's point of view. USA from the outset intended to starve and to intimidate the Iraqi people. USA incited a number of other countries to impose a blockade on Iraq. U.S. warships fired on, intercepted, and boarded Iraqi oil tankers, demonstrating that the U.S. arrogated itself the right to commit acts of piracy and armed aggression. At the same time, USA engaged in an unprecedented build-up of enormous military force in the Arabian Peninsula, which confirmed its aggressive intentions.

Iraq sincerely offered to peacefully resolve the dispute, but its offers were turned down by certain imperialist powers with their own agenda. Iraq expressed its readiness to negotiate with a view to reaching an honorable and acceptable political solution, including withdrawal from Kuwait, as announced by the Revolution Command Council on 15 February 1991. Iraq requested an annulment of the 11 illegal resolutions adopted after resolution 660 and all the consequences to which they had given rise; to a withdrawal from the Middle East and Arabian Gulf regions of the forces cooperating with Kuwait; to the zionists' withdrawal from the Palestinian territories; and to a guarantee of Iraq’s full and historical territorial and maritime rights in any political solution.

In the first three weeks of the United States-led aggression against Iraq, 45,000 sorties dropped 85,000 tons of explosives, destroying hospitals, schools, mosques and Iraq’s cultural monuments and archaeological sites, nuclear and other industrial facilities for peaceful purposes, releasing radiation and other pollutants into the environment, killing many innocent civilians and causing deformities in future generations. Although Iraq had withdrawn from Kuwait by 27 February 1991, the United States and its lackies continued to attack the withdrawing Iraqi forces.
Last edited by Kupredu on 06 May 2009, 03:02, edited 1 time in total.
"Mama, I've sworn to myself not to chase girls until we've knocked off the bourgeoisie in the whole world."---Pavel Korchagin
Unperson
Post 06 May 2009, 01:47
Except for the part where Iraqi troops killed and raped civilians in Kuwait. And shot Scud missiles at Israel in an attempt to draw them into the war and turn this into a pan-Arab conflict all to save Saddams ass.

http://www.indict.org.uk/crimedetails.php?crime=Kuwait

Are you seriously trying to defend Saddam?
banistansig1
Unperson
Post 06 May 2009, 03:08
Quote:
Except for the part where Iraqi troops killed and raped civilians in Kuwait.

These slanderous allegations against the people of Iraq that have long been discredited were disseminated by the corporate media in order to justify the imperialists' slaughter of the Iraqi people.

Quote:
And shot Scud missiles at Israel

This was in retaliation for the barbarous atrocities against the Iraqi people described in my previous post. The barbarians dropped tons of explosives on hospitals, schools, mosques, cultural monuments, and industrial facilities.

Quote:
Are you seriously trying to defend Saddam?

Are you on the side of imperialism and zionism?
"Mama, I've sworn to myself not to chase girls until we've knocked off the bourgeoisie in the whole world."---Pavel Korchagin
Unperson
Post 06 May 2009, 04:57
What does Israel have to do with American actions against Iraq?

In any event the Hussein has been demonstrated to be a brutal dictatorship built on sectarianism and to a lesser extent nationalism. I don't know how you can defend it. I'm not justifying American intervention. Just poiting out that when a rapist gets murdered by a serial killer I'm not going to shed any tears.

EDIT: http://www.redorbit.com/news/general/23 ... ar_crimes/

Kuwait warcrimes.

"Our files are ready and they contain about 200 suspects, all with proof, photographs and actual affidavits from witnesses," Baqer said.

The Kuwait public prosecution's list included crimes against humanity, dealing with the disappearance of 605 people, mostly Kuwaitis, during the seven-month occupation and ensuing war.

Kuwait has identified the remains of more than 200 of them following the ouster of Saddam.

banistansig1
Unperson
Post 06 May 2009, 18:30
Quote:
What does Israel have to do with American actions against Iraq?

Everything.
Quote:
The Kuwait public prosecution's list

Not a reliable source.
Unperson
Post 06 May 2009, 19:43
Statement by the Iraqi Revolution Command Council on 15 February 1991
Quote:
http://www.moqatel.com/Mokatel/data/Wthaek/Wthaek/GeneralDocs1/EGeneralDocs16_1-1.htm
Honorable Arabs, true Muslim believers, freedom-loving people around the world: Ever since the United States, Zionism and the United States' imperialist Western allies came to realize that an Arab Muslim country - Iraq - was developing a force of its own, capable of being a counterweight to the imperialist-backed Zionism - free, honorable force, resolved selflessly to tackle Zionist aggression and greed, and to reject imperialist hegemony over the region, the United States, Zionism and all colonial powers who entertained hatred against Arabs and Muslims - {ever since then, they} set about taking measures, making decisions and waging campaigns of falsehood and incitement against Iraq, with the object of thwarting the creation and development of this force, and isolating and punishing Iraq, because it has faithfully, determinedly and efficiently gone beyond the limits set by the United States, imperialism and imperialist forces, for the states of the region.

1988 and 1989 saw sustained campaigns in the press and other media and by officials in the USA and other imperialist nations to pave the way for the fulfillment of vicious aims. 1990 saw these campaigns escalate feverishly and mount day by day. The aim was clear to us and to all conscious Arabs and true Muslims, as well as to all the free people who believe in freedom and justice in the world. The aim was to pave the way for destroying this nascent force and tip the regional balance back in favor of the USA, Zionism and the imperialists - the balance that has been in place for many decades and prevented the Arabs from recovering their rights and usurped and occupied lands in Palestine, the Golan Heights and Lebanon. It has also stood in the way of the Arab nation realizing its aspirations for revival, progress and justice in the interest of occupying its deserved place in the world by virtue of its glorious history and its great contribution to human civilization.

In the early months of 1990, these campaigns intensified, expanded and assumed a hysterical dimension, with daily incitements to hit Iraq, liquidate its leadership and deprive it of the means to achieve a revival and progress. Along with other imperialist nations, the USA took a string of measures and made unfair decisions banning the export of whatever may contribute to Iraq's development and its scientific and industrial revival. These decisions called for an effective economic blockade, including the cancellation of food contracts in March 1990. It was also clear that in concert with the Zionist entity, the USA was preparing to hit Iraq's scientific and industrial facilities and liquidate its patriotic, believing leadership. When the USA discovered that its plan, which largely rests on the Zionist military capability, fell short of achieving its civil aims, it brought into the conspiracy its hireling, corrupt agent and conspiratorial rulers in the region - the enemies of God. The role, of these was to undermine Iraq's economy and then push Iraq to the brink of economic collapse.
Soviet cogitations: 495
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 03 Mar 2008, 02:36
Komsomol
Post 06 May 2009, 19:50
Kupredu..have you ever spoken to a Kuwaiti about the invasion? Or to a Pakistani about the current conflict over there? In which you also seem to be defending the clearly reactionary side.
Soviet cogitations: 68
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 31 Mar 2009, 17:56
Pioneer
Post 06 May 2009, 20:07
You know, posting exceptionally radical propaganda as evidence for an argument is poor form in a debate. Especially when the propaganda is kinda racist. Enemies of god? Really? Hell, it's not even accurate propaganda. Saddam was Muslim, yes, but his government and policies were mostly secular.
Unperson
Post 06 May 2009, 21:26
Quote:
Everything.

Rationality is not one of you strengths is it? Provide solid (rock solid) evidence that Israel had something to do with the American invasion of Iraq, to the point where it was a party to the war.

As for ignoring my source, you can ignore it if you like but realize that either way you cut it Saddam was a brutal dictator that murdered tens of thousands of Iraqi's. Any defense of him is nothing short of lunacy. He was head of a reactionary sectarian government set out for conquest of the region.
banistansig1
Pioneer
Post 08 May 2009, 14:35
Like most oil producing countries many workers are foriegners. Saying iraq had the right to Kuwaot, is like saying the Nazis had the right to the Polish corridor seperating Danzig, or the Sudentland. Get real Saddam invaded Kuwait simply cause is coffers where empty, the Iran Iraq war drained his treasury. Prior to the Iran Iraq war Iraqis had a high standard of living, great health care. After the war there was considerable dissent. So Kuwait being a scapegoat was invaded for its oil wealth. The legitmate government of Kuwait was the Emir, which fled to Saudi Arabia. Having been stationed in Kuwait for a long time, I interected with many Kuwait's in shipyards, Police and other industries. They all told stories of brutalities committed by the Iraqis. They all thanked us for "liberating Iraq". I talked with foreign workers who worked in iraq before the gulf war, and in Kuwait.
Unperson
Post 08 May 2009, 21:46
Allegations of Iraqi "crimes" against the people of the illegitimate entity called "Kuwait" were fabricated by the unofficial state media in the United States and other imperialist powers in order to mobilize the population for aggression against the Iraqi people. The fact is that atrocity stories were reported even though they were exposed as fabricated propaganda. Most notable was the alleged theft of incubators from "Kuwaiti" hospitals.
Quote:
Saying iraq had the right to Kuwait, is like saying the Nazis had the right to the Polish corridor seperating Danzig, or the Sudentland.

"Kuwait" was an illegitimate neo-colony created by the imperialist powers whereas Iraq at the time was a progressive, democratic, anti-imperialist country whose government served the people's needs and heroically resisted imperialist reaction, zionism, and racism. To slander Iraqis by equating them to Nazis is grotesque. The ones comparable to Nazis were the U.S.-led aggressors who unleashed unprecedented destruction against Iraq.
Soviet cogitations: 14448
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Sep 2006, 22:05
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Philosophized
Post 08 May 2009, 22:10
Quote:
whereas Iraq at the time was a progressive, democratic,

Are you fragging kidding me? Saddam was supplied and somewhat installed by the US government as a counterweight to islamic fundamentalism and soviet influence vis a vis the baathists. Saddam was only cast to the wind after his failure to properly frag up Iran. Not to mention that gassing the kurds, true or not, demolished his international image which directly led to america distancing itself from Saddam. Although even then the relationship was pretty amiable, while under the table. In fact when Saddam was preparing to invade Kuwait (which legitimately is a part of Iraq and its vast oil wealth property of the collective iraqi people) he didn't believe that America would do anything beyond posturing. And I can't remember where I read it, but I've heard that there were american agents in Iraq who told Saddam that america would do just that.

Furthermore Saddam killed off scores of iraqi communists. I'd hardly call that progressive.
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.