Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

This Day In History:

[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1782
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2009, 20:08
Resident Artist
Post 05 Oct 2010, 12:32
October 5

1789 – French Revolution: Women of Paris march to Versailles in the March on Versailles to confront Louis XVI about his refusal to promulgate the decrees on the abolition of feudalism, demand bread, and have the King and his court moved to Paris.

1910 – Revolution in Portugal, monarchy overthrown, a republic declared.

1958 - USSR performs nuclear test at Novaya Zemlya, USSR.

1986 – Israeli secret nuclear weapons are revealed. The British newspaper The Sunday Times ran Mordechai Vanunu's story on its front page under the headline: "Revealed — the secrets of Israel's nuclear arsenal."

1988 – The Chilean opposition coalition Concertación (center-left) defeat Augusto Pinochet in his re-election intentions. Next year a general election is called.
Soviet cogitations: 4779
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 12 May 2010, 07:43
Ideology: Other Leftist
Politburo
Post 07 Oct 2010, 05:23
October 7, 1949 - Founding of the German Democratic Republic

"Together We Are Invincible!"

Salute.
“Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals” - Mark Twain
Soviet cogitations: 676
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 11 Sep 2009, 07:33
Ideology: Left Communism
Forum Commissar
Post 07 Oct 2010, 06:57
Komissar_KW wrote:
October 7, 1949 - Founding of the German Democratic Republic

"Together We Are Invincible!"

Salute.

I salute you, my now lost (partial) homeland!
One day we will return!
Soviet cogitations: 12389
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 18 Apr 2010, 04:44
Ideology: None
Philosophized
Post 07 Oct 2010, 08:47
As a Russian, I salute you, only version of Germany I ever cared for! I hope you shake off the Merkel virus, and get well soon!
Miss Strangelove: "You feed giants laxatives so goblins can mine their poop before the gnomes get to it."
Soviet cogitations: 10005
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Jul 2008, 20:01
Ideology: Trotskyism
Philosophized
Post 07 Oct 2010, 12:31
What an awesome picture ._.
"Don't know why i'm still surprised with this shit anyway." - Loz
Soviet cogitations: 1537
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Jan 2010, 05:46
Ideology: Marxism-Leninism
Party Member
Post 08 Oct 2010, 20:03
October 8
1941 – World War II: In their invasion of the Soviet Union, Germany reaches the Sea of Azov with the capture of Mariupol.

1962 – Spiegel scandal: Der Spiegel publishes the article "Bedingt abwehrbereit" ("Conditionally prepared for defense") about a NATO manoeuver called "Fallex 62", which uncovered the sorry state of the Bundeswehr (Germany's army) facing the communist threat from the east at the time. The magazine is soon accused of treason.

1962 – Algeria joins the United Nations.

1967 – Guerrilla leader Che Guevara and his men are captured in Bolivia.

1968 – Vietnam War: Operation Sealords – United States and South Vietnamese forces launch a new operation in the Mekong Delta.

1969 – The opening rally of the Days of Rage occurs, organized by the Weather Underground in Chicago, Illinois.

1970 – Vietnam War: In Paris, a Communist delegation rejects US President Richard Nixon's October 7 peace proposal as "a maneuver to deceive world opinion".

1991 – Croatia votes to sever constitutional relations with Yugoslavia, making the country fully independent

2001 – U.S. President George W. Bush announces the establishment of the Office of Homeland Security.

"Those who do not move, do not notice their chains." - Rosa Luxemburg
Long Live The Bolivarian Revolution!
RIP Muamar Qadafi
RIP Hugo Chavez
Soviet cogitations: 1537
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Jan 2010, 05:46
Party Member
Post 08 Oct 2010, 20:03
October 8
1941 – World War II: In their invasion of the Soviet Union, Germany reaches the Sea of Azov with the capture of Mariupol.

1962 – Spiegel scandal: Der Spiegel publishes the article "Bedingt abwehrbereit" ("Conditionally prepared for defense") about a NATO manoeuver called "Fallex 62", which uncovered the sorry state of the Bundeswehr (Germany's army) facing the communist threat from the east at the time. The magazine is soon accused of treason.

1962 – Algeria joins the United Nations.

1967 – Guerrilla leader Che Guevara and his men are captured in Bolivia.

1968 – Vietnam War: Operation Sealords – United States and South Vietnamese forces launch a new operation in the Mekong Delta.

1969 – The opening rally of the Days of Rage occurs, organized by the Weather Underground in Chicago, Illinois.

1970 – Vietnam War: In Paris, a Communist delegation rejects US President Richard Nixon's October 7 peace proposal as "a maneuver to deceive world opinion".

1991 – Croatia votes to sever constitutional relations with Yugoslavia, making the country fully independent

2001 – U.S. President George W. Bush announces the establishment of the Office of Homeland Security.

"Those who do not move, do not notice their chains." - Rosa Luxemburg
Long Live The Bolivarian Revolution!
RIP Muamar Qadafi
RIP Hugo Chavez
Soviet cogitations: 5167
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 08 Nov 2007, 06:31
Embalmed
Post 08 Oct 2010, 21:29
are you copying from wikipedia
Soviet cogitations: 9816
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 19 Apr 2008, 03:25
Embalmed
Post 09 Oct 2010, 06:49
Oh c'mon I thought we made it not really a rule but a guideline not to just copy wikipedia and put them here.
Once capitalists know we can release the Kraken, they'll back down and obey our demands for sure.
_Comrade Gulper
Politburo
Post 10 Oct 2010, 07:38
October 10

1988 - I was born. Of course that's important!

OK, for serious:

1911 - The beginning of the Wuchang Uprising, which led to the Xinhai Revolution, resulting in the overthrow of the Qing Dynasty and the imperial monarchy in China and the establishment of the Republic of China.

1945 - Founding of the Workers' Party of Korea.

Also, infamous movie director Ed Wood (most well known for Plan 9 from Outer Space) was born today, in 1924.
“Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals” - Mark Twain
Soviet cogitations: 2510
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 28 Feb 2004, 20:50
Party Bureaucrat
Post 12 Oct 2010, 13:45
Quote:
Oh c'mon I thought we made it not really a rule but a guideline not to just copy wikipedia and put them here.

Yes, sort of. In analytical topics it's somehow more questionable but this topic is pure boring chronology... wiki can't do a lot of damage here.

Ya Basta!
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1278
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 28 Feb 2009, 02:54
Party Member
Post 13 Oct 2010, 03:58
October 13

SOMETHING COOL PROBABLY HAPPENED!
Politburo
Post 13 Oct 2010, 04:44
Even the Wikipedia entry for October 13 feels really short. Apparently Nero ascended to the Roman throne, and the Red Army took Riga, Latvia. Yep...
Embalmed
Post 13 Oct 2010, 05:11
A Romulan became Emperor of Rome? That's almost appropriate.
Once capitalists know we can release the Kraken, they'll back down and obey our demands for sure.
_Comrade Gulper
Soviet cogitations: 1201
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 09 May 2008, 14:59
Forum Commissar
Post 17 Oct 2010, 22:54
October 17th

1933- Nazi Germany gives us Albert Einstien. In exchange we give them another seven years to clean up their act before we come over there.
1945- Peron takes over Argentina
1957- Albert Camus actually accepts his Nobel Prize. Take that, Sartre.
2005- The Colbert Report is born, leading to 5 years of Bill O'reilly fans asking "he's not joking, is he?"

thekraken wrote:
A Romulan became Emperor of Rome? That's almost appropriate.

Suck on that, Remus.

Forum Rules

Red_Son: Bob Avakian is the Glenn Beck of communism.
"Le prolétariat; c'est moi." - King Indigo XIV
Embalmed
Post 17 Oct 2010, 23:17
Indigo wrote:
In exchange we give them another seven years to clean up their act before we come over there.

And it still wasn't enough time.

Indigo wrote:
leading to 5 years of Bill O'reilly fans asking "he's not joking, is he?"

Unfortunately for them he is.
_Comrade Gulper
Politburo
Post 24 Oct 2010, 18:31
October 24
1929 - The "Black Thursday" Wall Street Crash, to be followed by "Black Monday" and the infamous "Black Tuesday" the next week. Man, I want to see a repeat of this so badly, and followed by a smashing of the entire rotting system. Frag what my S-D and left-liberal friends say.
1945 - Charter of the United Nations enters into force after its ratification by the members of the Security Council, thereby establishing a (sort of) new order in the international stage, while simultaneously giving ammunition to lunatic New World Order conspiracy theorists.
[+-]
Soviet cogitations: 1782
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 07 Oct 2009, 20:08
Resident Artist
Post 02 Nov 2010, 22:07
November 2

1795 – The French Directory succeeds the French National Convention as the government of Revolutionary France.

1936 – Italian dictator Benito Mussolini proclaims the Rome-Berlin Axis, establishing the alliance of the Axis Powers.

1963 – South Vietnamese President Ngô Ðình Diệm is assassinated following a military coup.

1966 – The Cuban Adjustment Act comes into force, allowing 123,000 Cubans the opportunity to apply for permanent residence in the United States.

1973 – The Communist Party of India (Marxist) and the Communist Party of India form a 'United Front' in the state of Tripura.
Soviet cogitations: 1201
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 09 May 2008, 14:59
Forum Commissar
Post 02 Nov 2010, 23:19
November 2nd

It's E-day and Big Dave is scared. I challenge anyone to get that reference.

1983- Martin Luther King day is established by...Reagan.
2006- Rev. Ted Haggard's sex scandal forces him to resign from his position. What that postition was, I couldn't tell you.

Also the birthday of two of our presidents: James K. Polk and Warren G. Harding as well as Marie Antoinette and Nelly. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Forum Rules

Red_Son: Bob Avakian is the Glenn Beck of communism.
"Le prolétariat; c'est moi." - King Indigo XIV
Embalmed
Post 03 Nov 2010, 04:13
Indigo wrote:
1983- Martin Luther King day is established by...Reagan.

I didn't know he established it.
_Comrade Gulper
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.