Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

world war 3

POST REPLY
Soviet cogitations: 16
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Sep 2004, 04:25
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 11 Sep 2004, 04:33
If the USSR and America went to war (i mean a sustained one like ww2), which country would have the greater resources and production capability?

Please share your thoughts
Long live the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics!
Soviet cogitations: 347
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Jul 2004, 13:24
Komsomol
Post 11 Sep 2004, 07:51
Soviet cogitations: 16
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Sep 2004, 04:25
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 11 Sep 2004, 09:45
WOW! (In reference to the link in above post)

However, i was not just refering to quality of combat equiptment. I was more refering to the resources avialiable and production capacity of each nation.

Remember in ww2, germany had superior planes, superior tanks, superior small arms, superior everything except navy (compared to the USA and Britain anyway). But they still were defeated by america and russia, due to their much higher ammounts of recources and production levels.

I am wondering which nation out of USSR and america would have had the higher levels of manpower, production, industrial capacity, etc to win a sustained war.
Long live the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics!
Soviet cogitations: 16
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Sep 2004, 04:25
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 11 Sep 2004, 09:46
by the way, what is the CCCP?
Long live the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics!
Soviet cogitations: 226
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Aug 2004, 14:50
Pioneer
Post 11 Sep 2004, 10:23
The Conqueror wrote:
by the way, what is the CCCP?

CCCP is Union of Soviet Socialist Republics in cyrylic! (Союз Советских Социалистических Республик/Soyuz Sovietskih Sotsialisticheskih Respublik)
There is an abbreviations section in the forum!
Soviet cogitations: 36
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Sep 2004, 18:46
Pioneer
Post 11 Sep 2004, 21:36
The Conqueror, comrade, it's a shame! But don't worry. We are here to help
Image
User avatar
Soviet cogitations: 115
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 22 Feb 2004, 06:36
Unperson
Post 12 Sep 2004, 05:09
The Conqueror wrote:
If the USSR and America went to war (i mean a sustained one like ww2), which country would have the greater resources and production capability?

Please share your thoughts
Why even bother asking this question? This is obviously the US. Just look at the production figures from World War 2 itself.

From 1942-1945, the US produced 276,053 aircraft. The USSR, in that same period, produced 121,536. Furthermore, US production was disproportionately slanted to the production of heavy bombers, highly complicated machines which require more money, more capital equipment, more labor, and more time to build.

I can find a lot more data, but then I'd need a timeframe. However, at any time during the existence of the USSR, the United States had a significant, if not enormous, advantage in production capability. In terms of resources, both countries were rich in natural resources, though each had their own strengths.
Image


"Collectivism is slavery." -F.A. von Hayek

Economic Left/Right: 10.00
Social Authoritarian/Libertarian: -5.88
Soviet cogitations: 16
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Sep 2004, 04:25
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 12 Sep 2004, 10:12
i thought so.

were did you get those stats?

anyone have an idea as to why this was so? After all USSR had more people, alough USA was wealthier
Long live the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics!
Soviet cogitations: 169
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 21 Aug 2004, 02:30
Pioneer
Post 12 Sep 2004, 13:33
The Conqueror wrote:
anyone have an idea as to why this was so?

Because the USA had a head start of about 100 years in terms of industrialization. Keep in mind that Russia under the Tsars was a poor agrarian nation, while the USA was already a great industrial power long before 1917. After the USSR was formed, it embarked on a course of lightning-fast industrialization, and the fact that it grew to become the world's second largest power in just 30 years is an amazing achievement.

Think of it this way: It's like a poor African country (such as the Congo, for example) rising up from its current 3rd world status to become the world's second superpower within the space of 30 years. That's the kind of thing that the USSR did.

The Conqueror wrote:
After all USSR had more people...

Actually, no, it didn't. The population of the USA was almost twice that of the USSR.
Soviet cogitations: 226
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Aug 2004, 14:50
Pioneer
Post 12 Sep 2004, 15:53
Daovonnaex wrote:
Why even bother asking this question? This is obviously the US. Just look at the production figures from World War 2 itself.

From 1942-1945, the US produced 276,053 aircraft. The USSR, in that same period, produced 121,536. Furthermore, US production was disproportionately slanted to the production of heavy bombers, highly complicated machines which require more money, more capital equipment, more labor, and more time to build.

I can find a lot more data, but then I'd need a timeframe. However, at any time during the existence of the USSR, the United States had a significant, if not enormous, advantage in production capability. In terms of resources, both countries were rich in natural resources, though each had their own strengths.

Are you crazy? Or just stupid? The USSR was invaded! Most of it's factories and plants were destroyed or captured by the germans!
"Any time during the existence of the USSR, the United States had... advantage in production capability" - that's ridiculous! In the Brezhnev era the USSR had weapons sufficient to destroy the planet at least a thousand times!
Besides, the war is not only numbers. There's something else, called a spirit. Something that will always be a mistery for you yanks. It was this spirit and love for the motherland that helped the Soviets capture Stalingrad and take 250,000 men from Fieldmarchal Paulus' army prissoners. You US chickens would have surrendered in the first month of the war against the Soviets! I bet you wouldn't have been that puffed up, if you hadn't nuclear weapons.
Now just go, leave this forum and never come back! We don't want you here, hell, I don't want you here!
Soviet cogitations: 16
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Sep 2004, 04:25
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 13 Sep 2004, 07:32
I know for a fact the USSR had more people than USA in the 80's. Was this not the case in WW2?[/img]
Long live the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics!
Soviet cogitations: 36
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Sep 2004, 18:46
Pioneer
Post 13 Sep 2004, 08:14
Stealth wrote:
Are you crazy? Or just stupid? The USSR was invaded! Most of it's factories and plants were destroyed or captured by the germans!
"Any time during the existence of the USSR, the United States had... advantage in production capability" - that's ridiculous! In the Brezhnev era the USSR had weapons sufficient to destroy the planet at least a thousand times!
Besides, the war is not only numbers. There's something else, called a spirit. Something that will always be a mistery for you yanks. It was this spirit and love for the motherland that helped the Soviets capture Stalingrad and take 250,000 men from Fieldmarchal Paulus' army prissoners. You US chickens would have surrendered in the first month of the war against the Soviets! I bet you wouldn't have been that puffed up, if you hadn't nuclear weapons.
Now just go, leave this forum and never come back! We don't want you here, hell, I don't want you here!

He is neither crazy, nor stupid. He is capitalist & yankee. That is enough! I do not want him to leave it is funny when you crush their pathetic arguments! Such pleasure... I was ready to give facts, but I see that you have given them. Thank you comrade.
Image
Soviet cogitations: 91
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Sep 2004, 18:22
Pioneer
Post 15 Sep 2004, 23:13
Stealth wrote:
Daovonnaex wrote:
Why even bother asking this question? This is obviously the US. Just look at the production figures from World War 2 itself.

From 1942-1945, the US produced 276,053 aircraft. The USSR, in that same period, produced 121,536. Furthermore, US production was disproportionately slanted to the production of heavy bombers, highly complicated machines which require more money, more capital equipment, more labor, and more time to build.

I can find a lot more data, but then I'd need a timeframe. However, at any time during the existence of the USSR, the United States had a significant, if not enormous, advantage in production capability. In terms of resources, both countries were rich in natural resources, though each had their own strengths.

Are you crazy? Or just stupid? The USSR was invaded! Most of it's factories and plants were destroyed or captured by the germans!
"Any time during the existence of the USSR, the United States had... advantage in production capability" - that's ridiculous! In the Brezhnev era the USSR had weapons sufficient to destroy the planet at least a thousand times!
Besides, the war is not only numbers. There's something else, called a spirit. Something that will always be a mistery for you yanks. It was this spirit and love for the motherland that helped the Soviets capture Stalingrad and take 250,000 men from Fieldmarchal Paulus' army prissoners. You US chickens would have surrendered in the first month of the war against the Soviets! I bet you wouldn't have been that puffed up, if you hadn't nuclear weapons.
Now just go, leave this forum and never come back! We don't want you here, hell, I don't want you here!


*claps* I agree with TheDarkLich, it was quite funny.


But yeah, I think as far as production goes they would be pretty equal. Yanks would pay off there workers and the Soviets would have a spirit boost for patriotism and work harder. But in the end, the US would surrender because they don'T like to have high casualties.
Soviet cogitations: 283
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 01 Sep 2004, 01:53
Komsomol
Post 16 Sep 2004, 20:25
*hysterical laughter* THe USSR would totally and utterly devour america.
When we hang the Capitalists they will sell us the rope we use.
-Joseph Stalin
Soviet cogitations: 2775
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Sep 2004, 23:23
Party Bureaucrat
Post 29 Sep 2004, 21:37
Brave Comrades, even if the American pigdogs were able to land troops in the motherland, I have heard that the people themselves are trained in at least rudimentary military strategy and tactics, making every citizen of mother Russia, in effect, a soldier (albeit a less-trained one)
Soviet cogitations: 13
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Sep 2004, 03:05
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 30 Sep 2004, 10:16
I am a Russian American, and I hope such a world war never happens.

-RYS
труд и доверие
Soviet cogitations: 2775
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 27 Sep 2004, 23:23
Party Bureaucrat
Post 30 Sep 2004, 21:16
Very True, Comrade. If such a war would have occcured between the Soviet Union and The United States, we would probably all be dead by now. I wish that the Soviet Union and America could have put asside their differences and joined together to pool their knowledge and resources to assist all the struggling third-world countries and lead Humanity into a golden age.
Boy, Am I Outrageously Optomistic Or What?
Whoppee for Comrade Sergei.
Soviet cogitations: 347
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Jul 2004, 13:24
Komsomol
Post 01 Oct 2004, 07:29
Quote:
If such a war would have occcured between the Soviet Union and The United States, we would probably all be dead by now

The war was going to be over 2 days after it started with not a single casualty from CCCP.

Quote:
I wish that the Soviet Union and America could have put asside their differences and joined together to pool their knowledge and resources to assist all the struggling third-world countries and lead Humanity into a golden age.

Actually CCCP did it, U$A - did not
Image
Soviet cogitations: 226
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 13 Aug 2004, 14:50
Pioneer
Post 01 Oct 2004, 20:20
Dzhigarov wrote:
Quote:
If such a war would have occcured between the Soviet Union and The United States, we would probably all be dead by now

The war was going to be over 2 days after it started with not a single casualty from CCCP.

The Americans would have at least nucked Moscow and Leningrad...
Although I'm very happy that this war didn't occur. My dad was on active military service in the beginning of the 1980's. If he had been killed...
Soviet cogitations: 13
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 24 Sep 2004, 03:05
New Comrade (Say hi & be nice to me!)
Post 01 Oct 2004, 21:34
War between the worlds two greatest nuclear powers would be devestating. Like I said, I can only hope it never happens, (and i dont think it will). But I would hardly put anything past Putin and Bush. They are both eccentric capitalists that believe in getting answers by way of force. It is foolish to think that there would be any winner in such a war. Only lots of losers.

-RYS
труд и доверие
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.