Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

WWI: an outstanding war footage discovered

Soviet cogitations: 2293
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Aug 2010, 14:21
Party Bureaucrat
Post 24 Jan 2014, 13:46
A new and unknow footage of WWI scenes has been discovered in the French archives. It was made by a French officer after the fights at Bois-le-PrĂȘtre in june 1915. Such testimonies of the horrors of WWI and life at the front are very rare.

http://centenaire.org/fr/video-darchive/apres-les-combats-de-bois-le-pretre

"Fishing is part of agriculture" Gred
"Loz, you are like me" Yami
"I am one of the better read Marxists on this site" Gred
Soviet cogitations: 12389
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Ideology: None
Philosophized
Post 24 Jan 2014, 14:22
Great find, OP-B! Watching this footage definitely gives one a sense of the wholesale carnage and barbaric stupidity of the whole enterprise. It's a lesson more people need to absorb in these days of push button proxy wars.
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
Soviet cogitations: 1533
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Oct 2007, 15:55
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Party Member
Post 29 Jan 2014, 04:47
Thank you for posting this! WWI has always been a very interesting and often ignored period in history. It was a senseless war which brought about significant internal conflicts which still affect the world in the present day. I'd like to see if there's a significant commemoration of the war in Europe seeing as it's nearing the hundredth anniversary since the outbreak of war.
We have beaten you to the moon, but you have beaten us in sausage making.- Nikita Khrushchev
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.