Soviet-Empire.com U.S.S.R. and communism historical discussion.
[ Active ]
[ Login ]
Log-in to remove these advertisements.

Can Leninism ever truly become Communist?

Soviet cogitations: 10005
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 14 Jul 2008, 20:01
Ideology: Trotskyism
Philosophized
Post 03 Dec 2014, 16:36
Simply saying that there are transitional stages does not mean you're an adherent to the Stalinist Theory of Stages. And you really want to lecture others on whether or not they understand either it or permanent revolution?

I'll answer later. In the meantime, enjoy this:

Trotsky wrote:
A remarkable consecutiveness of stages is to be observed in the development of the Russian revolution – and this for the very reason that it was an authentic popular revolution, setting in motion tens of millions. Events succeeded each other as though obeying laws of gravitation. The correlation of forces was twice verified at every stage: first the masses would demonstrate the might of their assault, then the possessing classes, attempting revenge, would reveal their isolation the more clearly.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/trotsk ... r/ch48.htm

"Don't know why i'm still surprised with this shit anyway." - Loz
Soviet cogitations: 2293
Defected to the U.S.S.R.: 10 Aug 2010, 14:21
Party Bureaucrat
Post 03 Dec 2014, 21:05
"The Stalinist theory of stages, which OP-B defends": This is how you defined the presentation I made of Lenin's ideas. And now you are trying to say that Trotsky also recognizes the existence of stages. This is a great improvement. But what are those stages comrade Mabool?

And more importantly, what is this so-called "stalinist theory of stages" and how does it differ from what I wrote above?

"Fishing is part of agriculture" Gred
"Loz, you are like me" Yami
"I am one of the better read Marxists on this site" Gred
Alternative Display:
Mobile view
More Forums: The History Forum. The UK Politics Forum.
© 2000- Soviet-Empire.com. Privacy.